Fantastic Four

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
X2 is fucking great, still holds up fairly well, and the Nightcrawler scene is still a classic. X-Men 1 was pretty good at the time, but that movie hasn't aged well, especially the cringeworthy lines. X3 is total dogshit, as were the Wolverine movies. I thought First Class and DoFP were both fairly shitty. Too much fucking Mystique bullshit. They're saved by fucking amazing performances from Fassbender and McAvoy.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
In a world without the MCU, the X-men movies are pretty great. In reality, they're average to slightly above average (ignoring the many completely trashy ones that nobody argues against sucking complete shit).

Xevy

Log Wizard
X2 > DoFP > X1 > First Class > X3.

First class was a reboot and decent, but so much was lame. Beast's fucking 'super speed'. All the B-list recruits they had. Only Magneto was awesome. DoFP was decent, but honestly besides, once again, Magneto and the Quick Silver scene I can't remember much.

X2 was awesome because of the Wolverine scene in the house. He. Just. Kills. People. They didn't really murder people like that in X-1. It was great. I saw it at midnight and people were screaming and shit it was so awesome to see him go off.

The Wolverine movies are... different. If they didn't butcher Deadpool in it, I would've said the first Wolverine was better than X1. That's really the only thing I hated about it. Agent Zero shoots people, cool. Blob is big fat strong guy who can't get hurt, cool. Sabertooth was a badass ruthless killer. Cool. Gambit throws cards and staffs people. Cool. Deadpool is completely butchered. Terrible.

Wolverine 2 was okay, but needed more villains or....something.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Why wouldn't Ultimate universe count? The MCU uses the Ultimate universe as source material (eg the Chitauri). If the point of that image is to show how far FOX has strayed from the comics, then the same can't be said for Nick Fury. The comicswerehis source material and the MCU has stayed faithful to that, unlike FOX's versions of Deadpool and Silver Samurai.
Because a lot of the complaints about changes derive from Ultimate universe. Galactus Cloud, Metal Doom.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
X-men 2 was probably the best super hero movie ever made (not that that's really saying much). I liked the first Spider-Man movie, too.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've hated all the xmen movies for the most part besides nightcrawler and wolverine moments. Jackman, Ian, Stewart, Fassbender, MCavoy save the movies

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Because a lot of the complaints about changes derive from Ultimate universe. Galactus Cloud, Metal Doom.
metal doom also has goat hooves and is pretty strong
3040387-doom+reed+vs+frightful+4++(4).jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm suffering through the bootleg right now. A few thoughts:

- What a joyless piece of garbage. Other than the Human Torch, there's not one shred of personality displayed by anyone in the movie. These actors have done well in other movies, but in this one, it sounds like they are just reading lines, and they are expressionless.

- Plot was threadbare at best.

- You can tell where the studio took over from Trank. The first half of the movie goes fairly well.

- Special effects are not much better than the 80's FF movie. And there are reports the studio cut the budget a lot, hence the lack of action scenes.

- Who the hell wants to be cured of their superpowers?

On paper, with this cast and Director, this movie should have worked. This movie made Catwoman and Elektra look like Shakespeare.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can understand Ben not wanting to be a rock monster, but Sue wanting to be cured is pretty weird. I also think the movie would have been less of a trainwreck if they just let Trank see it through. It still would have been awful, but maybe it would have at least been as good as the 2005 one.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why would they skip to one year after they got their powers, instead of showing how they learned how to use them? One minute, they are in the bed, the next, it's a year later. Supposedly, budget drove that. They were supposed to show The Thing's solo mission where he jumps out of the plane (in the trailer), but scrapped that due to money.

How are you going to half ass a superhero team movie, in terms of special effects?

Why Fantastic Fours Massive Action Scene for The Thing Was Scrapped - IGN

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm suffering through the bootleg right now. A few thoughts:

- What a joyless piece of garbage. Other than the Human Torch, there's not one shred of personality displayed by anyone in the movie. These actors have done well in other movies, but in this one, it sounds like they are just reading lines, and they are expressionless.

- Plot was threadbare at best.

- You can tell where the studio took over from Trank. The first half of the movie goes fairly well.

- Special effects are not much better than the 80's FF movie. And there are reports the studio cut the budget a lot, hence the lack of action scenes.

- Who the hell wants to be cured of their superpowers?

On paper, with this cast and Director, this movie should have worked. This movie made Catwoman and Elektra look like Shakespeare.
ratner__121211212615-275x397.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Origin-less superhero movies are the way to go imo, just jump into awesome, instead of 50minutes of snore, like GoTG, ok, ok first 10minutes was like WTF "UP", then it's just action throughout.

did ppl really care about Drax's origin or Gamora's rival sisterly shit?

Nope, just fuck shit up, and leave all that origin shit for the prelude comics. (maybe keep it as a tradepaperback so it stays around longer on the shelves, instead of like a monthly floppy?)

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Origin-less superhero movies are the way to go imo, just jump into awesome, instead of 50minutes of snore, like GoTG, ok, ok first 10minutes was like WTF "UP", then it's just action throughout.
The opening of Avengers 2 was great. If you watched Agents of SHIELD then it was almost a flawless transition. I know they already got origins in their individual movies and A1 but that's how to open a movie. We will probably see quite a few new heroes in Cap3 but from what Marvel is saying they are done with origin movies. Though I don't know how you explain Dr Strange to the masses without and origin.