Fantastic Four

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I couldnt care less for this film but the fact that Dr. Doom is apparently a Woman and Johnny Storm is black I thought there should be a thread. Hopefully Peter Dinklage is a clipple that plays the Thing and Invisible woman is chinese.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Apparently rumor is the studio wants to cast a female Doom and a black man for Human Torch. Shrug, I'm all for trying new things and diversifying but let's not fuck up these characters for the sake of being different and appearing to be "up with the times". Jimmies semi rustled.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So what's Galactus then, a full Japanese Keanu Reeves in a purple costume going "nom nom"? Is his herald The Metallic Snowboarder?

Homsar

Jordan is a good actor but I would never change the IP of characters. Elba is awesome but watching Thor and him portraying the whitest of all all asgardians is just hilarious.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Jordan is a good actor but I would never change the IP of characters. Elba is awesome but watching Thor and him portraying the whitest of all all asgardians is just hilarious.
They are getting Jessica Elba to reprise her role as invisible girl?

weird.

Caliane

Fem doom is mostly fine.

The main issue is it hilariously changes a couple dynamics. Victors extreme vanity. progressive when its a man. But as a women.. not so much.
Then the Doom/Richards rivalry. Making Doom a WOMEN obsessed with beating a man who is smarter then her, Reed.. again.
if your plan was to encourage diversity, etc. congrats on making a female character that is a giant stereotype.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Making one of them black is forgivable, though ill advised. But Mrs. Dr. Doom? WTF?

Vaclav

Yea, wasn't it the 1950s or something when it came out? A female ultrawealthy doctor would've been more of a fantasy to most people (especially young men that comics were marketed exclusively towards) than the superpowers...

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Doom... a woman? No offense to Storm being black but come on. That just doesn't translate... why is it so much to ask to expect on the screen what is similarly in the comic. Who knows.. there's probably some "extreme" "ultimate" "amazing" whatever..... version they are pulling this from.