Fantasy Grounds Curse of Strahd campaign

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fantasy Grounds :: The Virtual Tabletop for Pen Paper Roleplaying Gamesfor download as I am told steam version will cause issues if you have it already.
I currently own all 5E content except the DMG.

Making a DD Character in Fantasy Grounds - YouTubeorFantasy Grounds Adding 5th Edition Module Character Creation - YouTube

I will make up the rules as I go along.

Rule 1: Don't be a dick out of character, if you character is a dick that is fine.
Rule 2: This will be all typing so do not correct typos or grammar if everyone knows what that person meant let it slide. I'm sure I will fuck up in the moment, deal with it.
Rule 3: Judgement free zone, this will be a place to get your nerd on whatever that means for you.

Suggestions: Learn the tool as much as possible on your own time and help everyone be better, also learning DnD 5e rules is a good idea. Fantasy grounds does not stop you from breaking the rules and I don't know most of them yet. Some good info on 5e rules:5th Edition DND Rules and Overview of Combat - YouTube

Donations will all go toward campaign modules and add ons, thank you to all that have donated so far.
Discord

Last edited:

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Just so I'm clear you're looking to run this Thursdays at 8? How long are you planning the sessions to last? Just want to make sure I can commit to the whole thing and not screw anyone

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just so I'm clear you're looking to run this Thursdays at 8? How long are you planning the sessions to last? Just want to make sure I can commit to the whole thing and not screw anyone
no worries, even if you think you can only play once a month I suggest giving it a go, recruiting up to 8 players because I expect not everyone will stick.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd certainly be interested. (Not sure on wife, but she does such things as well - mentioned it to her while drugged up and got a "Cool...." whatever that translates to)

But kinda busy tonight, she just had a procedure this morning, so AFKs are plentiful with caretaking that would prevent me from not feeling like a fifth wheel tonight.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm very interested, but can't get on to make a character tonight. The Thursday evening thing is what works for me. If possible, I'd like one of the 4-8 spots for tomorrow (I'm assuming tonight is just for fun, and won't carry over to whatever campaign you begin for the weekly).

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Logging on now to create.

I've always wondered what a Dragonborn Barbarian would be like...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Count me as a maybe for this, I'd really love to dip my toes back into "tabletop" again. Can't do chargen tonight because I'm a bit under the weather and sleep deprived, but I'll try and hook up with you later.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have 4 characters made by various folks, one is RL friend and I know he is going to play. So far we have Druid, Warlock X2 and fighter.

Will leave the game up so feel free to mess with it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Might be interested, I'll have to look into it. I got nothing better to do on Thursday night but it's been a long time since I did real DnD. I assume it takes a mic, which means I'll have to locate mine.

Edit - read it all typing. Sounds good to me even better. Gonna make a character after lunch.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Might be interested, I'll have to look into it. I got nothing better to do on Thursday night but it's been a long time since I did real DnD. I assume it takes a mic, which means I'll have to locate mine.

Edit - read it all typing. Sounds good to me even better. Gonna make a character after lunch.
Yes sir, glad to have you.

Typing will be slower but removes any social awkwardness of new players coming together, that and once we are all familiar with the tool any time lost typing will be made up.

edit: Updated the rules.

Borzak

I kind of prefer typing. Back in EQ when team speak was still kind of rare I typed out all the shit for the guild as we raided and such.

Borzak

Same. I never get prompted for PW.

I assume cold castle smelly zone goes on Host address?

orcmauler

Golden Squire
It looks like you may have to buy the full version in order to join. The version that installs does not have the same functions as in the demo video. Will try again later today after work if it is still open.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Same. I never get prompted for PW.

I assume cold castle smelly zone goes on Host address?
Yes

It looks like you may have to buy the full version in order to join. The version that installs does not have the same functions as in the demo video. Will try again later today after work if it is still open.
No, you need to open your library and add the modules, you then have access to the player side and can add a new character.

This is probably a stupid question but for this we should start at lvl 3?
No, I will run something that will gain people levels/teach them how to play.

Borzak

It appears every time I hit "start" it creates a blank level 0 character. But then I have no idea how to change the name or actually roll that character, but I have 3 level 0's.

I get to where I can open a set of maps that I assume go with this game and added 5e rules automatically, but still no idea on how to start my character. If I hit the green + it just throws in a level 0 again.

Sorry for being a dumb asses, it's probably super clear. I get someone named Nalgah at the top of my screen and that's about it.

Nm getting somewhere adding modules now. Nm apparently those were automatically added when I started on this game with the 5e modules.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It appears every time I hit "start" it creates a blank level 0 character. But then I have no idea how to change the name or actually roll that character, but I have 3 level 0's.
Once you assign a guy double click the top icon assigned to you to access the character sheet.

How you create a character is you login, green plus sign, open your library, click modules, open the two closed books, go back to library and click the DD PHB deluxe, you can then click and drag the class/feats/backgrounds etc into your character sheet.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Some of its a bit wierd. Double click you're unnamed character portrait and it should open up the character sheets