Fallout 76

Cybsled

Radiation is the main thing, since it persists in an area after the explosive itself detonates

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if you mean mini-nuke via fatman (man portable nuke) then i don't think it can hurt you unless you are pvp flagged?

if you're talking about the actual nuke, where there's a like a 2 minute countdown and a giant red circle on the map where it's going to land... if you happen to be in the blast radius and you're a low level... it's probably best if you just server hop before it lands as the radiation will persist for quite a while, not to mention create a ton of high level monsters

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
That is boiler plate language for the CCPA law. It doesn't mean the company in question actually obtains all that shit lol

This kinda thing is too casual. If they don't collect it, its a few words to remove. Just fucking remove them.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
f you happen to be in the blast radius and you're a low level... it's probably best if you just server hop before it lands as the radiation will persist for quite a while, not to mention create a ton of high level monsters
That sounds horrible.

Cybsled

This kinda thing is too casual. If they don't collect it, its a few words to remove. Just fucking remove them.

Many states have statutory requirements to provide disclosures in regards to whatever laws they have which may potentially have some manner of impact to the consumer and in most cases, said statutory notifications need to touch on all points of the statute in question. If you don't fully comply and do business in the state, then you open yourself up to fines, so usually you'll just dump literally every point into your disclosure so some CA auditor doesn't find you in non-compliance. This goes for other states as well which have statutory disclosure requirements.

That sounds horrible.

He's talking about two different things

When you use a radioactive weapon like a fatman or nuka grenade, if you have PVP turned off, the explosion doesn't hurt your target. However, fatmans and nuka grenades create a field of radioactivity which ignores PVP flags because it is considered an environmental effect, so your character still takes the environmental residual rads (which last for a bit). Some trolls will abuse that, but trolls are fairly rare from what I've seen outside of free weekends. It's a known issue that has existed for a while now.

The actual nuke, to which you responded, is actually a good thing. The zone becomes ultra irradiated (no surprise) and spawns bosses, special plants to harvest used in high end crafting, and high level monsters which drop crafting items needed to make stable flux, which is a crafting component in end game items/desirable mods. For instance, a lot of the X-01 PA mods require stable flux, as well as the ultracite ammo mods, etc. You have lots of time to get out of the blast radius (everyone on the server literally gets a quest called Death from Above started, a giant red circle appears on the map to show where the nuke will land, and a count down appears), so you can't kill someone with a nuke unless a) they are asleep/AFK/not paying attention at all b) so horribly overweight with shit that they cant fast travel and they refuse to dump anything in order to escape.

Unless it's the battle royale mode, in which case you have 15 seconds to GTFO or die lol

j00t

yeah, nukes are relatively rare, and everytime i've seen one launched it's been in a high level area. i mean, i think it'd be funny if someone nuked vault 76 itself, so as soon as a new player starts it'd insta kill them with rads, i'm pretty sure that's a complete and utter waste of resources

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

They’re rare because you basically have to do a mini raid to launch one. You can solo it, but it eats up lots of resources because you’re fighting tons of mr gutsys, robobrains, and assaultrons in the nuke silo.

You actually can’t target the starting areas with a nuke. Been like that since launch. Usually players target the south east on Fissure Prime, since that spawns the scorch beas queen boss and you can get lots of violet flux (rarest of the fluxes because it only exists in a few spots). People used to nuke whitespring resort to farm ghouls for legendary items and high end crafting mats, but Bethesda nerfed that over a year ago, so it isn’t nuked too often anymore.

Cybsled

I had been delaying finishing off the main quest, but finished it up today and decided to side with the raiders. I liked them a bit more than the settlers character wise, and the faction rewards are nice. Like the chemist backpack mod...upgrades your backpack to reduce all chem weight by 90%. No downsides, you still keep the bonus 60 carry weight on the backpack and you can free up perks by removing the need to use the Walking Pharmacy perk. At next rep rank, I can buy a machine that also produces ammo for free. One cool thing is during the final part of the main faction quests, depending on your choices/how you interacted with various characters, it impacted how the main quest wrapped up. Like for instance, because of how I interacted with one character much earlier on, I got a unique 3 star legendary plasma rifle during the final parts of the faction questline.

During a recent AMA, they confirmed they plan to continue the quest lines/etc with future content patches. Right now the main thing is grinding gold bullion to buy the new items, like the T-65 PA schematics, the faction based stuff, the new gauss weapons, and the Secret Service combat armors.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
So this was a satisfying moment for me...

I built a pump shotgun with a suppressor. With sneak it’s pretty good.

B0251CD3-101B-4117-BAFE-D2CA07A5045A.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Took this screen this morning during a Scorchbeast Queen raid that was going on. My setting were on low (helps when you play Nuclear Winter to get better frames), but still looked pretty cool when the nuke detonated.

The PA appearance is the level 100 Nuclear Winter reward that skins over your owned PA set (Enclave Hellfire Armor)

zzzzfalloutnuke.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
That screen shot is the shit.

I was walking down a road. Minding my own business in this game. Suddenly half a vehicle starts moving. It’s a giant hermit crab that uses the vehicle for its shell. Yes it killed me. Quickly.

The main quest that has you deal with the DMV? That’s funny shit.

I also ran into two different moth men. One followed and watched me. The other? Was on crack and attacked me. I burned him with my flamer.

This game occupies my time for mindless fun. On the PS4 Pro it looks pretty good.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Ya, there are different mothman spawns. One of them is pretty passive and will fly away if you try to engage. The other tries to fuck your shit up lol. There's also a public event where mothman gives you a buff that boosts XP gains after you complete it. All 3 types have different eye colors.

The DMV quest was pretty funny because its true

Speaking of the flamer, Wastelanders made that weapon really really good. Lots of mobs currently don't have fire resist because they just added that damage type (it used to just be classified as energy damage), so it mows shit down so fast now. It's great for ghouls especially. But holy shit, if you don't have gunsmith 5 equipped, that weapon will break in less than a minute it feels like.

j00t

speaking of the mothman... here's a postcard i made.

Photo_2020-04-19-095930.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Supposedly there is going to be an info drop on Thursday. Curious to see what it is, since the gold bullion and rep grind is tedious.

Side note: game will be free to play 5/14 through 5/18, so if you’re one of the people who bitched about not wanting to give Bethesda money, nows your chance. Regime, you have no excuse now lol

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So how is this game going? Lots of people still playing or is it a "wasteland"?

• 1Worf

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So how is this game going? Lots of people still playing or is it a "wasteland"?

my friend gifted it to me cause I talked non-stop shit about it - i'm only level 20 but with wasteland it's actually a pretty decent generic fallout if you're bored and have an itch for the genre

fuck bethesda though

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Been playing it casually for a few weeks, some solo, some co-op. Its decent overall and I think the gameplay has seemingly always been there, but the major complaint was that the game felt dead due to NPCs/story. Seems like there is a lot of that now. Still has some bugs here and there, could use some QOL (especially for co-op) and the shitty pay wall related things, but its one of the better Fallouts aside from the pay wall stuff.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
How have they addressed the building stuff? It's still limited to specific areas and not completely persistent right (you can login and someone else may have built in that spot, etc?)