Fantasy Grounds Curse of Strahd campaign

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
I feel like if I ever dm'd, that I would want to flesh out everything, every scenario, because when I do things, I tend to throw myself in fully and be a perfectionist.

Zyke

Is anyone interested in doing a group on the weekends at all? I'd love to play during the week but my schedule doesn't really allow it most of the time.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I feel like if I ever dm'd, that I would want to flesh out everything, every scenario, because when I do things, I tend to throw myself in fully and be a perfectionist.
I tried that style for a few years and more often then not something would happen I didn't plan for which then caused all my other plans to fall apart. Nothing beats experience but best practice is have a rough draft in your brain, an outline on paper and a list of random NPC names on hand.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Game tonight, lets aim for 19:30 CST, I have a long week and will need to end the games around 23:00.

Sulrn

Deuces
Is anyone interested in doing a group on the weekends at all? I'd love to play during the week but my schedule doesn't really allow it most of the time.
I'm not promising anything, but I'm experimenting with roll20 right now. If I can get it down I'll be looking at running modules on Saturday nights/mornings.

Zyke

I'm not promising anything, but I'm experimenting with roll20 right now. If I can get it down I'll be looking at running modules on Saturday nights/mornings.
Awesome, put me on the list as a potential for that. I'd love to play again if I can make the time.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was probably already mentioned, but rather than dig through the thread, is there a way to watch as you guys play? I'm interested in checking it out.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I stream our M/W game for a friend of mine who has to work but enjoys watching me play. Will add my twitch info to my sig.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That twitch would be preferred to save me some bandwidth since it is so shitty, but since this is all typing not sure how well you can read the text unless he enlarges it or streams at 1080P

Also game is up!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Eonan I almost killed you! Awesome way to go I suppose heh.
smile.png
Amazing game tonight, thanks for playing!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone happen to know of a good method of creating my own (obviously digital) maps for my FG campaign I've started? I'm taking them through LMoP but I'll be branching off to my own content after that. Ideally I'm looking for a program that will let me draw/paint terrains or whatever (for outdoors), or wall creation for indoor stuff, and then drag in modular objects/stuff like trees/bushes/whatever for outdoors, various crap for indoor stuff...

I've found a program called MapTool, and it seems to have some basic terrain painting, but very little in the way of existing modular pre-made pieces to drag into the maps. It seems to support a library of pre-gen content, but I'm having a hard time tracking down an existing library of stuff, and I'd rather not have to create stuff myself, because I'm pretty terrible at actual artistic creation stuff on a computer, not to mention that'd take me a ton longer. I'm also aware of GIMP, which seems to be basically a free photoshop? But again, it seems if I went that route I'd have to create my own shit from scratch, whereas I'm really just wanting a program to facilitate modular map creation from existing libraries of assets.

-Oh, and I guess I'll add, I like the general theme/style of the official WotC adventures, so I hope to keep as close to that theme/style as possible.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Does anyone happen to know of a good method of creating my own (obviously digital) maps for my FG campaign I've started? I'm taking them through LMoP but I'll be branching off to my own content after that. Ideally I'm looking for a program that will let me draw/paint terrains or whatever (for outdoors), or wall creation for indoor stuff, and then drag in modular objects/stuff like trees/bushes/whatever for outdoors, various crap for indoor stuff...

I've found a program called MapTool, and it seems to have some basic terrain painting, but very little in the way of existing modular pre-made pieces to drag into the maps. It seems to support a library of pre-gen content, but I'm having a hard time tracking down an existing library of stuff, and I'd rather not have to create stuff myself, because I'm pretty terrible at actual artistic creation stuff on a computer, not to mention that'd take me a ton longer. I'm also aware of GIMP, which seems to be basically a free photoshop? But again, it seems if I went that route I'd have to create my own shit from scratch, whereas I'm really just wanting a program to facilitate modular map creation from existing libraries of assets.

-Oh, and I guess I'll add, I like the general theme/style of the official WotC adventures, so I hope to keep as close to that theme/style as possible.
You can import any image to use for a map or whatever, you can purchase or torrent just about any map these days. I'm sure you will find what you are looking for already premade somewhere.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I've downloaded a ton of maps and that's what I'm doing in the mean time, but they vary wildly in style, scale, etc. I'm a picky motherfucker, so ultimately I'd like control over exact details of the encounter maps. Just hoping someone has a tip for this, because these people who create these maps must have something like this, right? An asset library of some sort? I'm pretty sure that's what people use for MapTool, but I just can't seem to find any good leads toward an asset library for it.

Sulrn

Deuces
Part of why I'm playing with roll20 is because of how simple and easy is it to draw on the fly, as that's how I was raised to DM. So no help here besides breaking out the pen and paper and feeding your scanner.
smile.png