Fallout

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is the beauty of the casting. The armor comes off you see Michael Rapaport and your brain associates him with a prick/pussy.

rap.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Caliane

epi8 running commentary.

hindhsight. thadd should have questioned his healed foot a lot more. he is shown to be an actually well informed squire. not even a squire would overlook such a miraculous biotech in the wild.

"how did knight titus die?" "he died running". well, thats not what I asked. again, have people talk like human beings. ffs.
"sir constantly disloyal fuckup retard, please join me as my sword in taking over the wasteland, and otherBoS chapters." brah, really?

buds loose lips. it'd be interesting if this tied into something. chinese spies. hes saying things to cooper he shouldn't be.
what would be worse, bud robo braining himself, or thats someone else, with buds mind implanted?

"thats how we will win the great game of capitalism." anyone trying to argue this show isn't commie propaganda. why would the vault tec guy say this? again, not talking about the war, not talking about preserving America, not even talking about profits, etc. no, he's talking about profits in communist terms.

"we can use illegal immigrants to make super mutants" sigh...

The idea, that the insane experiment vaults were actually all shopped out to others I think is fine. but, the logic behind it is retarded. "lets just do random evil shit."

and of course, a cabal of company heads, all meeting together, and dropping the bombs on purpose. ffs.
"we'll have a monopoly if we kill everyone!"

zero pushback on muldover.
why the fuck is she keeping ghoul mom around?
there has got to be a "twist" that muldover is actually a lunatic coming, from the fact they seem to be trying so hard to make her seem like the hero.

ffs, making the BoS look pathetic. how are these clowns taking out power armor and vertibirds?

ghoul one shotting power armor...oh fuck you.

gives free power to the wasteland and dies, while chastising the brotherhood with power. ffs. so nope. the show 100% thought this women was a tragic hero and always in the right.

fuck me. what a dumpster fire. epi 8 destroyed this show for me.

final thoughts. the writing can be real spotty. I've pointed out the countless examples of people not talking to each other out loud when they should be. massive inexplicable writing around maximus. the only consistent part of him is, he's kind of dumb.
great sets, props, etc.
I mentioned the overall theming already. very worried its going to be yet another, post modern, commie. "humans bad, America bad, capitalism bad" trash like every other tv/game out these days.
no lynda carter. she's 72. I'd have tried to get her in. not try to wait for it to make sense for Magnolia to show up in some way. have her in as someone else.,

before epi 8 I was thinking, 7/10. similar to westworld, witcher, the boys s1. mostly good, but some cracks. if they fix the cracks, great. if on the other hand, they focus on making those cracks the main draw of the show, like they did with those 3... then into the trash it'll go, just like them.
epi8 Im thinking might be just straight into the trash. I can't express how much I hate everything about episode 8. the pacing, the story, the reveals, everything.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So, yes. It looks like ghouls in the game so I'm not sure what your issue is. They look leathery and he looks leathery.

The glowing is from a light in the scene... you really might need a new TV.

And, yes, fallout has routinely used music for comedic effect. The show and the games were never a strictly serious affair.
I honestly am starting to think he did not play the games much and may not have watched much of the show.

Aside from the butch alphabet squire lesbian, the woke shit was actually really minimal and things you would come across in the actual games. They elements of the world were very faithful with some twists thrown in, like the idea of Vault Tech being the ones who started the war (it is hinted that the Zeta Aliens or maybe Poseidon Energy were the groups who kicked it off at points in the game series, but I actually like the idea they went with in the show) and some of the stuff they added with Ghouls. Plot wise, they failed to explain some things regarding the main antagonist (if you can even consider her that), like her connection to Lucy's mother and why is she alive and not a ghoul. Maybe they touch on that in the next season, but doubtful with how that character arc ended and the clear indication of where next season will be set.

Goggins killed it the entire time and the Lucy vault dweller story arc was very well done/acted. Low rent Finn was annoying at first but got much more interesting towards the end, which I think is the point. Supporting cast was amazingly good across the board with a couple nice small note roles like the drug dealers and the radio DJ.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Aside from the butch alphabet squire lesbian

It wasn't a "butch" "lesbian". Butch means lesbians who look masculine. Her sexuality wasn't hinted at in the show. It was presented as being androgynous/non binary - this is a gender identity rather than a sexuality.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It wasn't a "butch" "lesbian". Butch means lesbians who look masculine. Her sexuality wasn't hinted at in the show. It was presented as being androgynous/non binary - this is a gender identity rather than a sexuality.
ITs a dyke, a skinny butch one at that. No amount of made up bullshit woke words will change reality on that, Mr Orwell.

