Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Down by less than 3 with Tony Gonzalez. He has Vernon Davis. Not liking my chances, but stranger things have happened.

Russell Wilson and Megatron fucked me something fierce today.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have one championship game locked up. Dalton, D. Thomas, and Bill D killed it for me. The only reason I'm in another game is because Wilson sucked so hard. If Chicago offense (Marshall and Jefferery) keeps sucking, I'll win two championships this year!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Brees scored me 13, while The Ginger scored 39 riding my bench.... Cost me the the championship.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok, no more McCoy please, he is outscoring Foles and Jackson combined, this might cost me my game.

Down 2 points with Davis vs 9ers kicker, going to be close.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ugh. Sorry for any of you I suggested play Davis.

On the bright side Kaepernick didn't put up 80some points so I won my league!

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played him on my own but didn't think it would be that bad. Grats on your win though. Looks like I'll be forking over 250 and mowing the neighbors lawn till next season...fuck!!

jeydax

Death and Taxes
I ended up winning my league despite Wilson taking a dump and Boldin trying to help my opponent make a come back.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Okay, so I need some advice for the 2014 season. For the first time in our league, we are going to have keepers. Each team gets to keep one player from their team but whichever round said player was drafted in last year, you lose that rounds draft pick. Keepers will be blind (meaning I won't know which players other teams kept) and have to be submitted before we know our draft order.

I have Adrian Peterson, so common wisdom would say just keep him and give up my first round pick. However, I also have Eddie Lacy who I would have to give up just my 5th round pick to keep. He was only 2 total points behind AP last year despite playing two less games. My thought is that I keep Lacy (who should be 1st round level talent next year) and gamble on being one the few people who still has a 1st round pick to grab AP again, and if I miss out on AP I still have Eddie Lacy nailing down my RB1 slot and a chance to get another 1st round caliber player.

Am I overthinking this and should just keep AP, or should I try to extract maximum value out of my keeper by keeping Lacy?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, looking over the rosters I think there are at least 5 teams who will be dropping a 1st round caliber player just based on either/or choices. There are another couple of teams who I know took players in the last round or picked up IR guys (who count as their very last pick) with the express purpose of using them as their keepers. So I think there will be plenty of 1st round caliber talent on the board even if I miss out on redrafting AP.

I don't have to decide till right before the draft, but my wheels are already turning...