Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Debating 2 spots this week. TE, Vernon Davis (worried about that hammy acting up) or Jordan Cameron? RB/WR spot, Darren Sproles RB, Emmanuel Sanders WR or DeAngelo Williams RB. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Standard scoring or PPR?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Everything I am reading says Davis starts. I am all in on Cameron this season... but I also don't carry 2 TE's (you should consider this next year). Indy is ranked dead last against the TE this season, I probably start Davis if I were you.

For your flex, I start Sproles. I like starting a RB in my flex, especially in standard, Carolina's offense is stumbling and Bush showed (before he got hurt) that Arizona is vulnerable to the short passing game which increases Sproles' value.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That offer is still on the table and you haven't taken it...?

STOP comparing the two guys, you cannot look at it like that. You have to look at it this way, is your line-up better with J. Thomas and J. Rodgers or is it better with T. Richardson and ?

Also, if you are stuck with starting a TE in your flex spot, you are in trouble. It might have worked so far, but that is the exception not the rule. TE's just simply are not consistent fantasy producers. There are maybe 2 guys who can actually fill that roll and one of them in Gronk who has been hurt. Historically TE should barely be a priority over D/ST and Kicker on your fantasy roster.
I know this is solid advice but my problem is I see Thomas having the type of year of a top 2 TE.. He had 9 targets last game with Manning.. That's a lot of balls. I'm going to try and make the trade anyway b/c in the end Richardson should start doing something.. I hope.. He just hasn't produced at all at this point which worries me. What good is he if the guy I'm trading him for outproduces him each week? That's the part I can't resolve with myself.. Basically would you make that deal if it were Jimmy Graham?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
You cannot compare point production across positions like that. Look at how the trade effects the entirety of your lineup. What kind of advantage point wise are you gaining at RB, and what kind of point advantage are you giving up at TE?

And yes, I still make the deal if I have Graham (and have what you do at RB currently). I stand to gain more by having Richardson and a replacement level TE then I would keeping Graham (or Thomas) and playing a replacement level RB.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Everything I am reading says Davis starts. I am all in on Cameron this season... but I also don't carry 2 TE's (you should consider this next year). Indy is ranked dead last against the TE this season, I probably start Davis if I were you.

For your flex, I start Sproles. I like starting a RB in my flex, especially in standard, Carolina's offense is stumbling and Bush showed (before he got hurt) that Arizona is vulnerable to the short passing game which increases Sproles' value.
I just picked up Cameron today in fear of Davis getting hurt. I agree with everything you said as I have both Davis and Sproles starting right now, I guess I needed someone to reassure me of my decision, thanks.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Cameron was available on waivers? That surprises me, try to trade whichever one of the two has a big week to strengthen your RB or WR depth, as I don't think either one of the two TE's will be that far apart at the end of the year.

Also, don't thank me yet, did you see my track record for predictions last week?
wink.png

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cameron was available on waivers? That surprises me, try to trade whichever one of the two has a big week to strengthen your RB or WR depth, as I don't think either one of the two TE's will be that far apart at the end of the year.

Also, don't thank me yet, did you see my track record for predictions last week?
wink.png
Cameron was dropped an hour before I picked him up in fear of the hammy on Davis. As far as my RB's I have Morris, Charles and Sproles starting so I am good there. WR wise I have D Jackson and Cobb so I am set there too, at least for the time being that is.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Richardson to Indy? Lol oh well.. For its worth I texted him yesterday about the trade and he never repsonded

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're in a deep (like 16 team or something) league and want to take a flyer on depth at RB you might want to look at Bobby Rainey now that the Browns dumped Richardson.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you just went with the hot hand you would have to go Royal.. But I'm playing him so I hope he comes back down to earth. Colston is the better player tho

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
hell yea! RG3 needs a huge game and I bet he gets it. I hope.. I have him too..

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
PPR league, need to start 2 out of these 3 RB's.

- Spiller
- CJ2k
- Sproles

Advice? Been starting Spiller and Sproles and putting CJ on the bench, but I kinda like the Titans matchup this week at home against the Chargers. NO is at home against AZ and Bills on road against Jets. Thinking maybe Sproles and CJ2k, and bench Spiller?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Sproles is a no-brainer start in PPR this week. I think you are getting to cute on Spiller, he is your stud (most likely) first round pick, play him like one. It's not like CJ is lighting the world on fire. Chargers D has been tougher against the run than the numbers are showing.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Alex Smith or RGKnee? Standard scoring league.

RG has been good with garbage time stats but he hasn't exactly been putting up crazy numbers.