Far Cry 6

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep, that's why I've been saying since a week or so after release that the only correct way to play FC6 is to fuck off to Miami at the first opportunity. Once you see the alternatives, you quickly realize the country is better off with Gus in charge.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

i can forgive a lot if I end the game in a satisfied state, for whatever faults the Assassins Creed games have, every single I ended with "well, that was a decent enough story". Same with stuff like the Yakuza games or others everyone may not like. I was satisfied with FC4, FC Primal, and FC5 even though it was quite a slog to get to the ending.

The ending of FC6 is bad and extremely unsatisfying. It really made me wish I hadn't played the game. So if story matters to you, then skip FC6. And thats ultimately the problem, the ONLY thing FC6 has going for it is story since game mechanics and combat is an utter joke. You can cheese and headshot everything, the only time the game is a challenge is when its all fucked up and shit doesn't work. Its pretty I guess and kinda cool wandering around fake Cuba, but there are so many fuckstick annoying characters who constantly remind you that America sucks, communism rules, being trans and gay is super important, and white people are evil. I can put up with that bullshit in a good game but fuck off in a shitty game.

If you played Mafia 3 its a bit reminiscent of that, in that there is a decent main character and a few side characters but the game gets clogged in a middle section that never seems to end just doing the same shit over and over before you can get to an ending that isn't that great. Mafia 3 was way, way better though.
I'm sure you've posted about many of them in their own threads, but care to mention some of your favorite story games?

spronk

FPS noob
the big obvious ones like God of War, Spider-Man / Miles Morales, Uncharted 1-4, TLOU1 (not 2 lol), Mass Effect Legendary edition, GTA, RDR 1 & 2, many japanese games like Persona / Dragon Quest / Nier Automata, Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Assassins Creed 2, 4, Origins, Odyssey, most of the Yakuza games.

games I feel completely immersed. Weirdly Ghost of Tsushima never did it for me, game is beautiful and I plat'd it but felt a bit off to me for some reason.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

So buddy and I have a system where we coop knock out all the “red” on the map, and skip coop’ing story. We switch “hosts” so we do it for my game and his game. Then we solo just do the main story missions on our own playtime until a bunch of red fills the map again and we will focus on just that for the next time we coop. Has worked really well and made the game way more enjoyable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
i can forgive a lot if I end the game in a satisfied state, for whatever faults the Assassins Creed games have, every single I ended with "well, that was a decent enough story". Same with stuff like the Yakuza games or others everyone may not like. I was satisfied with FC4, FC Primal, and FC5 even though it was quite a slog to get to the ending.

The ending of FC6 is bad and extremely unsatisfying. It really made me wish I hadn't played the game. So if story matters to you, then skip FC6. And thats ultimately the problem, the ONLY thing FC6 has going for it is story since game mechanics and combat is an utter joke. You can cheese and headshot everything, the only time the game is a challenge is when its all fucked up and shit doesn't work. Its pretty I guess and kinda cool wandering around fake Cuba, but there are so many fuckstick annoying characters who constantly remind you that America sucks, communism rules, being trans and gay is super important, and white people are evil. I can put up with that bullshit in a good game but fuck off in a shitty game.

If you played Mafia 3 its a bit reminiscent of that, in that there is a decent main character and a few side characters but the game gets clogged in a middle section that never seems to end just doing the same shit over and over before you can get to an ending that isn't that great. Mafia 3 was way, way better though.

Thanks for saving me $$$. I enjoyed FC5, but absolutely hated both being captured 13 times, and the god awful 'ending'. Sounds like this one is worse, in that it gets to annoy you more along the journey; at least FC5 had pretty Montana territory and great artwork along the way...

Crone

Thanks for saving me $$$. I enjoyed FC5, but absolutely hated both being captured 13 times, and the god awful 'ending'. Sounds like this one is worse, in that it gets to annoy you more along the journey; at least FC5 had pretty Montana territory and great artwork along the way...
Well, the scenery is pretty damn gorgeous in FC6, and they did away with the forced story cutscenes when your Rep got to a certain point so that's a plus!

I'm looking forward to getting to the end of FC6 and coming back here saying, "You were all right, fuck this game!"

