Far Cry 5

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can't play because piece of shit Ubisoft won't log me in , and it won't work in offline mode. Fucking Uplay.
Must of been a glitch with switching between online and offline modes. All is well, and I've gotten to my first mission where I was captured. I got access to a helicopter now, but it has no weapons, so that's kind of a bummer.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think thats just a problem with tech in general.

I have no fucking idea why people think that users WANT something completely new and "fresh" every 10 months.

No, fuckers. Just make it better. Don't redesign the entire user experience every year.

What? Are you saying companies should go the Madden and Call of Duty route?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
No, I don't want them to keep repainting the same turd....but I also don't want madden to turn into a FPS or COD to turn into a verbal conflict resolution simulator.

Stick to the concept that grew the fanbase, but don't subject those fans to massive disorientation on a regularly basis just for the sake of that "new" feel.

spronk

FPS noob
I die all the fucking time too, i dunno what it is but once a single enemy is alerted like every fucking enemy on the map knows exactly where you are and they all rush you, and even just silently killing one enemy somehow triggers everyone. I'm used to sniper rifles and ARs but i'm thinking just shotguns and rocket launchers is a better way to play this game.

It doesn't help either that the sway with guns is just ridiculous, especially after you've played a lot of pubg/battlefield/COD/fortnite. I assume the final end reveal surprise is you are actually Michael J Fox with advanced parkinsons.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

I die all the fucking time too, i dunno what it is but once a single enemy is alerted like every fucking enemy on the map knows exactly where you are and they all rush you, and even just silently killing one enemy somehow triggers everyone. I'm used to sniper rifles and ARs but i'm thinking just shotguns and rocket launchers is a better way to play this game.

It doesn't help either that the sway with guns is just ridiculous, especially after you've played a lot of pubg/battlefield/COD/fortnite.
Yesss... Get fucking rushed!! hahaha. It's outta control! I've found that having a rocket launcher is helpful, as I'm on a part right now where I gotta take out armored convoys, and helicopters come in as backup if I try taking out a truck.

Lol.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Welp, don't die during the "Only You..." destroy 6 generators mission. The reload checkpoint is in the bunker, which is sealed up. GG, can't play the game with this save anymore.

• 1Worf

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finished this up yesterday. Although I still want to go back and play everything I missed.

With that said.....

What in the ever living fuck was with those endings. Really???

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
DISCLAIMER: I've been enjoying the hell out of this game, and it's crazy how good it looks / runs on PC.

That said, I can't believe out of the hundreds of people involved in the making of this game, nobody thought to say "You know, maybe having the player becoming 'captured' NINE FUCKING TIMES(even out of a plane at flight ceiling mind you) just to force a cutscene and/or shitty repeatable level on them might just be a really bad design decision"

I thought about spoilering that, but the mechanic confused me and I thought I was playing wrong or just sucked so I put it on easy.

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
That said, I can't believe out of the hundreds of people involved in the making of this game, nobody thought to say "You know, maybe having the player becoming 'captured' NINE FUCKING TIMES(even out of a plane at flight ceiling mind you) just to force a cutscene and/or shitty repeatable level on them might just be a really bad design decision"

I thought about spoilering that, but the mechanic confused me and I thought I was playing wrong or just sucked so I put it on easy.

I agree 100%. Especially the Jacob Seed captures...I fucking HATED it. Zero fun and just a pain in the ass. Instead of a 8 out of 10, because of these "captures" I give it a 6, possibly a 7.

Also,

I beat the game yesterday and that ending...WTF?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Regarding Jacob Seed Captures. Don't click if you haven't finished Whitetail mountains.
The repeated captures mechanic is annoying, but am I the only one that it was effective on? "CULL THE HEARD. CULL THE HEARD. CULL THE HEARD." I blasted Eli on the last one because I had like 4 seconds on the clock by the time I got to the end on the very last one. Didn't even think about it. I laughed out loud when I did it and thought "Fucking Jacob. It worked".

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Regarding Jacob Seed Captures. Don't click if you haven't finished Whitetail mountains.
The repeated captures mechanic is annoying, but am I the only one that it was effective on? "CULL THE HEARD. CULL THE HEARD. CULL THE HEARD." I blasted Eli on the last one because I had like 4 seconds on the clock by the time I got to the end on the very last one. Didn't even think about it. I laughed out loud when I did it and thought "Fucking Jacob. It worked".
The last one also had the bodies remain instead of poof'ing. I do wonder if that pile of bodies you wake up next to each time were people you killed.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The last one also had the bodies remain instead of poof'ing. I do wonder if that pile of bodies you wake up next to each time were people you killed.

They are, the first couple times were just him conditioning you to do the real shooting, hence the last hallucination ends in you killing the leader, and a bunch of nonames

it was actually kinda brilliant, i didn't think anything of it until i turned the last corner and shot the guy in the head realizing it wasn't just another random hallucination.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
They are, the first couple times were just him conditioning you to do the real shooting, hence the last hallucination ends in you killing the leader, and a bunch of nonames

it was actually kinda brilliant, i didn't think anything of it until i turned the last corner and shot the guy in the head realizing it wasn't just another random hallucination.
More about finishing whitetail mountains
Has anyone here made it through the final culling and NOT shot Eli in the head? is it possible to finish whitetail mountains without killing Eli?

Vorph

Jacob's area is the worst for sure. Not only do the forced capture missions suck ass, for some reason his resistance bar is only 10k instead of 13k like the others. I'm at like 9200 now, barely halfway (23/41) done with missions in the region, only 1/4 outposts, and I still have to finish an Eli mission that I know will autocomplete if I don't do it right now. Anyone know what else in the region autocompletes?

After restarting I managed to do every mission myself so far except for the tanker truck delivery one in John's area (which is retarded because there's still plenty of tanker trucks driving around). Faith's region was no problem at all. I know you have to be sure to clear Jessop's Conservatory and the follow-up quest there, and do the 5 trucks/5 boats mission. I'm going to be really pissed if I finish this mission I'm on now and get dragged into the shit that leads to killing Jacob and then half a dozen quests autocomplete on me.