Fantastic Four

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
FF came out at the end of '61. Doctor Doom was introduced in the 5th issue, in '62. So I'm going to go with no, he's always been male.

Goatface

maybe his mom will show up
rrr_img_59472.jpg

Earth 2301
Black Panther's sister became Doom
rrr_img_59473.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i've said it b4, you can't have a black man playing a character with fire abilities, b/c everyone is gonna think "did he burn himself? did his powers go out of whack?" "oh nope, he's not char, he's black"

for a fire char, there's 2 ways to signify damage, they either get all melty, melty or they're burned to a crisp... black.

if they wanted to "black" someone up, they should have blacked up ben grimm, he's admittedly the worst of the 4, no one cares for him and once he becomes "the thing" skin color isn't even an issue! but he'll have had the origin of being a black guy.

is it so hard to see reed richards having a black guy for a best friend?

there's no way reed richards could have been black, they wouldn't want to deal with the whole inter-racial marriage thing.

hell even black panther married storm, somehow the only black king of the world decided to marry like 1 of 3 black women super heroes, and then he annulled the marriage, just cuz he could cuz he's king, like every black man's dream.

(i guess the only inter-racial marriage is luke cage and jessica, whatever the fuck she is, but that's a different marvel property)

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
So they are gonna sit around with a bunch of white people and the black guy is gonna get lit on fire?

Really?

/facepalm

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well the other natural fit for the black guy would be Thing and that really wouldn't sit well making him the most inhuman one who never really appears as a human.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least have Black Reed as the smartest man on the planet and Ben can call him Stretch.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Fat black Islamic gay transgender Ms. Doom, so that when the FF beat her, they repress every possible demographic.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
please dear lord no more islams or arabs in comic books, first it was saed from lost, and in a twist of irony they make him die like a suicide bomber saving ppl, then there's dust a mutant girl who wears that damn blanket and her mutant power is powerful sand... come on! the new green lantern is an arab, and i'm pretty sure he either tried to car bomb or made one, and now somehow ms marvel is now arab. at least give me some "decent" asian superheros no more of that "super kung fu" shit, what about a green lantern asian, or better yet, a yellow lantern, at least that'd be comical.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You're pretty wrong about the new Green Lantern. He stole a car - that happened to be - a bomb. At least get your racist tirades right.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Stealing a car bomb is much less offensive.

And we really don't need more asian superheroes. I can't take them seriously as tough guys. Like when they have girls kicking ass in movies, all I can think about is how unrealistic it is

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Black Reed with his white wife and her white brother makes more sense then a black human torch with his white sister.

A female Dr Doom would set women back 30 years if the movie was a hit. She would end up being motivated by hate for Invisible Women because she wanted Reed and lost out to Sue for him.

Thing is the character most open for a gender change. Start with a super hot female then morph them in full male looking thing version. Make the loss of beauty and the gain of immense physical power central to things character.

There is a reason that Hollywood constantly reuses the generic evil corporation led by white males over and over again as the standard villain in movies.