• 1Like

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
They should have implemented weapons that jam and break down from usage like from FC2, makes sense since you're using either old museum weapons, worn out weapons or improvised.

Crone

I know there's the quick ending at the beginning where you can just take a boat to Miami and be done with the entire thing, but what happens if you just go straight for the kill Castillo mission? It's been on my map since the very beginning? He's dead, and you still have to go through all the other missions is what I'd assume?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I know there's the quick ending at the beginning where you can just take a boat to Miami and be done with the entire thing, but what happens if you just go straight for the kill Castillo mission? It's been on my map since the very beginning? He's dead, and you still have to go through all the other missions is what I'd assume?
Do it and find out.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I was laughing at you wasting time with your buddy clearing the map, knowing that the end of the game was absolutely a waste of time.

• 1Like

Crone

I was laughing at you wasting time with your buddy clearing the map, knowing that the end of the game was absolutely a waste of time.
Yea, that's dumb AF too, because as soon as you beat the game it goes full-on everything back to the other side anyway...

• 1Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
That kill quest early on is just part of the story by the way. You can't shortcut and "get him" that early. I did it with 1 area cleared and he was never there by design.

Crone

That kill quest early on is just part of the story by the way. You can't shortcut and "get him" that early. I did it with 1 area cleared and he was never there by design.
Right, figured that out as well as the mission played out and I realized I could have done that mission at anytime no matter what.

pwe

Haven't played for a while but wanted to give it another go. But, I can't start the game. Screen goes black, then game exits. Tried restarting pc, logging out of Origin and back in, to no avail.

Anyone seen this error? My google-fu is failing me.

ERROR WinMain.cpp (68) Missing one of following arguments: Product id, exchange code and user id.

Crone

Haven't played for a while but wanted to give it another go. But, I can't start the game. Screen goes black, then game exits. Tried restarting pc, logging out of Origin and back in, to no avail.

Anyone seen this error? My google-fu is failing me.

ERROR WinMain.cpp (68) Missing one of following arguments: Product id, exchange code and user id.
Ubisoft Connect software is buggy as hell and I've just been lucky. Buddy of mine could get as far as loading into game but then would crash every single time within seconds. He's pissed because it just randomly started up one day.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Decided to give this commie fuckfest another try so I snagged it from the library (they ain't getting my money).

Looks like I'm way further along than I thought. I would have guessed I was like 10% through the game but I'm more like 35%. Considering how little I played this, I must have been like speedrunning it. I finished one of the three main central storylines, plus everything before it, plus some of one of the other central storylines.

The gameplay isn't that bad, it's fun and pretty easy since all the enemies have the reaction speed of a walrus. I've been using the Cartomancer (which is, I think, a DLC shotgun or something, think I got it as a preorder bonus the first time I got it on Amazon and returned it...unsure though). Super overpowered weapon, mows through everything. The visuals are really nice and make me wish I was in Florida IRL. Which I regularly wish for anyway.

Main character...I went with the lady but I should have just gone with the dude, because she's as masculine as fuckin' possible with her flat chest, tattoos everywhere, and just generally being a pissed-off grouch. I stuck a green dinosaur helmet on her so I don't have to look at her.

Looking forward to seeing how shit the ending is. I'll plow the rest of this late next week when I have a day free. If I beat a third of the game in the 6 hours or so I played it before without actively trying, then I imagine I could do the rest in a day if I'm actually trying to speedrun it.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the game, pretty much speedran the whole thing by taking out all of the AA gun emplacements early on and then using the helicopter/plane summon from base to fly in and air-drop every time I had a mission in the middle of nowhere (which was most of the missions). Probably saved me a ton of time in the long run.

Ending thoughts spoilered:
I thought the ending was hilarious, the way they all barged into Castillo's office and started fooling with his stuff, then went "so uh, now what" like a bunch of fucking idiots, which is what they were. I thought for sure that Dani was gonna realize at the end that she was fighting for the wrong side, but no such luck. Surprised that Anton killed his son, that was out of nowhere and unfortunate, pretty much took away the one chance the place had.

Also, Yelena accidentally knocking over one of the model buildings in Castillo's office with her rifle made me legit laugh out loud, and was definitely on-purpose nuance from the devs. The message is that Yara is completely fucked.