Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (2022)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Finally saw this and .... It's awful.

It doesn't even make any fucking sense. Like that whole plot is incredibly contrived to point where it shattered the concept of plausible deniability..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went to this with my fiancé and her friend. This prequel series continues to disappoint. It is quite the step-down from J K Rowling's Harry Potter series.

There are too many characters and none of them are any good. The plot seems low-stakes and a lot of it feels contrived.

Harry Potter is still a great universe, but they just missed the mark with this series. They should call it at this 3rd movie and go back to the drawing board in a few years.

spronk

FPS noob
1080p torrents with hardcoded korean subs have been out a few days, the movie should be on VOD and HBO Max on May 31st so may as well just wait 2 weeks for a proper rip

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw this on HBO Max last night and almost watched it... opted for the original Top Gun instead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah wouldn't recommend anyone watch this series, its all utter shit. Saw this finally while doing other stuff and its such a boring story. All I could think about was Monty Python, "strange baby animals lying in ponds bowing their heads at random strangers is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical zoo ceremony!" What a ludicrously stupid story.

movie ends in such a way that it seems like everyone knows the series is dead though, i doubt we'll ever have to suffer through another movie in this wretchedly bad series.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I ran a half marathon on the treadmill to this HORRIBLE movie.
Let's slay cute Bambi-kitten things in the first 10 minutes and then follow-it up with a hodge-podge movie that, among the plethora of characters thrown in for the ride, we get to find out for certain THAT DUMBLEDORE IS GAY and was fisting Grindlewald!

I needed that. WTF?

Only plus side is the movie was the perfect time for a half marathon (with credits). I don't know which was more painful.

Oh wait, I do-- the movie was.
1654545326209.png

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just watched this movie. It was horribly boring. I still really have no idea what it was about.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Just watched this movie. It was horribly boring. I still really have no idea what it was about.
It was about an evil wizard's plan to take over the wizarding world with the corpse of a re-animated fawn-kitten thing, so he can rule the wizarding world and kill all the muggles, while a rag-tag ensemble of maybe-good-maybe-traitors wizards with five fake suitcases fool everyone while keeping the one suitcase with the not-dead, live fawn-kitten thing hidden so that they can have the big reveal at the end where all the wizards of the world; the black, the white, the gay, the hispanic, etc., can all think they are voting the way the fawn-kitten bows, but then the real fawn-kitten thing bows to the hispanic chick and all the dumb-ass wizards of the world change their vote and the muggle and wizard worlds are saved.

And Dumbledore is a fag.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was actually a really good synopsis.

I put it on in the background, and the movie managed to make a very simple plot extraordinary convoluted. This movie seemed to just ignore the second one. The villain can see glimpses of the future so the solution is for the heroes to not even understand their own plan… the fuck?

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That was actually a really good synopsis.

I put it on in the background, and the movie managed to make a very simple plot extraordinary convoluted. This movie seemed to just ignore the second one. The villain can see glimpses of the future so the solution is for the heroes to not even understand their own plan… the fuck?

Yeah, Rick and Morty did it better, and funnier.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched the trilogy since it's on HBO max. They seem to dwindle in quality with 3 being the worst. At least Depp brought his typical flair to the Grindelwald character in ep 2. I typically like Mads Mikkelson, but being recast as Grindelwald for 3 made the character seem extremely flat and boring.

Can't really recommend it, unless you need some background noise while housecleaning.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally got around to seeing this, it was disappointing even with low expectations. The sad part is even with the terrible story and for the most part lacklustre characters, you can such an interesting world in there. The Potter universe is extremely interesting but is suffering the same fate as Star Wars…they can’t seem to know what to do with it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I finally got around to seeing this, it was disappointing even with low expectations. The sad part is even with the terrible story and for the most part lacklustre characters, you can such an interesting world in there. The Potter universe is extremely interesting but is suffering the same fate as Star Wars…they can’t seem to know what to do with it.
the answer to both problems is the same. the original series were great. time to let it go and think of something new. there are millions of writers out there just busting to share their ideas and concepts, why are we being held hostage to shit from decades ago?

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I made it about 10 or 15 min before falling asleep.

Boy, they really wanted to make sure there are no doubts that dumbledore is gay, gay, gay. Thats about all I got.

Is that all Hollywood has left? "like that other movie, but now with more GAY!" boooooring

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watched this for the entire purpose of seeing the Dumbledore/Grindelwald battle. About an hour in I'm thinking "okay, so they are going to fight at the nomination thing? That could be cool, big tall mystical mountain and shit", 20 minutes left and I'm realizing there will be no epic battle. This means I either have to watch another movie just for that scene, or they never film it because the movie sucked.

It's dumb because Newt is a fun character, his critters are awesome, Jude Law makes a good young Dumbledore, Mads is great, and the rest made zero sense. The animals/special effects in 2 were better, while being a shittier movie and incredibly boring.

Also, losing count of how many times dumbledore references his pole smoking was really just offputting

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I watched this for the entire purpose of seeing the Dumbledore/Grindelwald battle. About an hour in I'm thinking "okay, so they are going to fight at the nomination thing? That could be cool, big tall mystical mountain and shit", 20 minutes left and I'm realizing there will be no epic battle. This means I either have to watch another movie just for that scene, or they never film it because the movie sucked.

If memory serves the climactic battle between Dumbledore and Grindelwald was in 1945 and ended WW2 (which was a wizarding war as well as a conventional one)