Fallout

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Season 1 was universally liked here.

everything after not so much.
I didnt like Westworld season 1. I dont know if I chimed in or cared to.

Season 1 was very pretentious, and it seemed that was the direction they wanted to go so I stopped there.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
They fucked up Wheel of Time
You're forgetting how dumb they made their most marquee ip yet, rings of power.

Also boys is gay dog shit, literally showing you dudes assholes and inside of their dicks.

• 3Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have yet to hear a "War...war never changes..". If I don't get that on episode and/or series intro, I'm gonna start rippin' throats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Season 1 was universally liked here.

everything after not so much.
it had potential, but also major glaring flaws. I was bitching about the security being retarded from the get go. at the time.. plot point? was a option. of course, later seasons showed, no, all the dumb shit was just retardation from the writers.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Guess the NCR just got deleted, based on the new trailer.
Yeah, there's a god damned Shady Sands sign at 0:37, NCR having zero presence is extremely odd. Even if you head-canon a truce between the BoS and NCR ala New Vegas, they wouldn't allow whatever militia is led by ethnic girl power at 2:23.

Edit: Missed that the militia(?) is waving an NCR flag and actively firing on the Knight at 2:25, so either the BoS and/or the apparent dustbowl has collapsed the NCR since New Vegas?

That said, having Walton Goggins being a pre-war ghoul in entertainment, so you can have him do promo bits as a human pre-war AND be an emblem for the fall from grace of society as a whole, is a nice bit of plotting.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I associated fallout with the blonde thumbs up dude. What's with the chick and the jogger in the poster? This a loose interpretation?

• 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
nolan is a huge fallout 3 fan but the other show runners sound like nepo babies who haven't really done much

JONATHAN NOLAN: It started for me with Fallout 3, which devoured about a year of my life. I was an aspiring young writer, at that point. It almost derailed my entire career. It's so ludicrously playable and fun. Seriously, the games are just incredible. It's such a rare thing and such an unbelievable thing, and I've gotten to do it twice in my career, to take something that you love and get a chance to play in that universe and to create your own version of that universe. The first go around for me was Batman and this time with Fallout, a series of games that I absolutely loved.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

My understanding for the show is there was some sort of war between BoS and NCR in the time period between New Vegas and this show (which is post FO4).

Not unreasonable to assume there have been some changes in terms of area control since New Vegas as a result

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
My understanding for the show is there was some sort of war between BoS and NCR in the time period between New Vegas and this show (which is post FO4).

Not unreasonable to assume there have been some changes in terms of area control since New Vegas as a result
4 years after FO4. East coast brotherhood probably went back west because there's not much left of the BoS on the west coast.

It's also likely that the FNV ending here would be House or Yes Man, since NCR really needed the water and power from Hoover Dam or they were going to suffer from decline. There's a lot of lines in the game, like the scientist who mentions there will be a severe famine in 10 years for thr NCR unless things change. Also, they needed Hoover Dam so badly but couldn't send enough troops because they were spread so thin.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm gonna give this a chance even with the girl power, because I'll be honest, that chick is the entire reason I sat through Mrs. Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. She's weirdly attractive to me, even with her too-big eyes.
ella-purnell-peculiar-children-quotes-pics.jpg

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
  • 5Worf
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If anyone can make Walton Goggins shit, it's someone with her accolades.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The other showrunner actually has some good writing/producing credits but interestingly they're all comedy (portlandia, silicon valley, the office).

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
nolan is a huge fallout 3 fan but the other show runners sound like nepo babies who haven't really done much

JONATHAN NOLAN: It started for me with Fallout 3, which devoured about a year of my life. I was an aspiring young writer, at that point. It almost derailed my entire career. It's so ludicrously playable and fun. Seriously, the games are just incredible. It's such a rare thing and such an unbelievable thing, and I've gotten to do it twice in my career, to take something that you love and get a chance to play in that universe and to create your own version of that universe. The first go around for me was Batman and this time with Fallout, a series of games that I absolutely loved.

He probably really played fallout nv but realized he could never write that well so is saying fallout 3

• 2Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I never played any of these games, but I'll get around to it. Its like I need to retire to just be able to catch up on all the ancient games I never tried.

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I never played any of these games, but I'll get around to it. Its like I need to retire to just be able to catch up on all the ancient games I never tried.
I plan to do many things once I win the lottery.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hes way overselling it and its cringed. FO3 had a universally panned ending at launch. Best part of it was the commie hating nuke throwing robot.

Also this is going to be awful. Its going to be yet another IP skinjob used to push some globohomo's political retardation.
GENEVA ROBERSTON-DWORET: What tied into the themes of Fallout is also what really drove us to want to adapt this with Jonah [Nolan]. We were really especially drawn to the social commentary inherent to the idea of these vaults. Graham is a citizen of Canada, I’m a dual citizen of the U.S. and New Zealand, and we often talk about how those are countries that are celebrated as these wonderful, peaceful utopias. And the reality is that not everywhere is like those countries. What would it mean if those countries were to open their borders and let everyone in and everyone could have a better life? They would change, right? We saw the vault as basically a mirror to that. What if we create a vault that is very peaceful and wonderful? But what does it mean that not everyone gets to live there, and people suffer on the surface?
ELLA PURNELL: Lucy is a vault dweller. What excited me about playing her is that she is so innocent and so naïve, and obviously very privileged, as well. It was exciting for me to start in that place. She’s essentially a newborn baby. She hasn’t had any real-life experiences. All she knows is what she was taught and what she’s read in books that she has in the vault. It’s limited. And then, you put her on the wasteland, and what happens with that? That was a really exciting place for me to start.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Not sure what your issue is with the Ella quote - that's accurate for Vault Dwellers. They have no clue wtf life in the Wasteland is like because they've lived in a comfortable vault all their life (presuming it was a control vault lol)