Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brees better pick it up at some point. I dont give a shit if its raining, if so he is a fucking pussy.
I started Brees and Sproles over Vick and Garcon and thought I was toast but Lynch rose up and saved that team. Going to be tough to decide on that Brees/Vick going forward though.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started Brees and Sproles over Vick and Garcon and thought I was toast but Lynch rose up and saved that team. Going to be tough to decide on that Brees/Vick going forward though.
Try and trade Vick to upgrade at another spot. He will eventually get hurt.

Think I may of talked a guy into trading me Richerson for J. Thomas. Just sucks tho because i have V. Davis and he got hurt last night..

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Try and trade Vick to upgrade at another spot. He will eventually get hurt.

Think I may of talked a guy into trading me Richerson for J. Thomas. Just sucks tho because i have V. Davis and he got hurt last night..
Well he was unclaimed in the draft and I got him after week one because I actually had no backup QB. That's an option, maybe I'll put him on the block and see what happens. QB's to fill in on a bye aren't too hard to find and I'm sure Brees will have plenty of big games.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brees has 1 or 2 bad fantasy games a year and that is it lol. He will bounce back big time.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Should I be trying to unload Ridley? In a standard scoring league, I've won the past 2 weeks but he's seriously put up like 6 points across both weeks.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does he have value? I'd say its a buyers market right now. Maybe wait and see if he has a break out game and then try to deal him?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So I ended up with a terrible fantasy week this week. I'm going to end up with the lowest points total scored by one of my teams in years and I think 90% of the advice I tried to divvy out this week ended up being dead wrong (my apologies).

I am really glad I decided not to keep a backup QB or TE to start the season. Between Wilson fumbling away his job and Vereen and Lacy going down to injury I could be in real trouble if I didn't have a deep bench capable of filling in my flex spot. Still, I need to find a good RB sleeper floating around on the waiver wire to bolster my bench or I will be in trouble once bye weeks hit. Any ideas? (I would also explore a trade option, but everyone in my league is trade-adverse)

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does he have value? I'd say its a buyers market right now. Maybe wait and see if he has a break out game and then try to deal him?
That was my thought I'm just concerned he's going to continue to be worthless and then I won't be able to get rid of him, like when Vereen comes back.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I ended up with a terrible fantasy week this week. I'm going to end up with the lowest points total scored by one of my teams in years and I think 90% of the advice I tried to divvy out this week ended up being dead wrong (my apologies).

I am really glad I decided not to keep a backup QB or TE to start the season. Between Wilson fumbling away his job and Vereen and Lacy going down to injury I could be in real trouble if I didn't have a deep bench capable of filling in my flex spot. Still, I need to find a good RB sleeper floating around on the waiver wire to bolster my bench or I will be in trouble once bye weeks hit. Any ideas? (I would also explore a trade option, but everyone in my league is trade-adverse)
Pretty much only lacking a RB at this point. I have so many backups:-( Right now I'm just hoping someone gets hurt. I know the colts are looking to trade for a RB so try and stay on top of that. Maybe try and make a deal for a guy like Tate?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
R. Wilson and P. Rivers are both FA in my league. I currently have T. Pryor and M. Schaub.
Should I try and get Wilson or Rivers and dump pryor?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I personally don't carry a backup QB at all. Not that hard to find a serviceable starter at the QB position on the waiver wire when you are on bye and it allows you to stash some more RB/WR options.

I have colin kapaernick vs colts and Vick vs Chiefs. After Seattle crushed the 49'ers I'm a little wary about playing Colin. I'm siding with Vick any thoughts?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Well, Pryor did manage to run all over that Indy defense and Kaep is playing at home, and so far KC is the top ranked D against opposing QB's. But right now I'd have a hard time not starting Vick. #3 ranked QB overall in standard scoring and the only way Philly has a chance of winning any games is if that offense continues to roll. Philly is going to be in shootouts all season long and with the way Chip Kelly is running that offense they are going to continue to run a huge number of plays which increases Vick's scoring possibility by sheer quantity of chances.

Basically unless you think that Kelly's offense is unsustainable and/or you think Vick is going to end up hurt, I think you keep running him out there like you would any other stud QB.

(Personally, I think that offense bogs down as the season goes on due to conditioning/injury and defensive coordinators getting tape, and I would look to package Vick in a blockbuster trade basically selling while his value is high).

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
You have to ride Vick while you can. It is inevitable that he will be injured by week 10, but before that I think he is a must start.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
James Stark would be a good pu.. I tried to get him but a guy with a sucky team beat me to it

I still can't decide if I should trade Julius Thomas for Richardson. Thomas has been my flex guy and has done great so far. Way more fantasy point than Richardson. For my RB I'm stuck starting J. Rodgers since Jackson went down.. If I had one more guy that could move into that flex spot...

opiate82

Bronze Squire
That offer is still on the table and you haven't taken it...?

STOP comparing the two guys, you cannot look at it like that. You have to look at it this way, is your line-up better with J. Thomas and J. Rodgers or is it better with T. Richardson and ?

Also, if you are stuck with starting a TE in your flex spot, you are in trouble. It might have worked so far, but that is the exception not the rule. TE's just simply are not consistent fantasy producers. There are maybe 2 guys who can actually fill that roll and one of them in Gronk who has been hurt. Historically TE should barely be a priority over D/ST and Kicker on your fantasy roster.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Debating 2 spots this week. TE, Vernon Davis (worried about that hammy acting up) or Jordan Cameron? RB/WR spot, Darren Sproles RB, Emmanuel Sanders WR or DeAngelo Williams RB. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.