Far Cry 5

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Doing metro right now but glad to hear people are loving New Dawn. Good shit.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
New Dawn is gorgeous at ultra, 4k, and HDR, and you can skip the atrociously bad dialogue (normal for FC standards) which is a huge plus. The tone fits the series better as well, as I don't think the attempts at grounded stories really fit the gameplay outside of 2. I don't play FC games for the narrative, just give me a gun and the sandbox and let me loose. I might be able to get more than 4 hours into this one, which I haven't done since 3.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Load this up on my Steam Link for the first time and it gives me a message that it doesn't support a controller, but can still work. Wtf? It literally is on every console as well as PC, wtf wouldn't it support a controller? It looks like there are user created controller layouts I can load in, so it's no big deal, but just thought that was dumb.

On the last area, with Jacob Sneed! This guy looks like a real douchebag!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I just killed Jacob Sneed, and that was anti-climatic AF! This guy was the sickest of the 3 siblings I feel, and so I get to the last bit, and it's like kill Jacob, hell yea! Then I take a few pot shots at the top of the hill where apparently it was him, and I get warped to a cut scene because I killed him? At least Faith had that crazy fight in her Bliss world and the other dude was kinda hard? I don't know. That was shitty!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
what the fuck did I just finish playing?

FC4 and FC3 are miles ahead of this shit and its not even close

• 1Picard

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
3: best villains
4: best writing overall, best mechanics, best game overall
5: best scenery

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it worth it's current sale price on Steam ($15)? Does it need the season pass (or any DLC)?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
3 only had one good villain. Never got around to playing 4, 5 was an enjoyable trainwreck.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Is it worth it's current sale price on Steam ($15)? Does it need the season pass (or any DLC)?

i still say its worth the $15 just for the scenery alone. that game is like a fucking great outdoors commercial for Montana. doesnt need any DLC

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm having fun eventually you need to just power through and play the main story. I got too caught up in side quests in the first area I did but now that Ive moved on I'm spending less time doing random errands. For $10 or whatever I paid on the Epic sale, it's definitely worth it.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The DLC

1. If you like Hurk you will probably like Lost on Mars just for his commentary. Plus, it has a Starship Troopers vibe with the alien bugs. I enjoyed this one the most.

2. Vietnam isn't anything special. Stranded behind enemy lines and fight your way to the extraction point. Simple, Short, Vietnam setting.

3. Zombie Movie one I thought I would like but it never hooked me therefor never finished it.

• 1Like