Far Cry 6

spronk

FPS noob
they are doing something with the ubisoft+ thing too, like if you sub you'll get access to the luna cloud platform version of it for free too. everyone wants to be gamepass/netflix

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I've played 5 only and really enjoyed it. Which one should I go with next to have a good time?

Just curious, did you play all the way through? I almost couldn't because of the constant 'interruptions' but muddied through for a not-so stellar ending. I LOVED the location and how detailed everything was though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They should do a Far Cry game where it's in this big open-world city in the future and people have all like, robot-y modification thingies, not sure what you'd call that...

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just curious, did you play all the way through? I almost couldn't because of the constant 'interruptions' but muddied through for a not-so stellar ending. I LOVED the location and how detailed everything was though.
From reading the FC5 thread, I knew there would be interruptions so I was prepared for them. Also, I didn't do a single side quest, because again from here, it was recommended to not do any side quests otherwise you get so far ahead in levels that it messes up the story. So because of these things, it wasn't all that bad for me. I did actually get all the way through, but like most games, I don't ever go back and do anything else. I finish the story and consider it complete for me.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Looks like an older PS4 game

CD gun looks badass though and these games are always stupid fun to me. I’m in

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I'm a complete sucker for the Far Cry series so I'll probably pick this up. FC2 was probably the worse of the bunch (travel) but that was offset by the fun you could have by using an unlimited ammo/weapon durability cheat and simply setting the world alight as you travelled using the flare gun.

Some games are just better when you cheat and FC2 was one of those.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm a complete sucker for the Far Cry series so I'll probably pick this up. FC2 was probably the worse of the bunch (travel) but that was offset by the fun you could have by using an unlimited ammo/weapon durability cheat and simply setting the world alight as you travelled using the flare gun.

Some games are just better when you cheat and FC2 was one of those.

Yeah, I couldn't get into FC2. Too antiquated, map system and travel etc were total pains. I did try for a few hours but eventually gave up and just started the series with FC3 (still my favorite). I know what you mean about cheating. Only game I've done that with was GTA San Andreas, which I cheated all the way through by constantly giving myself a jetpack and infinite ammo to wreak havoc and escape with impunity.

Anyway, FC6 is looking pretty good. Almost too good. 4K/60 on PS5/whatever that new XBox is called. However the fact that it's also on PS4/XB1 is worrisome. It also looks too ambitious for its own good, and I could see there being rampant technical issues unless they really iron it out, especially in the capitol city area.

Some info to keep in mind:
The game itself, regardless of system: $60
Preorder bonus: Chorizo the dog, and the CD launcher. Both are awesome. I don't usually preorder since most of the time it's a pointless activity, but for this game it's worth it for these two bonuses.
Gold edition: $100, Jesus Christ. Is basically the game + season pass (which is not available by itself at this time anyway). Includes 3 DLC episodes where you play as the villains of FC3/4/5, as they become available. Also contains a modern-gen version of Far Cry: Blood Dragon right off the bat. Doesn't look like a full-on remaster, just an up-res. That game alone might make this edition worthwhile. Blood Dragon is amazing if you're a fan of things like Terminator and Predator, since it goes full 80's action movie and has you playing as Kyle Reese.

I would expect them to make BD purchasable by itself though, probably for $20. Hopefully it's like FC3 and you don't need the base FC6 to play it.

There are a couple of higher-priced editions too, but no, just no. This is a rare game that I'll consider the Gold edition on, but probably not. Definitely preorder though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
there was a nice price error on amazon last year where a ton of people got the PS5 gold edition for $60, i'll be playing at launch. If you buy at gamestop you get a $10 reward cert at pickup time for preordering, plus its gonna be a G2L game so you can trade it back for $59.99 within 48 hours.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I worked on that game. I worked On FC2, AC2, WD and all FC after 3.

The game I'm most proud is Primal.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I'm not allowed to say anything I guess but as a fan I can say that I was happy to see a tropical island.

Primal with no hud is fantastic. Many people I work with will also say it was their favorite prodution.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm not allowed to say anything I guess but as a fan I can say that I was happy to see a tropical island.

Primal with no hud is fantastic. Many people I work with will also say it was their favorite prodution.
Why was there not a expansion pack? Sales?