Fallout

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The gulpers in the show looked to be an Axotol or something, Far Harbor and FO76 had regular salamanders.

In FO76 the Westtek computers dive into some of the lore of the mutated animals. Gulpers were a proto-FEV experiment
I thought it was definitely based off Axolotl/salamander. I guess they banned the sale of those things in California the last few years?

Screenshot_20240419-132638.png

Screenshot_20240419-132756.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

its possible two unrelated mutations ended up being called the same thing colloquially.

Koala, and red pandas are not bears. giant pandas are very distantly related, but still considered bears.
huckleberries are often called blueberries, and are blue.. but are not blue berries. Cyanococcus.

We saw Vault 4 with a cali gulper.. was that pre or post war?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I thought they were subtly hinting that they created gulpers as part of the radiation projects. The fact the gulpers have human fingers inside their throats lends itself to that idea since we know Vault 4 was specifically blending radioactive resistant animals and humans.

Cybsled

Yup, that is the most likely case. They were trying to make human/animal hybrids, so it explains why it had human-like parts

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Other than the tranny and heavy handed use of degenerate race mixing couples, it was pretty decent.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Other than the tranny and heavy handed use of degenerate race mixing couples, it was pretty decent.

Show may actually be woke considering how blatantly they showed the archetype jew character rubbing his hands and smiling as he watched the interacial couple kissed

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Something about the direction of every fight scene is irksome. They are all just drawn out and everyone is just inept. Low stakes, no tension.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Something about the direction of every fight scene is irksome. They are all just drawn out and everyone is just inept.

That's what I meant by saying Nolan wasn't reined in enough. Specifically became apparent in Episode 2-- there was this sense of action fatigue.

Beyond that, the rest of the show played fine for back to back episodes. It'd make a lot better show if that action scene fatiguing trend doesn't carry into Season 2.

• 1Like

Homsar

Cooper/Ghoul fight scene in episode 2 was good. As much as I hate the actor/rapaport his characters brief scene was dumb or didn't make sense to me. Think him becoming a bitch and retard instantly the way he did was odd.

I liked Ghoul being OP and punking everyone throughout the season

Last edited:

Burns

Pipe wrench is a multi tool, everything is a hammer at some point. Ive used them on nuts if capable and my wrench was MIA/lost
Using the wrong tool for the job is how you strip nuts and make more work for yourself, instead of walking over to your tool box or driving to the store to get the right tool. A pipe wrench is at least 5th down the line on tools that should be used if you have absolutely no way to get or fix a socket wrench, an open ended wrench, a box end wrench, or a crescent wrench. After those "proper" tools you start down the line of progressively worse choices of wrenches that have progressively higher chances to fuck up the hardware.

Homsar

Did it even show her trying to tighten a nut? I just took it as a stupid resume commercial and everything looked like trash.

My biggest complaint would be opening the vault and no one having there Geiger readers on them

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Lefty loosey, rightie tightie

For some reason that one line with Friends has been embedded in my head for 30 years. It comes in very handy!

Cybsled

You're all also forgetting that wrench was manufactured over 200 years ago in the show. They can't exactly drive down to Super Duper Mart and buy some new wrenches lol

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Using the wrong tool for the job is how you strip nuts and make more work for yourself, instead of walking over to your tool box or driving to the store to get the right tool. A pipe wrench is at least 5th down the line on tools that should be used if you have absolutely no way to get or fix a socket wrench, an open ended wrench, a box end wrench, or a crescent wrench. After those "proper" tools you start down the line of progressively worse choices of wrenches that have progressively higher chances to fuck up the hardware.
If she used her mouth, would that have been the wrong tool?

Burns

You're all also forgetting that wrench was manufactured over 200 years ago in the show. They can't exactly drive down to Super Duper Mart and buy some new wrenches lol
I wasn't even talking about the show, but Homsar Homsar saying he uses a pipe wrench on nuts and bolts when he cant find (or is to lazy to get) one of the numerous better tools for the job.

Show/game wise, it's kinda ludicrous that anything would be functional after 200 years without having access to additional outside resources, but if we were going to hypothesize, an open ended wrench set would be easiest to repair/keep functional with a welder; hell you might be able to fabricate a set with a cutting torch and blacksmith tools. A pipe wrench on the other hand has more moving parts, making it a more valuable tool due to the extra difficulty to repair.