Fantasy Football: 2015 Advice Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
If you have some bench space and are looking for a one week flyer, Lynch may miss the next game against Detroit and Thomas Rawls put up 104 yards on 16 carries in his place last week. Unfortunately Sea plays MNF and I doubt we'll know for sure one way or another until game-time.

If you have Lynch and/or a DET RB though might be worth a shot.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rawls(sans-Lynch) is a real popular one week guy right now. But yeah MNF makes it risky if they don't rule out Lynch before Sunday's games.

I'd absolutely play Karlos over Yeldon is McCoy sits.

I recently started listening toThe Fantasy Footballers Podcast. Not all of them, they do like 4 a week or something, just one here and there. Pretty entertaining and generally good advice. This current discussion reminded me of it because one of them has Jeremy Hill, Justin Forsett, and CJ Anderson on one team. Brutal.

Two other stats they mentioned this week. Joique Bell has a 7 yard carry this year. On his other 19 carries he has 15 total yards.

Joseph Randle blew it up. But 85 of his rushing yards came on his first 3 carries. He got 2 yards on his other 11 carries, after Atlanta wised up and focused on him instead of playing the pass.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Justin Forsett hasn't done shit so far this year. I'm thinking of sticking him on the bench for Chris Ivory. Especially since PIT has mostly stopped the run well so far. I also have Ellington on the bench since he was injured not sure if he is going to play or not sunday but watching if he does. Thing is both of them might not play this week because of injuries but Ivory is likely to play.

Then again Rapeburger is out so Steelers will likely have issues which puts the Ravens up and needing to run the ball.

Opinions?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Justin Forsett hasn't done shit so far this year. I'm thinking of sticking him on the bench for Chris Ivory.
Opinions?
I'm leaning Ivory mainly cause I think there is a bit more upside, and Steelers Run-D has been pretty legit this year. But I think you are choosing between different halves a turd sandwich.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm going to go with Forsett. I think Ivory will play as opposed to Ellignton so that left it between Forsett and Ivory. I think Forsett has more upside with how bad the Steeler Offense will be and Ravens are overdue. I think its going to be a blow out with a tired Steller D and that leaves room for shit bag Forsett to get some yards.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to go with Forsett. I think Ivory will play as opposed to Ellignton so that left it between Forsett and Ivory. I think Forsett has more upside with how bad the Steeler Offense will be and Ravens are overdue. I think its going to be a blow out with a tired Steller D and that leaves room for shit bag Forsett to get some yards.
Smart decision. Sat Anderson & Forsett cause they just looked god awful. Forsett and that running game woke up tonight, don't feel very confident about the DEN rushing attack. Going with Foster (assuming he's gonna play) & Karlos Williams this week.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Foster wont play on Sunday because the Texans play the Colts this coming Thursday night game. They won't risk him getting hurt on short rest.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Supposedly he worked with the first team this week and should see time this weekend.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK bros I be the helps. Big Ben is down for at least 3 more weeks and I need a 2nd decent QB. I have two offers on the table. I can get Nick Foles & Donte Moncrief for Jordan Reed & Allen Robinson. OR I can get Philip Rivers for Latavius Murray.

Reed is expendable. I have AP and Hyde in addition to Murray. I have AB, Alshon Jeffery, Jordan Matthews, and John Brown for my other WRs.

Renault

N00b
Yeah trading Latavius for Rivers is a really bad deal IMO.

I'd assume with Foles being on the table it must be at least a 12 or 14 team league and thus no chance at someone like Carr on the waiver wire. In that case the first deal seems pretty favorable for you since you are essentially swapping Robinson for Moncrief which is probably just a wash and if Reed isn't your starting TE than it's a worthwhile move.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
8 teams 2 QBs start.

These are the currently available QB's, by projection for this week.

EruVKxQ.png

I dropped Winston for Weeden earlier in the week.

Yeah.

Ireallydon't want to give up Murray, but Rivers is a much better option than Foles to me. Foles has fucking no one to throw to and his next 3 weeks are Arizona, GB, and a Bye. Foles is basically on par with streaming if I'm lucky.

I think I'll counter-offer Hyde for Rivers.

Renault

N00b
Ew. Yeah sounds like you are kind of just hosed in that situation.

I haven't done a two QB league so I don't know how heavily a second one weighs overall but Latavius is a legit top tier RB right now. I'd just try to flip Hyde and toss in Reed, or one of your extra WR's, to sweeten the deal if he really is expendable since he's in that top 8 range for TE's right now.

I'd probably even just roll with Weeden at this point over Foles, as you said he has no weapons and that offense is completely dysfunctional. At least Weeden can check down to Dunbar 10-15 times a game..

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God bless alcohol.

At the bar made a blockbuster trade. I gave up Brandon Weeden and Jordan Matthews for Tyrod Taylor and Eric Decker. Weededn was obviously just to balance it out, but I'm pretty happy with Tyrod Taylor short term. I know Jordan Matthews long term is cash money, but I neededsomethingto get me to the playoffs.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I fucking hate "questionable", especially when its a game time decision...for Monday night!!! Lynch is probably going to play though right?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I fucking hate "questionable", especially when its a game time decision...for Monday night!!! Lynch is probably going to play though right?
If you don't have Rawls to handcuff (or another contingency plan) I don't think I'd roll the dice on him playing. The way I see it is that there are three scenarios with him.

A.) He plays
B.) He doesn't play
C.) He is active but because Seattle is destroying Detroit he is hardly on the field.

I personally think it is going to be B or C with him.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Now I have a dilemma. I have Rawls on my bench with Megatron at my flex and Ebron at my TE. Lions suck ass. I'm down 19 points. Half PPR.

I feel like Rawls has a higher floor at this point. Calvin has been absolute trash all year and the Lions are just a complete fucking mess.