Fantasy Football: 2015 Advice Thread

Sterling

El Presidente
That's a risky trade. Was this an auction league? How did you get Bell and Mccoy? Depending on how bad your receivers are, this seems like you're giving up a consistent set of RBs for a mediocre RB, and 2 young unproven guys. Maybe the ceiling is a little higher, but the floor is a lot lower that's for certain. Unless the rest of your team is hot garbage I don't think it's worth the risk.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
You also were about to perform a horrible, horrible trade that got veto'ed.

Don't listen to Itlan.
I hardly think shipping off a useless Victor Cruz, Jets-Brandon Marshall, and A.J. Green for Antonio Brown and Watkins is "horrible, horrible."

But then again what do I know, I've only won the previous 2 years. And you know nothing about the rest of my team and depth.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hardly think shipping off a useless Victor Cruz, Jets-Brandon Marshall, and A.J. Green for Antonio Brown and Watkins is "horrible, horrible."

But then again what do I know, I've only won the previous 2 years. And you know nothing about the rest of my team and depth.
That's a reasonable trade compared to this insanity for sure.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
CardsBros. Is Michael Floyd done for being a significant player, and is Darren Fells a legitimate TE that is not only taking Floyd's targets, but skilled enough to become a Gronk/Graham type? He certainly has the measurables.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watched the Cards game. John Brown should be a good receiver this year, and I'd take him over both Fitz and Floyd.

As for Fells, he literally is the fattest, slowest tight end I've ever seen. Yet he kept getting fucking passes. I don't get it.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Pick one:

John Brown
James Jones
Blount
Sankey
Roddy White
Sammy Watkins

Fucking flex
I'm going with Sankey as the safe pick, John Brown as the upside pick. Personally I'd play Sankey but I like getting RB's into the flex whenever possible.

Also just a note to everyone, helps give advice if at the very least you tell us if you are PPR or not.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sankey was complete shit last year and now we're playing him over Brown and Jones?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Sankey was complete shit last year and now we're playing him over Brown and Jones?
Sankey vs the Browns

I wouldn't blame him for playing Brown, I did say I think there is higher upside there, but of that list of players I'm playing Sankey.

James Jones is playing against Seattle with a chip on their shoulder who have done a great job of shutting down A. Rod in the Pete Carroll era.

*edit: If we are going on last year let's not pretend that Brown lit the world on fire. From week 9 on he averaged just 7.9pt per game in PPR, only breaking double digits twice. His QB situation didn't help, but neither did Sankey's.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Keep, Trade or Drop Dez Bryant?
I'm in the trade or drop camp (unless your league has an IR slot to stash him on). Too many question marks on his time-table to return to waste a bench slot on him.

If you are trying to trade him, your best bet is to use him to sweeten the pot on a blockbuster deal imo. Won't get much straight across for him unless you have some Cowboy homers in your league.

*edit: You do have up until the bye weeks start to keep him stashed waiting for news and/or the right deal, but after that I'd want to have the bench slot available for active players unless he is obviously ahead of schedule.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah IR slot is good if you have one, but I agree unless your bench is deep. I mean if you have a shitload of bench slots it's fine, but if it's only like 5 then having him sit for 2 months would suck.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Peyton Manning against the Chiefs this week or Ryan Tannehill against the Jags? Both are away games.
Last year, Tannehill @JAC- 14.6pts. Manning @KC- 12.6pts

Personally I was staying away from P. Manning this year because I'm worried that he is done and would rather write him off (fantasy wise) one year too early rather than one year too late. I'm also not usually a fan of guys on a short week. On the flip side, Jacksonville is actually playing improved football in the secondary and actually is the worse matchup.

I think if I have Manning on my roster (which I wouldn't have) I wouldn't overreact to one week and would have to play him.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've got Manning in, kind of tempting to swap him for Cam Newton, but Newton wasn't all that either last week. Still, at least if both have mediocre games again Cam has the X factor of possible rushing yards or even those rushing TD's. Probably just go with Manning again tonight and see what happens, seems too early to start benching him. Also picked up Mariota off waivers because who knows.

Did I mention this is a keeper league, and I also kept Dez? Heh, FML with this Manning shit especially. He was great that first year, fucked me down the stretch last season, now probably going to fall off a cliff and I'll be back to scraping for a QB for next year.