Far Cry 6

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Are you interested in seeing some other stuff I did in 3D?
Yeah. Not sure if there's a thread already but throwing up an artwork/3D modeling thread in the tech or screenshots area would be good. Could cover the apps used etc..

spronk

FPS noob
plz suggest to the next far cry design team to put in some big titty slutty bitches

thx

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I think most Far Cry have boobs... Izila's Queen, There is the one in FC4.

Primal had penis...

You could even see thems.

spronk

FPS noob
finally finished FC6 and platinum'd it on PS5, man what an utterly disappointing story and ending. If you ever think about playing the game... I say don't bother. Its got all the normal Ubisoft mindless, pointless tedium and base/tower clearing but the story is so drab and stupid and meaningless it makes the last few Assassin Creed games look like cinematic masterpieces.

I 100%'d AC valhalla, far cry 3-5 and AC odyssey and enjoyed all so I'm not a bitch when it comes to long ass ubisoft games, I know exactly what I am getting into, but the ending of FC6 just was so unsatisfying and shitty I'm not sure I'll ever pick up another far cry game again.

Ubisoft also stealth dropped Far Cry Blood Dragon "remaster" this month since it was part of the FC6 season pass, and of course there is no next gen version on ps5/xbox, and its locked to 30 fps. Fuck off, Ubisoft.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
That's disappointing to hear. I was looking forward to grabbing this when it hit a major sale. Blood Dragon was my favorite dlc and that didn't get an upgrade either. Pass...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
It's definitely a Far Cry game, but they really, really turned up their political views in a bad way in 6. I'm not sure if they were shocked how receptive people were to 5 when their clear intention was to vilify "those MAGA people" or what, but characters are obnoxious and forced in 6 and it really kills the overall vibe of the game.

• 1Truth!

spronk

FPS noob
its $25 at best buy and amazon today only, don't think its really worth it but game trades in for like $20 at GS so i guess you could check it out for yourself

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Instead of buying it, I did the streaming game thing for a month for $10 or whatever it was

Then I’m going along and meet some guy in game, and he starts rambling on out of nowhere about how hard it was to be transsexual in the military. Oookay.

Other than that, seems to be a pretty typical far cry game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
1640023783894.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, I think spronk's review is a little harsh. It's a Farcry game through and through. I think it does some good things over 5, and this all could be that I'm not that far into the game yet so I'm not bored or sick of doing the same things over and over again.

Right in the first area out of the intro Island, you have access to all the transport vehicles including planes and helicopters. They do not have guns, but still, that's an improvement over 5 and I think really fun. Love flying around the world even if I have to bail out after a minute.

• 1Pathetic

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's ok for a months sub to uPlay but outside of that? hell no

Fucker

Log Wizard
Yea, I think spronk's review is a little harsh. It's a Farcry game through and through. I think it does some good things over 5, and this all could be that I'm not that far into the game yet so I'm not bored or sick of doing the same things over and over again.

Right in the first area out of the intro Island, you have access to all the transport vehicles including planes and helicopters. They do not have guns, but still, that's an improvement over 5 and I think really fun. Love flying around the world even if I have to bail out after a minute.
I burned out really quickly when I got all the weapons...which was pretty fast. After that, the game dies because of exactly zero progression. That, and the AI isn't. It is plain bad. At least FC5 could pose some challenge at some point, but these NPC's pose no threat. Headshot headshot headshot...done!

Also, the story is completely absent. I guess they hired Gus Fring for the box art and stopped there.

• 2Like

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure why the developers think removing skill choice is a good idea. That made the game very boring for me, and I'm sure some of you felt the same way. A decade ago they would have made the skill tree more unique and immersive in the next installment, but now instead they just completely drop it and randomly add perks to armor that used to be skills.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure why the developers think removing skill choice is a good idea. That made the game very boring for me, and I'm sure some of you felt the same way. A decade ago they would have made the skill tree more unique and immersive in the next installment, but now instead they just completely drop it and randomly add perks to armor that used to be skills.

Because they are morons and went for the path of least resistance in development. We are actually in such a degraded state right now that these idiots are slicing features we have had for the last 20 years. Who would have thought MS just allowed people in early preview to dictate via their gamepass app users can choose which folders to install things into - or not shipping the ability to have local coop in Halo infinite... Seriously.

The entire world is becoming dumber and dumber and subsequently piss poor products and services with a bar lowered damn near to the ground is a result of people still purchasing this trash.

• 2Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It helps I've had a friend to play with for quite a bit of it, but I'm also only 12 hours in. For now it's still fun and entertaining, and right on track with FC5 where I beat the main story about the 30 hour mark.

spronk

FPS noob
i can forgive a lot if I end the game in a satisfied state, for whatever faults the Assassins Creed games have, every single I ended with "well, that was a decent enough story". Same with stuff like the Yakuza games or others everyone may not like. I was satisfied with FC4, FC Primal, and FC5 even though it was quite a slog to get to the ending.

The ending of FC6 is bad and extremely unsatisfying. It really made me wish I hadn't played the game. So if story matters to you, then skip FC6. And thats ultimately the problem, the ONLY thing FC6 has going for it is story since game mechanics and combat is an utter joke. You can cheese and headshot everything, the only time the game is a challenge is when its all fucked up and shit doesn't work. Its pretty I guess and kinda cool wandering around fake Cuba, but there are so many fuckstick annoying characters who constantly remind you that America sucks, communism rules, being trans and gay is super important, and white people are evil. I can put up with that bullshit in a good game but fuck off in a shitty game.

If you played Mafia 3 its a bit reminiscent of that, in that there is a decent main character and a few side characters but the game gets clogged in a middle section that never seems to end just doing the same shit over and over before you can get to an ending that isn't that great. Mafia 3 was way, way better though.

• 2Like