Fallout 76

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Looks like it is set before Fallout 1

For noobies:

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The display in the video says Oct 2102, so I would say that's official.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Date on the PipBoy is in the trailer is 2102
OG Fallout: 2161
Fallout 2: 2241
Fallout 3: 2277
New Vegas: 2281
Fallout 4: 2287
The Great War that drove everyone into the vaults was October 23, 2077.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
cool.

Another fallout before the next elder Scrolls game? Yes plz

• 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So maybe 76 was the first vault to open and this is their story type thing?

Wouldn't leave much in the world really to intact with, mutants I suppose and maybe a couple other vaults?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am a bit apprehensive on this and I love Fallout. What really is there to explore in the Wasteland now especially now that Supermutants and new societies would barely have time to develop again? Will it just be more of the same but.... less?

Fallout 2 ended with the new government having a Senate and all kinds of advancements. That's the kind of thing to explore now IMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
So maybe 76 was the first vault to open and this is their story type thing?

Wouldn't leave much in the world really to intact with, mutants I suppose and maybe a couple other vaults?

Actually there wouldnt be too many mutants yet if it's only 25 years after the war. In fact there would be another fifty years of nuclear winter.

That would pretty cool though...it would be set in the origin story for all the mutations that would eventually become Fallout staples. Play through how the Deathclaws happened and how the supermutants came out some late-war genetics program or something.

• 2Like

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Doubt this will be a singleplayer RPG, wouldn't be surprised if it will try to cash in on "base building" multiplayer survival stuff. They were pushing that shit in fallout 4 as if the one thing I wanted to do was not explore the wasteland and have to come back and deal with petty upkeep chores.

• 3Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I loved base building in 4, but that's just me.

There are rumors it'll be multiplayer but with Bethesda's mission to save single player games they recently touted, it seems an odd direction to go so soon after saying that. Maybe co-op? I don't see an MMO coming out of it, but who knows?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well, at least they aren't releasing Fallouts every year and are keeping it as every 3 years. (Until next year)

Way to soon for another Fallout game. If they move towards IP annualization with this they will kill off their IP's. Elder Scrolls Black Marsh should have been the next presentation at this year's E3.

• 3Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think I burned myself out on Skyrim pretty bad and simply have no interest in another Elder Scrolls game yet. :(

• 1WTF
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I still think Fallout 4 Minutemen ending should have been Preston telling you congrats on all the forts protecting against the new threats

But scouts have discovered a large band heading east. I guess we will know more soon.

End credits.

Large army moving through the wastes towards Boston. A tattered NCR flag flies behind.

At some point I want to see plots converge and protagonists conflict.

• 3Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
They need to stop making these stupid single player games and make the got dam MMO already.

Is A 'Fallout' MMO Coming From Bethesda?

Theyd prolly fuck it up though and just make a battle royal survival game and call it an MMO (because fortnite)

• 3Barf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
At this point all we really have is the timeline and an elevator pitch of the story's premise.

As far as the actual gameplay, it depends on what form of BGS this is. I've been researching all these branches of Bethesda being named off in the various discussions on this game to see if I can at least figure out how to temper my expectations. Austin was the group who were working on Battlecry and then helped with the multiplayer aspect of Doom and they are tagged as being one of the BGS studios working on this. However, Maryland's is as well, which is the "main" team that has done all the elder scrolls and Fallout 3 and 4. It honestly could go in any direction really. I for one loved Fallout 4, and to a lesser extent, Skyrim.

I've been ready for a new Bethesda RPG for well over a year now, and I was personally thinking we were getting a reveal on Starfield. However, with what little we do know, this thing could be anything. Hell, I said it in the other thread, this very well could be just a way to kick off Starfield, considering with what has already been established in the 5 previous fallout games, 25 years after the bombs fell seems way too early for anything interesting to even be out there for you as a player(s) to even do.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah a variant of DayZ/Rust isn't all that interesting in 2018. It sounds like its basically Conan Exiles in the future instead of the past.

I'd bet they pivot towards Battle Royale though to get some of that sweet MTX $$, all these survival games do

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol Fallout battle royale and a seven days knock off. Keep chasing the bucks Bethesda instead of creating games we want to buy.

• 2Solidarity