Far Cry 5

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely like the setting they are going for this time, here's hoping the can have a Vaas tier villain again.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah basically a mix match of everything from FC3, FC4, and FC Primal. Thing is, I am guessing Rockstar will launch RDR2 at the same exact time - lol, so I will be playing that and wait for a sale on this one. Too many of these games are the same formula. Some are worth a play through at some point, but there isn't anything Ubisoft has made since AC4 and FC3 that has been worth a full price purchase. Possibly the Division as well. Everything else can wait for me for a half off sale.

Unless the two player coop is amazing, but I do not trust any infrastructure Ubisoft puts this on.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You liked The Division? Really? You hate everything, and that game was dubious at best.

Anyway, this looks pretty good.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The setting is amazing. As a bayou backwater boy I can relate... from all the True Detective I've watched....

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Yeah basically a mix match of everything from FC3, FC4, and FC Primal. Thing is, I am guessing Rockstar will launch RDR2 at the same exact time - lol, so I will be playing that and wait for a sale on this one. Too many of these games are the same formula. Some are worth a play through at some point, but there isn't anything Ubisoft has made since AC4 and FC3 that has been worth a full price purchase. Possibly the Division as well. Everything else can wait for me for a half off sale.

Unless the two player coop is amazing, but I do not trust any infrastructure Ubisoft puts this on.

RDR2 will release in spring.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Only Far Cry I've played is Blood Dragon. The setting of this one appeals to me more than the "exotic" places of 3 / 4. Will 100% wait for reviews and impressions though.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Still never finished a FC game

me either they have such great hype and make their games look so cool everytime and I buy it play a few hours and get bored repeating the same shit over and over and over again and stop playing.

also fuck uplay in the face

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Setting is great. Now I wonder if they will drag it down with the bog standard Far Cry mechanics, since I'm pretty sure everybody is sick of that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting setting for sure, will wait for reviews since with Ubisoft it's usually hit or miss, never know what you'll get.

spronk

FPS noob
supposed to be pretty generic and not very political, think watch dogs 2 + far cry 4 instead of like mafia 3 or something

also it has a pretty big multiplayer mode which has a retro downloadable maps and stuff aspect but I heard the multiplayer core game itself is incredibly awful so its gonna be interesting to see how people react to that, people in the past have not taken that kindly to the tacked on multiplayer stuff in FC/Assassins Creed, i thought they kinda gave up on it after AC4 but i guess not

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I just finish FC4 last night and I have to say the story felt weak compared to FC3. FC4 started off ok but I felt they just ran out of time at the end and just threw some stuff together to make an ending, specially with the Golden Path. As for FC5 this will be the first I pre-order. I usually wait for a sale but by then co-op and or multiplayer is dead. Also, I like what they are doing with the DLC (Mars battling giant spiders, Zombies, Vietnam) and you get FC3.

As for Bandwagon Bandwagon question about it being politicized... I pulled this off of wikipedia because I was kinda curious myself. Spoiled for length

The setting and the tone of the game originated from separatism. According to Hay, when he was young, he often felt unsafe because of the conflicts between the two superpowers during the Cold War. This manifested in the twenty-first century in the form of frequent terrorist attacks such as the September 11 attacks, and financial problems such as the subprime mortgage crisis and in turn caused people to become increasingly protective as they questioned the government. Ultimately the concept of the "global village" began to collapse, which sets the theme of the game and prompted the team to write a story that features a doomsday cult as the game's main antagonist. Hay started writing the story in late 2014; in February 2016, he investigated the details of the occupation and standoff of a wildlife refuge in Oregon, as he wanted to look for evidence that can show the rise of separatism.[8] To create a memorable story, the characters in the game were designed to have different views and opinions on important events, and different ideologies.
Far Cry 5's announcement in May 2017 came at a time of heightened political and ideological conflict around the world due to recent political events, such as the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States and the onset of the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the European Union. Many journalists opined that Far Cry 5's setting and narrative concept, involving themes of religious fanaticism and the rise of the far-right within the borders of the United States—as opposed to the more exotic locales depicted in other Far Cry titles—would likely make the game highly controversial in the current climate.[2][13][25] These journalists noted that due to the long development cycle, it was unlikely that Ubisoft intentionally designed the game's narrative around the political climate at the time of the announcement, adding that Ubisoft had been careful to downplay any perceived connections to then-current real world events.[25][26] Responding to the criticism, game director Dan Hay revealed that the story was written to discuss the consequences of beliefs and ideologies being taken to their most extreme form rather than as a response to a particular political event.[27]

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
thanks spronk spronk & Gator Gator

I got Far Cry 4 on sale about 6 months ago and it was the first FC game I played. Haven’t finished it yet, but it’s fun and I’d love to get some more. It feels like my version of Grand Theft Auto (rural setting instead of cities). Nothing jumped out at me as being overtly & intentionally “preachy”.

I love the setting of FC5 I’ve seen in the previews, but I assumed that the hillbilly militia was going to be a caricature of all the usual stereotypes. Doesn’t bug me when it’s subtle and grounded in reality, just tired of seeing the same bogeyman antagonist in games & tv/movies. Not that I trust it 100%, but I like the explanation given in Gator’s link about the inspiration for the story. Especially that he looked at the details of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge situation, and - “To create a memorable story, the characters in the game were designed to have different views and opinions on important events, and different ideologies.”

As long as it “fits”, whatever. This’ll probably be a week 2 purchase for me. I’ll wait and see what you poopsocks think.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wondering if Imperium would be a good prewatch to release lol. Havnt played a ubi game in a while. So much fucking fail from them, but this one does have me interested.