Fantastic Four

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Listened to most of the multi-part interview with Trank on Kevin Smith's podcast, and he's shilling away about the movie on there (since those were done a few weeks ago).

Pretty amusing.

After hearing how he got his start, and how he was just basically given the keys to the kingdom on the back of a viral video, I'm not totally surprised.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Josh Trank has cited the pressures of directing the "Star Wars" spinoff, following four years of work on "Fantastic Four," as the key reason for dropping out of the Disney-Lucasfilm project a month ago.
This POS film was being made in 2011?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Howard the Duck was better than Catwoman. Howard the Duck is at least so bad it's funny. Catwoman was so bad even making jokes about how one of the bad guys was Ryu from Street Fighter couldn't save it.
Hey.....you are being rude. Wasn't this fight very exciting?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This POS film was being made in 2011?
I have trouble believing Fox tapped him for a F4 reboot before Chronicle was even out. They literally would have been hiring a director who hadn't directed a single movie. And he didn't drop out of the Star Wars project, he was shit-canned for being such a trainwreck on the set of F4, and for his dogs causing 100k damage to a rental house.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
This trainwreck makes me excited for the day when the Marvel Execs walk into Fox's office and say, "Ok about those rights. Sony finally figured out it was better to work with us instead of against us. Let's talk deal."

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
I love how people think it's a big mystery why Fantastic Four movies keep sucking. It's because the comics sucked. True story. These are the most uninspired lazily-written superheroes with this level of exposure. Pure hackwork. I could construct a better team of superheroes with a box of crayons and 15 minutes.

I'll be here in another 5 years for the next shitty reboot of this franchise to drink in fanboys' salty tears. So it goes...

Troll_sl

shitlord
I generally agree.

The only two things that FF did right, imo, were the characters of Reed and Doom. Only when Reed is a supporting actor in another comic title, though. And Doom because Doom.

(Thing is okay... but his schtick got old a long time ago.)

Column_sl

shitlord
I love how people think it's a big mystery why Fantastic Four movies keep sucking. It's because the comics sucked. True story. These are the most uninspired lazily-written superheroes with this level of exposure. Pure hackwork. I could construct a better team of superheroes with a box of crayons and 15 minutes.

I'll be here in another 5 years for the next shitty reboot of this franchise to drink in fanboys' salty tears. So it goes...
Every nerd's a critic.Cool ,come back to me when you created something that has been in pop culture for over half a century. You have 15 min.

When you die no one will care that you existed, but I can guarantee they will Remember Jack Kirby, and Stan Lee.

Also the John Byrne FF run was epic.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Every nerd's a critic.Cool ,come back to me when you created something that has been in pop culture for over half a century. You have 15 min.

Also the John Byrne FF run was epic.
John Byrne's run on pretty much every Marvel Comic was epic.

Uncanny X-Men - Still considered the best era in their history with Claremont.
Fantastic Four
Alpha Flight

Moved to DC where he did Superman - Many of the changes he made to both Supes and villains like Lex Luthor are still used today.

Byrne is probably one of my favorite pencillers/writers of all time.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
why anyone is shocked this would suck needs to watch the first 2 F4 movies. the movies sucked even with Captain America, Michael Chilkis and Jessica Alba at her peak hotness starring in it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thing was vastly better in the Marvel Two-In-One books, where he wasn't weighed down by the rest of the Fantastic Four, and continuity wasn't really an issue since it was just a one-off with some random hero. One of my favorites was an annual, where the Champion held a boxing match with a bunch of the "bruiser" heroes. It was bullshit of course because Hulk got disqualified and so did Thor, but parts of it were cool, like Colossus being outclassed but still really trying hard, etc. Ben Grimm was always great in those books.

rrr_img_105954.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
Give it to Marvel, and you will change your tune, and have a real Villain.

Which is one of the main things people are complaining in the Marvel Movies right now.

Just because some Hacks did a shitty doesn't mean crap. I never in my wildest dreams thought anyone could do anything with the Avengers, or that the Avengers would be more popular then X-Men.
In the 90's no one bought those comics.

Column_sl

shitlord
LOL, that shit wasn't even released to fail. You are grabbing at straws.

Some suit saw that shit, and said hell fucking no.

Column_sl

shitlord
More like letting Roger Corman produce anything ends with failure and suckage....

Any more fan movies you want to share?

Fox is the only one making Hollywood movies for Fantastic Four, they rebooted it twice. Both times they were terrible.

The Premise is fine, it's the people making them that are the plebs. Give it to Marvel/Disney.