• 1Like

Caliane

I'm actually angry now. haha. I'm sitting here trying to finish up todays work, and my blood is boiling. episode 8 really pissed me off.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What about the season finale is pissing people off exactly? I mean it felt a bit rushed and they did not really explain anything with the female antagonist and how she ended up in her present situation, but aside from that I thought it was pretty decent. Very on pitch for the actual setting its based on.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Does anyone remember, in the NCR ending of FNV, do you have to get rid of House or is that not part of the NCR path? Is it just about taking out Caesar and his legions?
Yes you have to kill House for the NCR
Didnt New Vegas have a Super Mutant Companion that walked around a sun dress? Woke shit! Probably ruined the whole game
There was a nightkin named Lily who was a recruitable companion.

I don’t imagine it was any kind of woke nonsense: she was implied to be an old grandma when she was captured and made into a mutant for The Masters army

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I honestly thing GuardianX GuardianX might not have played the games. The whole core idea of the setting of the games was a fucked up alternate time line where the world in general (and USSA in particular) never advanced culturally out of the 1950s. Thats fundamental to the tone and setting of the entire in game universe. Its not an exact copy of earth or the history of it. It diverges into a sort of rampant out of control capitolism, unfettered science, and degenerate communism all going on to set off a world war. The people are able to survive things because prior to the bombs falling in 2077 they were getting a steady diet of toxic waste and rads from the forces in control of the world. And everyone was fighting over energy resources that made the fusion arc reactors work, as well as patroleum because all their plastics and so on depended on it. I mean, there was no internet or even color TV in this alt timeline. Trying to compare the current world to it is sort of like bitching about movies like Excalibur for not adhering to real historical data.

As for the rest, the show covered a lot of ground over the course of the season and he basically noped out after a single episode where they were just laying the groundwork for everything. I can understand the timeline jumping confusing some people but honestly they could not cram any more world building into Ep1 without it turning into a giant exposition dump. Instead we got gradual feeds and character arcs/development over the season. Was it the best show ever? No, but it was pretty solid and if you are a fan of the games it was very entertaining.

• 5Like
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes you have to kill House for the NCR

There was a nightkin named Lily who was a recruitable companion.

I don’t imagine it was any kind of woke nonsense: she was implied to be an old grandma when she was captured and made into a mutant for The Masters army
This is accurate. The super mutants were basically sterile, like everything else made with the FEV.

• 1Like

Cybsled

What about the season finale is pissing people off exactly

I see a lot of people misinterpreting the line of “we’ll drop the bombs ourselves” to think Vault Tec dropped ALL the bombs. The games have made it pretty clear that Enclave/Vault Tec triggered the nuclear exchange. You just need to drop one bomb in either China or the US and both countries would destroy eachother in the subsequent nuclear exchange.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I see a lot of people misinterpreting the line of “we’ll drop the bombs ourselves” to think Vault Tec dropped ALL the bombs. The games have made it pretty clear that Enclave/Vault Tec triggered the nuclear exchange. You just need to drop one bomb in either China or the US and both countries would destroy eachother in the subsequent nuclear exchange.
It's also set up that they could be lying, or in Cooper's wife's case THINK they're lying, just to get the other big corpos in on the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if we learn something like Haskins was planning to bomb something to start off nuclear war and Barb finds out it's more than a bait and gets iced, in the cryogenic way, to keep her from stopping it. Then you find out they didn't even get to because another faction actually did and most of their Vault plans were 1/2 baked because they weren't ready.

Also dollars to donuts the BoS had a hand in Nuking Sandy and Max will find this out. For those who think BoS are the "good" guys, they certainly are not. They're just cool looking dudes with the same power desire as every other retarded baddie. Even in Fo2 I remember finally joining the BoS and they were just a bunch of dickholes with cool tech. That is very much keeping in line with the show. Titus was a pussy with a big gun and cool suit and the second he was found out he was willing to blame and kill his Squire for it. The High Cleric is basically fucking Darth Sidious at this point and keeps Max around just because he appears to be a big enough BoS fanatic to be useful. Literally lets him live when he says he's ready to die for the BoS.

I'm sad we got a 1 second glimpse of a Super Mutant hand, but hopefully when they do them they do them well in season 2. I'd hate to have them rushed with really shitty CGI or just some half baked counter to Power Armor. Fuck, Marcus could even still be alive. He's the only Super Mutant that really stuck with me throughout the games, but I remember much more of FO2 than 3/4/NV because those games seemed more gameplay than story to me.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Also dollars to donuts the BoS had a hand in Nuking Sandy and Max will find this out.
They explained this. It was Lucy's Dad/Vault-Tec that bombed Sandy. He didn't even try to refute the accusations.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users