Fantasy Football: 2015 Advice Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's like Gronk level automatic in the redzone. But he's likely gonna have Jameis Winston throwing the ball instead of Peypey so who the fuck knows.

Mike Evans got overshadows by ODB, but on a per-play basis he was actually the bigger producer. And he did it with Josh McCown and Mike Glennon(poor bastard can't catch a break) throwing him the ball. So he's gonna demand the other team's top cover guy. Should leave Thomas with some good looks.

As good as Alshon Jerrery looked last year he's pretty inconsistent. He had a bunch of touchdowns down the stretch, but that was a little flukey and really inflated his numbers. I'd lean towards Thomas but it's not by much.

Fadaar

That guy
He's like Gronk level automatic in the redzone. But he's likely gonna have Jameis Winston throwing the ball instead of Peypey so who the fuck knows.

Mike Evans got overshadows by ODB, but on a per-play basis he was actually the bigger producer. And he did it with Josh McCown and Mike Glennon(poor bastard can't catch a break) throwing him the ball. So he's gonna demand the other team's top cover guy. Should leave Thomas with some good looks.

As good as Alshon Jerrery looked last year he's pretty inconsistent. He had a bunch of touchdowns down the stretch, but that was a little flukey and really inflated his numbers. I'd lean towards Thomas but it's not by much.
Grim.... Jacksonville and Tampa are not the same city. Everything you said was for the Bucs, not the Jags.
smile.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grim.... Jacksonville and Tampa are not the same city. Everything you said was for the Bucs, not the Jags.
smile.png
Jesus Fucking Christ. Picking up right where I left off last season!

Why the fuck did I think he went to the Bucs? My brain is stupid.

Sooo...Blake Bortles? Fuck...man...go Alshon Jerryrerry.

Honestly if Henne ends up with the job somehow I'd still lean Thomas I think. Whatever, when is Brad Johnson coming back?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'm trying to decide on my keeper as well. In my league (PPR) your keeper pick takes up whatever draft slot you picked him in last year. We also don't know the draft order until after our keeper selections are in. So my choices are:

Jimmy Graham: First Round
Andrew Luck: Third Round
Sammy Watkins: Ninth Round
Kelvin Benjamin: Final Round

I'm thinking I'm not keeping Graham just in case I do end up with a top 3 pick, plus I'm thinking his production goes down in the Seattle offense. I like Luck in the third round, that is probably the safe move. I love the potential value of either Watkins or Benjamin though...

*edit: Oh, I can also keep C.J. Anderson as my final round pick. I think I have to go that way.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Here's the problem. TE production is hard to come by. Even if his production goes down a little bit, he's still going to be one of the best producing players in that position.

Luck at 3rd though is a really good option too. I'd still probably stick with Graham though.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you dont have Gronk, TE is just a gamble now. Id stick with Luck. Him and Rodgers will be the top 2 QBs for the next few years.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah on his list I would clearly not choose Graham. I'd probably choose Luck myself, but it's not super obvious. There are very good players in the 3rd round and Watkins/Benjamin might be a good bit higher than 9th round or whatever unless your league is like 8 teams.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I don't see how it is not CJ Anderson. He was the #1 scoring running back from week 12 on (when he got the starting job). I'm fairly certain he is easily a top-10 back this year and I get him in the 14th round. That value is way too good to pass up.

I mean, I think Luck has pretty good value in the 3rd round but that is pretty close to where I'd slot him. Anderson would be slotted as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick and RB isn't very deep this year...

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
thanks for the link Grim.

Any of you guys draft yet? Curious where Gronk has been going?

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
I haven't yet. I try to schedule mine after preseason week 3 or 4, since I know someone is always gonna tear their ACL or something.

FWIW, ESPN's guys have him ranked 10-12, with one outlier at 20.

Fadaar

That guy
Only two leagues I'm in are drafting the 5th and 7th, both after preseason is over. Really the only way to do it.