Far Cry 5

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the capture mechanic is really bizarre, especially the first time when its not really obvious at all what happened, like its a glitch or something

xbox one X version of game runs at native 4k, it looks drop dead gorgeous so far. PS4 Pro version is 1800p. First game that really makes me glad I bought an X.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
NM, figured it out. Not a fan of that mechanic, much less running the same timed mission each time it happens =\ But I have to advance the story I suppose ;)
I agree. Getting captured once was fine, but having it repeated 6 (9?) times because basically the same damn thing happens every third of a bar on the resistance meter is pretty retarded. It's not the exact same mission each time, but the idea that the Peggies capture you over and over and just let you go/escape gets pretty silly. Which reminds me that I really need to stop going back and forth to all three areas too before I get all of them to 2/3 before killing a single one. I'd actually rather continue doing what I'm doing but being locked out of my fourth gun slot because I haven't killed a lieutenant really sucks.

And for anyone else just getting to that timed mission, make sure to fail it 4 times so you can complete the 5 chain takedown challenge without having to buy a perk that isn't terribly useful.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I started playing on hard. If perks weren’t so easy to come by I’d be pretty pissed at how many I wasted on stealth shit. It’s pretty useless on most of the missions. Great game though, acting and storylines are top notch.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
about 3 hours in and man, this game is kick ass. Loving everything about it so far.

• 1Like

Vorph

I started playing on hard. If perks weren’t so easy to come by I’d be pretty pissed at how many I wasted on stealth shit. It’s pretty useless on most of the missions. Great game though, acting and storylines are top notch.
Yeah, if you want to capture outposts undetected just send Peaches to clear the whole thing for you, with maybe a little help from Jess (really wish you could tell her to ditch the goddamn incendiary arrows) to clear the ones on roofs. I occasionally take a shot from extreme range with a bow or sniper rifle, but most of the time I'm just looking through binoculars to tell the cat who to kill next.

Crone

How much do perks matter? This is where in these games I usually get crippled, because I'm afraid of choosing the wrong perk that'll fuck me down the line.

Mire

Trakanon Raider
'murica

bRHBXl3.jpg

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Harvest master perk + compound bow + bison in raptor park = shit tons of money.

Bow kills grant extra skins, and so does the harvest master perk. Bring 2x bow followers and get the Journey Pack perk for extra. Seems like I'm getting 7k-10k in about 10 minutes.

Don't forget to use the collected bait, too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Kind of overkill though, there's really not much worth spending money on. The weapons are just skins with the exact same stats and you're just paying to unlock a gun earlier than it normally would. Good, if a bit cheater-y, for the ones that only unlock with 6-9 resistance levels, otherwise pretty much useless. You really only need one of each vehicle that has a weapon on it, which means buying a boat and maybe a helicopter since the free one only has 2 seats (and I think there's one with rockets). There's at least 4 trucks you get from quests with mounted guns on them so no reason to ever buy that. The free planes are the best ones too.

There's around 800 or so silver bars to be found in outposts too.

As for perks, I'd prioritize additional holster, the parachute->wingsuit->air drop line, grapple, leadership the moment you get 3 companions unlocked, sneaky sprint, locksmith, rifle and/or whatever other weapon(s) you like mastery, and the first couple health upgrades. Once you start raising the resistance level in some regions, grab black market and special ammo pouch so you can carry a good amount of AP ammo. Auto repair is really good once you have some of the weaponized vehicles, especially a helicopter. You're going to need human fish and fisher king for challenges at some point too. It's worth grabbing the leader perks for your favorite companions too, it drops the cooldown after getting them killed from something like 10 min to 3(?) min. Beyond that just grab whatever sounds good.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Kind of overkill though, there's really not much worth spending money on. The weapons are just skins with the exact same stats and you're just paying to unlock a gun earlier than it normally would. Good, if a bit cheater-y, for the ones that only unlock with 6-9 resistance levels, otherwise pretty much useless. You really only need one of each vehicle that has a weapon on it, which means buying a boat and maybe a helicopter since the free one only has 2 seats (and I think there's one with rockets). There's at least 4 trucks you get from quests with mounted guns on them so no reason to ever buy that. The free planes are the best ones too.

There's around 800 or so silver bars to be found in outposts too.

As for perks, I'd prioritize additional holster, the parachute->wingsuit->air drop line, grapple, leadership the moment you get 3 companions unlocked, sneaky sprint, locksmith, rifle and/or whatever other weapon(s) you like mastery, and the first couple health upgrades. Once you start raising the resistance level in some regions, grab black market and special ammo pouch so you can carry a good amount of AP ammo. Auto repair is really good once you have some of the weaponized vehicles, especially a helicopter. You're going to need human fish and fisher king for challenges at some point too. It's worth grabbing the leader perks for your favorite companions too, it drops the cooldown after getting them killed from something like 10 min to 3(?) min. Beyond that just grab whatever sounds good.

I-Like-Money.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

I'm not so good at the stealth take downs, but getting an extra $1k for taking out an outpost in stealth is pretty awesome so I try every time.

Just did the airplane obstacle. Probably took 15 tries. The story is pretty awesome and I keep getting distracted by other shit to do.

Vorph

My trick for taking down outposts undetected is to fly in with just me and Jess, summon Boomer and send him into the middle of it. He'll id everything and they won't shoot him. Then replace Boomer with Peaches and command Jess and the cat to clear the place. I shoot the ones on top of buildings with my bow.

Really though, $1k is chump change and there's only 20 outposts anyway so I wouldn't agonize over it too much.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The extra 600 dollars for a undetected compared to getting just no alarms isn't worth the effort to me, so I just use helicopters for outposts. Missile down the alarm towers, then just minigun the rest. Kind of cheese the entire encounters though as they become utterly trivial. Nearly everything becomes trivial with the helicopters. Accidentally did the Misery quest when I flew over it and it activated. Before doing it I had seen a streamer struggle with it on hard since there are so many waves. In a helicopter though, it took a few minutes just waiting for the waves to appear. The drugged animal quests are done with one missile strike.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The extra 600 dollars for a undetected compared to getting just no alarms isn't worth the effort to me, so I just use helicopters for outposts. Missile down the alarm towers, then just minigun the rest. Kind of cheese the entire encounters though as they become utterly trivial. Nearly everything becomes trivial with the helicopters. Accidentally did the Misery quest when I flew over it and it activated. Before doing it I had seen a streamer struggle with it on hard since there are so many waves. In a helicopter though, it took a few minutes just waiting for the waves to appear. The drugged animal quests are done with one missile strike.

Yup I found the same thing with the helicopter. Originally I started using it just to get around the Player vs lack of path up the hill to the objective side of the game :p But infinite ammo mini guns are just too fun.