Fantasy Football: 2015 Advice Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I think unless there is collusion (which can be tough to prove) or someone who has obviously just given up and doesn't care what happens, trades shouldn't get vetoed. So what if a trade is lopsided? People should be allowed to make mistakes and take advantage of those who make mistakes.

Sterling

El Presidente
Why would that trade get vetoed? People should be allowed to make shitty trades, vetoes should be for preventing collusion.

Fadaar

That guy
So in my 10 man work league I got AP, D Murray, and McCoy. I don't know if that's a good thing or not considering baby Jesus hates me in fantasy so all three are likely to get hurt.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone think Jarryd Hayne becomes a fantasy commodity? In one way I can see him being a serviceable punt returner and maybe accumulate 600 yards from scrimmage, but in another I can see him breaking out and gaining over 1000 yards from scrimmage and having RB2 value. Am I crazy?

slowstang_sl

shitlord
I don't typically follow football this is my first year playing fantasy but this is my current team with 7 other players from my work. What do you think?

rrr_img_109554.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gronk and Luck are cash. Bell will be cash when he's back. Rest of the team is a pretty huge dice roll for only an 8 man league. McCoyshouldwork out as a quality RB2 once Bell is back though. Rex backs tend to get work.

Not abadteam, but not as stacked as one could hope for in an 8 team league. Still, if guys like Gordon and Watkins pan out like people hope you could go on a roll.

slowstang_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the reply.

I went in to the draft knowing nothing about football was able to trade Cobb for Bell with is 2 game suspension even though other league members weren't happy with the trade. I ended up auto drafting after around the 6th round of drafting because I didn't know anything and got a lot of injured players.

Sterling

El Presidente
Should probably have drafted another RB/WR instead of Brees. 2nd QB is generally not worth a roster slot and with only 8 people you'll be able to grab someone when Luck is on bye. It's probably a mid round pick so you could have gotten someone that you can plug in and be productive. Same general idea with tight ends too unless you do something like draft both Gronk and Graham and flex one and just trainwreck your whole league at that position.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Anyone think Jarryd Hayne becomes a fantasy commodity? In one way I can see him being a serviceable punt returner and maybe accumulate 600 yards from scrimmage, but in another I can see him breaking out and gaining over 1000 yards from scrimmage and having RB2 value. Am I crazy?
Yes, you are crazy. From what the special teams coach has said, I'm not even sure Hayne will be the main punt returner, much less getting enough touches at RB to coming close to fantasy relevance. He's working with the scout team this week which usually isn't indicative of someone who they plan on having active come Sunday (or this week, Monday).

"Everybody's flying the Hayne Plane right now," McGaughey said. "But if you look at who led our team in punt returns in the preseason, it wasn't Jarryd Hayne; it was DeAndrew White."

Hayne averaged 18.1 yards on nine punt returns while White averaged 22.8 on four returns.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Need help on my flex slot, bros.

I have Gore, Hilton, and Hopkins. I'm leaning away from Gore, because the Bills are at home, gave up like the 3rd least FP to RBs last season, and Gore probably won't see more than 15-18 carries. However, I don't see Hilton getting as many targets as last year with Johnson on the other side of the field. Hopkins is an option because Sean Smith (KCs top CB) is suspended, but I'm just not sure I believe in Houston's offense.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My league has points for return yards (as well as PPR), and I started Tyler Lockett over Vincent Jackson and just got rewarded with a 57 yard return TD. Feels good.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How much should I be worried about Forsett and/or Baltimore's offensive line?
I had Forsett in and Sankey on my bench =(. I'm still going to give it probably 1-2 more weeks before I consider trading out Forsett though, unless I get a real nice offer.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Wasn't impressed at all with Cam Newton this weekend. 12pts against Jacksonville? I didn't draft him high at all (12th rd) so not like I have a lot invested in him. Am I crazy for thinking of dumping him for Carson Palmer?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wasn't impressed at all with Cam Newton this weekend. 12pts against Jacksonville? I didn't draft him high at all (12th rd) so not like I have a lot invested in him. Am I crazy for thinking of dumping him for Carson Palmer?
I think you'd be crazy not to. Cam has nobody to throw the ball to

Fadaar

That guy
Money league I'm in I drafted Palmer in the 13th round of a 12 team league. I won't regret that decision until he inevitably gets hurt halfway through the season.