Far Cry 5

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Started playing this via the uPlay sub thingy. Game is really fun! We'll see if it gets tedious like other Far Cry games (haven't played one since FC 3).

Random issue: I can play the game on max settings with the HD texture pack at 100+ FPS but I randomly drop to single digit FPS sometimes when I open my map. Very strange bug. Sometimes if I let it sit for a minute it fixes it, usually I have to restart. Any idea what might be causing this?
Don't do any side quests, otherwise you'll miss some of the story. You get forced into certain story elements when your reputation in an area gets to certain points, and if you get to that point from side quests, you'll just skip right over other main story missions.

At least that's how it was when the game had first released.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Started playing this via the uPlay sub thingy. Game is really fun! We'll see if it gets tedious like other Far Cry games (haven't played one since FC 3).

Random issue: I can play the game on max settings with the HD texture pack at 100+ FPS but I randomly drop to single digit FPS sometimes when I open my map. Very strange bug. Sometimes if I let it sit for a minute it fixes it, usually I have to restart. Any idea what might be causing this?
Don't do any side quests, otherwise you'll miss some of the story. You get forced into certain story elements when your reputation in an area gets to certain points, and if you get to that point from side quests, you'll just skip right over other main story missions.

At least that's how it was when the game had first released.
Yeah I didn’t have that problem but same complaint. I had just hunted a rare bear and was going for the skin and I whisked away to bad guy land losing the skins I had collected.