Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I started Pierce over Ridley so you can all rest assured Ridley will have a monster day and Pierce will go out of the game on his first carry.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ha i dunno.. I think it was a solid choice..

Anyone know plans for Bobby Rainey today? Vernon Davis looks like he might not play and I need a flex player.. my bench is short:-(

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think it would be likely that McGahee would get more carries than Rainey. I actually picked up both in one of my leagues as soon as I heard the news, but I have both sitting on the bench this week. No clue how the run game is going to work out.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish Vernon was going at 1 today so I would know.. I don't have much in depth after 1pm.. If Vernon plays I'd like to start him but man this 90 mins before game bs..

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just saw the McGahee will only have limited snaps today. Rainey is the primary back.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wish Vernon was going at 1 today so I would know.. I don't have much in depth after 1pm.. If Vernon plays I'd like to start him but man this 90 mins before game bs..
I am in the same boat, decided to bench Davis and put in Jordan Cameron.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Martellus Bennett or Coby Fleener?

Ugh I have 3 Bears on this team - Cutler, Forte, and Bennett. Thinking of picking up Phillip Rivers...

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am in the same boat, decided to bench Davis and put in Jordan Cameron.
I'm going to just hope for the best. Everything he has said makes me think he will play.. I think this might just be the coach being a dick..

I'd go Bennett

I love Nicks lol

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
btw.. I'm going to not start Rainey lol but I have a feeling he's going to have a solid game.. Just a little research and he's a ray rice type player. Just not as that level. Looking forward to seeing what he does. Vernon better play!! lol

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So my flex slot choice was either Hilton(1), Powell(15), or Shorts(17).

Guess which one I played=/

Not that it matters. In my money league I am fantasy Kryptonite. My opponents each week have had the lowest scores of the week by a huge margin and unless McFadden and Forte go absolutely bonkers it will happen again this week. I've had the highest(depending on Peyton tomorrow).

Last season I had highest score and lowest opponent score total. Shit's weird. Been stupid lucky.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Right there with you, but I had Hilton, Shorts, and Gordon to pick from. I chose poorly.

1371653736357.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
well every year there is one or 2 off fantasy weeks for a lot of players. this kind of felt like it just by looking at all the low scores in my league.

Brandon Bolden the pu of the week?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
well every year there is one or 2 off fantasy weeks for a lot of players. this kind of felt like it just by looking at all the low scores in my league.
Another factor is across the league, rushing stats are down, a lot. RB scores just aren't what they have been in years back.

I'm almost starting to think in PPR you should start trying to find a 3rd WR rather than a 3rd RB as your first choice for a flex spot if the trend continues.

John Clayton_sl said:
The NFL's ground game has slowed to a crawl during the first two weeks of the season. Teams are averaging only 98.6 rushing yards per game. Injuries will probably further complicate the situation this week. The Atlanta Falcons thought Steven Jackson was the missing piece in their offense, and now he's going to be missing for 2-3 weeks because of a hamstring injury. The Falcons face a Miami Dolphins team averaging 60.5 rushing yards a game and a meager 2.4 yards a carry. The Baltimore Ravens are holding their breath to see if Ray Rice will be able to face the Houston Texans despite a hip flexor injury he sustained last week. Even if he plays, he probably won't have a large impact on the game. Reggie Bush has taken two hits to his knees in two weeks but hopes to play Sunday against the Washington Redskins. The Packers' Eddie Lacy is probably going to miss Sunday's game against the Bengals with a concussion. Jacksonville's Maurice Jones-Drew suffered a sprained ankle last week but thinks he will play against Seattle, and Arizona's Rashard Mendenhall is hoping to suit up against New Orleans despite a hamstring injury.