Far Cry 5

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Liked 3.
Couldn't get into 4 what so ever.
Primal: lol
FC5 - One of my favorites - mainly due to the drunk stunts and Clutch Nixon - but I also liked the sub villians and the story.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I absolutely hate in FPS games when you're kicking ass, feel powerful, then inevitably you get 'captured', lose all your stuff and feel like an idiot.

So you can imagine how I feel about FC5. Plus the ending is absolute garbage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So Far Cry 6 leaked, I haven't looked at it yet, but Ubisoft did put out a teaser to confirm

Also, 5 is easily one of the best intro's to a game I've played. Shit was creepy, edge of your seat , what the fuck ....

"Last chance Marshall .... "

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the atmosphere of 5 is great, it's just the story revolves around you getting captured 9 fucking times.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Primal was among my favorite. It was like skyrim but without guns.

• 1Like
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did somebody say Black Villain?

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never played 5, and Primal just kind of wasn't super fun so I never got that far.

But Michael Mando as Vas was absolutely amazing. I imagine he had something to do with convincing Giancarlo to do this. I have high expectations.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably a stupid question as it is somewhat subjective, but where else to get mocked other than FoH! Also didn't want to shit up the forum with a new thread for my petty concerns....

Anyway, I bought the nVidia shield thing(keep commentary to minimum lol) mostly as a way to play games on my PC in the living room so I wouldn't piss off the old lady. Anyway it came with some Tomb Raider game where Lara was on this japanese island. Normally I don't play these triple A style games because I've never had the PC for it and I kind suck at the aim and shoot while running at the same time stuff. But after playing through the Lara Craft game I must say that was a pretty awesome experience. It actually turned out well for me because it was also entertaining enough that the girl would actually watch it like a movie(until I spent too much time lighting banners on fire and picking berries).

So long story short: I am looking for another game similar to that and found the Far Cry and Assassins Creed series after a lot of research. I am not really into pure shooter/combat type games like HALO/Battlefield and I don't care about online play.

I'm basically looking for something recent(nice cutting edge graphics) and more than just shooting like how Lara Craft constantly had the zip-lining, climbing, traps, and puzzles.

Is Far Cry a good attempt? I was reading many liked Far Cry 4 better for story but is that just nitpicking? If I went with 5 would I get the normal one where I fight that Montana cult or the one with black chicks and flowers?

How would this compare to Assassins Creed in general and more specifically the most recent one where you are in Rome or Greece or whatever? Also did I miss another triple A title that is better than both of those?

Again I know it is subjective, but without going back into older titles(from a graphics and release perspective) what current triple A games fit this description and is there a general consensus on their ranking?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Probably a stupid question as it is somewhat subjective, but where else to get mocked other than FoH! Also didn't want to shit up the forum with a new thread for my petty concerns....

Anyway, I bought the nVidia shield thing(keep commentary to minimum lol) mostly as a way to play games on my PC in the living room so I wouldn't piss off the old lady. Anyway it came with some Tomb Raider game where Lara was on this japanese island. Normally I don't play these triple A style games because I've never had the PC for it and I kind suck at the aim and shoot while running at the same time stuff. But after playing through the Lara Craft game I must say that was a pretty awesome experience. It actually turned out well for me because it was also entertaining enough that the girl would actually watch it like a movie(until I spent too much time lighting banners on fire and picking berries).

So long story short: I am looking for another game similar to that and found the Far Cry and Assassins Creed series after a lot of research. I am not really into pure shooter/combat type games like HALO/Battlefield and I don't care about online play.

I'm basically looking for something recent(nice cutting edge graphics) and more than just shooting like how Lara Craft constantly had the zip-lining, climbing, traps, and puzzles.

Is Far Cry a good attempt? I was reading many liked Far Cry 4 better for story but is that just nitpicking? If I went with 5 would I get the normal one where I fight that Montana cult or the one with black chicks and flowers?

How would this compare to Assassins Creed in general and more specifically the most recent one where you are in Rome or Greece or whatever? Also did I miss another triple A title that is better than both of those?

Again I know it is subjective, but without going back into older titles(from a graphics and release perspective) what current triple A games fit this description and is there a general consensus on their ranking?
I really enjoyed both AC odyssey and Far Cry 5. Didn't do expansions on any of them.
I liked the story and game play better on Far Cry 5, but Odyssey is better for graphics and exploring.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks. Maybe I'll try Far Cry first then the AC series. I've never played any of these games before so I don't have any loyalty or attachment. I wanted to avoid just buying the Shadow of the Tomb Raider and try something different before I went back to the same old thing.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

I was in that same exact boat after playing that Tomb Raider game and wanted more stuff like that (decent story, open world, RPG-style game)

Games I found that fit that.
The other 2 Tomb Raiders that followed the japanese island one. Rise of Tomb Raider was very good, Shadow of Tomb Raider was kind of weak though
The LOTR games (shadow of mordor, and shadow of war),
Far Cry 3,4,5.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was in that same exact boat after playing that Tomb Raider game and wanted more stuff like that (decent story, open world, RPG-style game)

Games I found that fit that.
The other 2 Tomb Raiders that followed the japanese island one. Rise of Tomb Raider was very good, Shadow of Tomb Raider was kind of weak though
The LOTR games (shadow of mordor, and shadow of war),
Far Cry 3,4,5.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Right in the middle of playing Tomb Raider 2013, the one on the Japanese island and I guess this is the first of the "reboot". Loved Far Cry 5. After this I might just go to the next Tomb Raider but at my pace I just might go straight to Cyberpunk at that point.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Right in the middle of playing Tomb Raider 2013, the one on the Japanese island and I guess this is the first of the "reboot". Loved Far Cry 5. After this I might just go to the next Tomb Raider but at my pace I just might go straight to Cyberpunk at that point.

The next Tomb Raider is in Siberia and its a really good sequel like I said before. The third one is in Central America (Maya/Aztec stuff) and its just... weak. Storyline is forgettable and the rest of the game is just a palette/locale swap of the first 2.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The next Tomb Raider is in Siberia and its a really good sequel like I said before. The third one is in Central America (Maya/Aztec stuff) and its just... weak. Storyline is forgettable and the rest of the game is just a palette/locale swap of the first 2.
Yea, I'll have to try something new. Honestly, I'm towards the end of this one, and I'm getting a little tired of the "puzzles" and hopping around all over the place, just to fly down somewhere via zip lines. At first it was cool, but it has gotten old. Good game though, and would still recommend. I'm getting more into these than I did Uncharted for some reason.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Started playing this via the uPlay sub thingy. Game is really fun! We'll see if it gets tedious like other Far Cry games (haven't played one since FC 3).

Random issue: I can play the game on max settings with the HD texture pack at 100+ FPS but I randomly drop to single digit FPS sometimes when I open my map. Very strange bug. Sometimes if I let it sit for a minute it fixes it, usually I have to restart. Any idea what might be causing this?

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Started playing this via the uPlay sub thingy. Game is really fun! We'll see if it gets tedious like other Far Cry games (haven't played one since FC 3).

Random issue: I can play the game on max settings with the HD texture pack at 100+ FPS but I randomly drop to single digit FPS sometimes when I open my map. Very strange bug. Sometimes if I let it sit for a minute it fixes it, usually I have to restart. Any idea what might be causing this?

Pimp out your M60 is beyond OP. The only part that sucks is when you get dragged outta the game for story time.

The DLC isn’t bad either.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Best part of FarCry5 is the environment. Mountainous Rural Western US is such a rare environment in video games, at least in a modern setting.

• 2Like