Fallout 76

Cybsled

Game is currently free to play for a week starting tomorrow
pitt.jpg

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last time I logged in, my level 50 character and her handful of legendary weapons she'd carefully curated since the beta were all gone. All hail the mighty Microsoft Cloud and its "permanance."

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure Free is good enough. Isn't 76 the type of game they should have to pay you to play?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

They've improved it a lot since launch. It's basically a Fallout pseudo MMO at this point, but you can pretty much just go solo if you want and do the main storyline quests if you want. You can even solo the dungeons for the most part.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure Free is good enough. Isn't 76 the type of game they should have to pay you to play?
Nahh dude, its decent if you like the whole Fallout vibes, especially FO4, which this game kinda resembles. Plenty of content to level with and although end game is kinda lacking for an MMO, there is plenty to fuck around with for a 100-150 hrs. And then some since you can level in this game indefinitely. So if you ever wanted to multiplayer some Fallout with some buds, well this is your game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
I picked this up last week through the Amazon Prime Gaming free promotion for October - I'm actually shocked at how much fun I've gotten out of it. Maybe it's because my expectations were so low and I paid nothing for it, but I'm having a really good time so far. I'm approaching the title like a stand-alone expansion pack to Fallout 4 with some goofy quasi-MMO elements you can mostly ignore. Still, if you've got an Amazon Prime membership and liked any of Bethesda's games over the last decade, this is finally worth taking a look at while it's free.

• 2Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Fallout 76​

(prime reward - I already have the game from previous freebie)

Q74WWDMVG3FKVRPX72CVMM6YZ - XBOX

2692XMR3HJHTM4YDH33YTHPRZ - PC

See, its stuff like this that makes me think you really hate the people on this board.

Also

PC 2TYTJQYD4MYM6JYX93G66VWDZ
XBOX VVGM2F94W64THXQWMQHQMGDXZ

• 2Double Worf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is this game worth checking out at all? I've played most of the other fallout games but avoided this one as it was panned by everyone as pure ass aids.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is this game worth checking out at all? I've played most of the other fallout games but avoided this one as it was panned by everyone as pure ass aids.
Consensus is they seem to have improved it to a solid playable game since the shitty release. In particular, they added a story and typical kind of Fallout activities that the release lacked.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I didn't make it out of the vault during the weekend free play.

You're a vault dweller anyway so you may have more luck

• 1Hodjing
  • 1Moron

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
What the hell? It takes maybe 60 seconds to get out of the vault. Add a bit of time if you want to read every entry in the 3-4 terminals that are scattered around.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Game is great for what it is. Its a fallout 4.5 set in Appalachia. Same shit like fallout 4, mod guns, build bases collect and explore. Tons of story shit, about 100+ hours of it. No end game to speak of, but if you like the fallout vibes of 4 this one is great. Me and the kid did a tour a few years ago during covid. Spent about 140 hours in it. The thing thats great about it is you can play with other people, team up and wreck some shit. Most of the interiors and dungeons are all instanced. Over world is not. You can make up builds with SPECIAL cards you get while leveling, then just mix and match them to what you like. Wanna stealth? Sure, wanna wreck shit with power armor, go ahead. Want to melee shit with your modded melee weapons, hey its all you.

End game when we played was dropping nukes and killing the badass bosses that spawn inside the nuke zone for mad ** and **** weapons and armor. Not sure what they added since but im sure they did. Also there are factions you can grind for some other good gear as well by doing quests and shit.

There is even PvP "zones" but be wary when youre a noob. There is dudes that no life this game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Cybsled

There isn't much PVP anymore (not that there was much to begin with). They killed the battle royale mode a couple years back and they got rid of Hunter/Hunted gameplay you used to use the radio to queue up for (although no one ever did it).

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Game is great for what it is. Its a fallout 4.5 set in Appalachia. Same shit like fallout 4, mod guns, build bases collect and explore. Tons of story shit, about 100+ hours of it. No end game to speak of, but if you like the fallout vibes of 4 this one is great. Me and the kid did a tour a few years ago during covid. Spent about 140 hours in it. The thing thats great about it is you can play with other people, team up and wreck some shit. Most of the interiors and dungeons are all instanced. Over world is not. You can make up builds with SPECIAL cards you get while leveling, then just mix and match them to what you like. Wanna stealth? Sure, wanna wreck shit with power armor, go ahead. Want to melee shit with your modded melee weapons, hey its all you.

End game when we played was dropping nukes and killing the badass bosses that spawn inside the nuke zone for mad ** and **** weapons and armor. Not sure what they added since but im sure they did. Also there are factions you can grind for some other good gear as well by doing quests and shit.

There is even PvP "zones" but be wary when youre a noob. There is dudes that no life this game.
Watching the show with the wife, and I'm so curious about the back story and wtf is going on. Was thinking of installing it on PC from Gamepass and playing through with the wife just to explore and figure shit out. Read the lore and stuff.

Cybsled

Chronologically, Fallout 76 takes place only 25 years after the nukes fell. The show and later Fallout games are close to 200 years later

So some of the factions/groups aren’t too far removed from their pre-war stuff

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, if you want the full lore you're better served by watching some good YouTube lore video. Otherwise, you're going to have to play all the games.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Well, it's free right now as part of the show's promotion so no risk. I'm not that deep into it but it does feel like it's a bit light on lore perhaps due to the MMO side of it, but could just as well be because my appetite for reading everything at a computer terminal isn't what it used to be. I don't recall learning anything in-game that enhanced the show and vice versa.

As far as the game goes, I'll concur with what others told me; if you liked FO4, you should find the current state of 76 decently entertaining.