Far Cry 5

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got stress test invite for the arcade mode this weekend, hoping it's not a shit show in staying connected. Glad to have a chance to try it out before potentially dropping money on it.

spronk

FPS noob
i think the arcade mode is going to end up being savaged extremely hard by the community, hope i am surprised but what i saw of it, the map building is ok but the actual gun mechanics and player respawns for multiplayer are extremely bad

spronk

FPS noob
ubi has had micro transactions in all their games for 3-4 years now and it really is just not a big deal, it gives you random ass weapons and armor that there is zero point in buying and stuff like extra resources that'd take you all of like 5 mins to go farm. its really whale bait and you never need to buy any of it. maybe FC5 will be different but i doubt it'll be any different from the stuff in all the assassins creed, far cry 4, primal, Division, etc.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Agreed. Only buy games during Steam Sales though. So, $15-$30 instead of $60. Just got Witcher 3 finally plus all expansions for $25, I think. Awesome game. It'll last me until something like FC5 is on sale for 50%.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
ubi has had micro transactions in all their games for 3-4 years now and it really is just not a big deal, it gives you random ass weapons and armor that there is zero point in buying and stuff like extra resources that'd take you all of like 5 mins to go farm. its really whale bait and you never need to buy any of it. maybe FC5 will be different but i doubt it'll be any different from the stuff in all the assassins creed, far cry 4, primal, Division, etc.

That's fine, and I haven't gotten any of those games. If i'm paying $60 for a game I want access to everything in it. Everything. Lower the price to 20 bucks or less and we can talk about cosmetics and "time savers".

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That bear is pretty god damned awesome. Could not care less about the map making/MP part, just give me bases to liberate and shit and I'll buy it.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That's fine, and I haven't gotten any of those games. If i'm paying $60 for a game I want access to everything in it. Everything. Lower the price to 20 bucks or less and we can talk about cosmetics and "time savers".
But dude. Montana.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
There is a something that block Tencent to get more. Tencent is known to only get small part of dev and make it easier to export game there.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It looks like a Far Cry 3 remaster will be included with the season pass for far cry 5.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Except now they're in bed with Tencent, and even at a 5% stake nothing good (for us) can come from that.
It looks like Tencent owns pieces of several companies. I haven't read enough to know much about them.

For Ubisoft it's goodbye Vivendi, hello Tencent

Tencent's 5% stake in Ubisoft will be joining a portfolio that's already full of some of the biggest names in games. A rough bit of accounting suggests that the firm owns a little under 5% of Activision Blizzard (also acquired from Vivendi, back in 2013), just under half of Epic Games, around 15% of Glu Mobile, 20% of Pocket Gems, an unspecified minority stake in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds publisher Bluehole, and 9% of Elite: Dangerous developer Frontier Developments. Additionally, it's the outright owner of Clash of Clans developer Supercell and League of Legends creator Riot Games, alongside its own substantial (but almost entirely China-focused) development and publishing operations.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm watching itmeJP stream this early right now, and he's super annoyed how he can hardly walk a hundred yards without some randomly generated NPC or cougar or bear attacking him.

Then this happened to his dog

and now he's stuck in a fail loop because he's trying to chase a helicopter on foot and when he fails it reloads to the part where the helicopter is already getting away.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What gets me the most is that they've decided a flamethrower is somehow an acceptable weapon to put onto randomly generated patrols. As if those things weren't super heavy, expensive and extremely situational in their use. AR-15 or flamethrower on your patrol? Clearly the flamethrower...

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So another 60$ game with microtransactions? I swear I've seen this fail somewhere before...