Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (2022)

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Going off what my ex said JKR just let them use the rights to something she wrote in books. She said it's just like twilight was affiliated with 50 shades of black or whatever

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I feel like she wrote the entirety of the first or second one and now she has a co-writer because it was shit.
the first one felt more like Harry Potter than the rest of them, i would bet that she did the first FB and then just left it up to the other screenwriter and she has the option of approving it while the money dump truck is being backed into her driveway. honestly, i dont think she is even interested in the world she created anymore other than snagging an easy payday. which is fine, at least she finished all 7 books good or bad in 10 years. much more than i could say for that dipshit Martin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
She wrote the first 2 and that's why they don't feel like a movie written by a person who has ever written a script before, with their pacing much more book-like, if that makes sense. Word was she didn't let anyone edit her nonsense as she knew best.

The screen writer who is also credited on this is the guy who also adapted all but one of the Harry Potter books to film, so this one will ideally feel more like a movie and less like every idea an author had vomited onto a screen.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She wrote the first 2 and that's why they don't feel like a movie written by a person who has ever written a script before, with their pacing much more book-like, if that makes sense. Word was she didn't let anyone edit her nonsense as she knew best.

The screen writer who is also credited on this is the guy who also adapted all but one of the Harry Potter books to film, so this one will ideally feel more like a movie and less like every idea an author had vomited onto a screen.
that second movie was all over the place, i guess thats her writing style and her editors did a great job at reigning her shit in for the HP book series. also thanks to them we never got to read about Dumbledore chugging cocks in Harry Potter.

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats what happens when you try to turn a 100 page book on animals into a movie trilogy that no one asked for.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm

The studio announced the news in a statement, sharing that six seconds of the film was requested to be removed. The cuts take out direct references to character Albus Dumbledore's (Jude Law) romantic relationship with Gellert Grindelwald (Mads Mikkelsen).

• 1Pathetic

spronk

FPS noob
FUCK ME IN THE ASS GRINDIE

yeah thats about six seconds

sitting at 59% on RT which is honestly higher than I expected. FB2 was absolute garbage and is at 36%. FB3 is about the same on metacritic, 52/100 (FB2 is 49/100)

1649810869267.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
7.5 / 10 or so, really enjoyed this. I liked the first one, agree the second was very meh, but this movie was my favorite of the three so far, primarily due to it focusing much more on Dumbledore and Grindlewald. Jude Law is great as Dumbledore. Replacing Depp with Mads is obviously a plus and its too bad he wasn't in the last one for consistency. In the end this is a JK Rowling story where she's filling in some of the gaps on Dumbledore's history, and its interesting to learn them for the first time in the format of a solid movie. Compared to the Potter movies where you already knew the details of the story and it was just fun to see them brought to the big screen.

RT critics have it as 50%, but audience score is 84%. If you're a fan of the Potter world look at the latter number and see this.

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Woke trash. No fucking story. No point at all to this movie. Advanced zero only to make to never see another one. First two were good, this one is a victim of what we have allowed to permeate our culture. And no I give two shits about Dumbledore gayness, it's the hap hazard way they throw it in there, like an after thought as with every piece of woke trash on TV and Movies. It has nothing to do with the movie or character. Depp bowed out probably for this reason alone. 0/10 because I almost fell asleep during it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
7.5 / 10 or so, really enjoyed this. I liked the first one, agree the second was very meh, but this movie was my favorite of the three so far, primarily due to it focusing much more on Dumbledore and Grindlewald. Jude Law is great as Dumbledore. Replacing Depp with Mads is obviously a plus and its too bad he wasn't in the last one for consistency. In the end this is a JK Rowling story where she's filling in some of the gaps on Dumbledore's history, and its interesting to learn them for the first time in the format of a solid movie. Compared to the Potter movies where you already knew the details of the story and it was just fun to see them brought to the big screen.

RT critics have it as 50%, but audience score is 84%. If you're a fan of the Potter world look at the latter number and see this.

what is dumbledore's secret

is it that he sticks his wand up his ass and yells WINGUARDIA LEVIOSA

• 1Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The first movie was ok, the 2nd was boring, and this seems to be a complete cash grab with a paper thin story. Just ditch this shit already and make a Tom Riddle movie.

The best parts of the Half-Blood Prince were never filmed where you get the entire backstory to Voldemort starting from before he was even born. Usually when you get the backstory to the bad guy it's a letdown, but Rowling made everything fall into place so perfectly. He was the perfect storm of genealogy, circumstance, and makeup. Starting with the Gaunt family, his Hogwarts years, his rise to power, and the first wizarding war.. that would be a movie I would pay to see.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

did they explain how dumbles went from a 40 yr old man to a 100+ yr old man in 11 years?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
did they explain how dumbles went from a 40 yr old man to a 100+ yr old man in 11 years?
They probably spent about as much time explaining it as they did explaining how fast Professor X went from James McAvoy to Patrick Stewart.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The first movie was ok, the 2nd was boring, and this seems to be a complete cash grab with a paper thin story. Just ditch this shit already and make a Tom Riddle movie.

The best parts of the Half-Blood Prince were never filmed where you get the entire backstory to Voldemort starting from before he was even born. Usually when you get the backstory to the bad guy it's a letdown, but Rowling made everything fall into place so perfectly. He was the perfect storm of genealogy, circumstance, and makeup. Starting with the Gaunt family, his Hogwarts years, his rise to power, and the first wizarding war.. that would be a movie I would pay to see.
Riddle was born in 1926, this movie is set in 1932. no reason why they couldnt start his backstory yet. moaning myrtle dies in 1943 from the Basilisk.

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what is dumbledore's secret

is it that he sticks his wand up his ass and yells WINGUARDIA LEVIOSA
If you were serious about asking, it's not even the right Dumbledor, his brother had the secret that the emo kid is his son. Or the secret was he likes to suck off Grindlewald. Doesn't matter both plot lines are stupidly done and you end up not giving a shit about any of it. Lots of cringe like the Zombie Pokémon bowing in front of Grindlewald and no one thinks it's rigged as his first decloration as a man of pure heart is to declare war on the muggles, cringe all around

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Being a homo takes a toll. All that oppression is difficult to bear.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf