Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Picking keepers. Keeping P. Manning as QB and looking at two of the following three:

C.J. Spiller, Arian Foster, Dez Bryant.

Leaning towards Foster/Bryant. Very standard type of traditional scoring league.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
First GIS for 'suck money [sic] balls'

Paris_Hilton_Cash_Money_Records.jpg

Anyway, my advice is to pick as many Chiefs players as possible. Good luck!

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
What the fuck do you mean keepers? You are in a keeper league and somehow those players are available? Also why the fuck would you "keeper" Payton he has maybe 3 years left at best. Also Dez Bryant is a glass cannon bitch, Arian Foster will be good for 5-6 probably, CJ spiller would be the best of those but they aren't really valued the same now.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I get to choose three players from last season's team to keep for this year. Everyone else does the same and the draft is made up of whoever is left over after everyone selects their three keepers. Manning is easily the best option I have at QB, and for this year at least he should post similar or better numbers especially if Welker is productive. As you can imagine, everyone with an elite level QB is going to keep them, so its a lot harder to replace Manning no matter where my first pick is than it is to pick up a RB or WR.

Do you really not get how keeper leagues work? Your post made no sense. They are available for me to keep because I had them last year. I don't give a fuck how many years they have left, I only care about this season. I'll pick up players in the draft and through the year who are young with potential high ceilings and then decide who to keep and drop again next year at this time.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm back and forth between Spiller and Bryant. Think I would go Bryant personally

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'd keep Spiller...in a normal draft, him, Foster, and Manning are going in the first round this year and Bryant is going in the 2nd or 3rd.
Ok, after looking...maybe Spiller would fall to the 2nd in a 12 team league, but I still see him going much earlier than Bryant.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
With such a pass happy league and Bryant having an awesome second half last year, no drama this off season? if he remains focused he could be the best WR this year easily.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I'm in a 3 player keeper (not required to keep 3 if you do not want to) 12 team league, with snake drafting rules. We can trade for draft picks. I'm trying to choose between Cruz or Cobb as the final keeper selection. If I were to try to trade away who I do not keep, what kind of draft pick value should I aim for in trading away the either of them?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Find it hard to want to keep anyone on the Packers, outside of Mr Rodgers. They move the ball around so much Cobb will make points but inconstantly.

Fadaar

That guy
Find it hard to want to keep anyone on the Packers, outside of Mr Rodgers. They move the ball around so much Cobb will make points but inconstantly.
Same could be said for anyone on the Saints and Patriots outside of the star TE on either team, at least when Gronk isn't out partying himself to death. Brady and Brees are the only predictable thing in those offenses too.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Picking keepers. Keeping P. Manning as QB and looking at two of the following three:

C.J. Spiller, Arian Foster, Dez Bryant.

Leaning towards Foster/Bryant. Very standard type of traditional scoring league.
Keep Foster and Spiller. RB is shallow this year, and WR is deep.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm in a 3 player keeper (not required to keep 3 if you do not want to) 12 team league, with snake drafting rules. We can trade for draft picks. I'm trying to choose between Cruz or Cobb as the final keeper selection. If I were to try to trade away who I do not keep, what kind of draft pick value should I aim for in trading away the either of them?
I think I'd be happy with mid to late first round selections for them. I can't see either being a top five fantasy player really.

Same could be said for anyone on the Saints and Patriots outside of the star TE on either team, at least when Gronk isn't out partying himself to death. Brady and Brees are the only predictable thing in those offenses too.
And with Gronk's health status I'd hardly even put him at the top of my TE list. But yeah, all three of those teams its really the QB and that's it for top fantasy production. I can see taking some of their other players for depth and in deep leagues, but not as a keeper. I'd go for some trade value in the draft since its an option.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Keep Foster and Spiller. RB is shallow this year, and WR is deep.
Yeah, I think I might just do that. I'm also concerned about Bryant's durability and I'm thinking he might be streaky with teams scheming to shut him down and make Romo try to beat them without his best weapon.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
What exactly do the Bills have as a weapon outside of spiller?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uh, you don't just shut down a feature back the same way as you double team a WR? He's going to get a ton of carries. WR is always easier to plug in on the fly and have success than RB/QB. What weapons do the Vikes have? Yet would you rather have AP or a top WR? Maybe Calvin Johnson, but that's it. Spiller will get a ton of carries and get some check down receptions and he doesn't have a very strong handcuff or goal line vulture situation. I'm actually more concerned about Foster/Tate in that regard. Plus the Bill's strength of schedule versus run defenses isn't that bad.

Spiller matched up with AP in YPC last season and they have a miserable QB situation so they will need to lean on the running game to protect whoever starts.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm pretty sure I made it to the championship in one of the FoH leagues after I picked up Spiller. Originally had Jackson but when he got hurt (as he does every year), Spiller went fucking off.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I love it when people in my league forget people on shitty teams score fantasy points too.
Seriously. I was trying to think of which, if any, teams had literally not a single fantasy producer, even counting kickers and defense. Closest one I think for last season would be the Jets.