Far Cry Primal

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'll pick it up in a month when it's $19
smile.png

How this isn't a DLC for FC4 at $19 bucks should be a felony.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
You guys did a great job. I'm glad it's getting great press.
I'm sure it was very difficult to reskin far cry 4 on a 15 month dev cycle using recycled assets for 80% of it (including all the animations) then sell what should have been DLC as a full price game.

Good Lord.

Obviously that's not heians fault. He's just doing his job. Ubisoft from a management business perspective can suck my ass.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I'm sure it was very difficult to reskin far cry 4 on a 15 month dev cycle using recycled assets for 80% of it (including all the animations) then sell what should have been DLC as a full price game.

Good Lord.

Obviously that's not heians fault. He's just doing his job. Ubisoft from a management business perspective can suck my ass.
How many hours of the game did you log before you formed your opinion?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you saying it's not going to be a reskinned far cry 4 with 80% recycled assets? Cause I'm pretty confident that's all it is.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I did most of the main characters heads, bodies and expressions. I also did tons of work on the Udam(Cannibal specie). Very rarely I was part in such a motivated team. Everyone supported each other it was a great experience.

I should probably ask to my superior what are we allowed to talk post launch.

Ubi did take a gamble but it seems to pay off. The press as been great and even more important for me is the how much positive the comments on forums and social as been so far. The NeoGAF thread is a great exemple.

I should be able to get some render eventually of my work in Primal and I ll post some of it if you are interested.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
So what if they're not re-inventing the wheel every game? I'm about 20+ hours in already and I'm having more fun than I did in FC4. I like the setting and story a lot better than I did in 4.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I did most of the main characters heads, bodies and expressions. I also did tons of work on the Udam(Cannibal specie). Very rarely I was part in such a motivated team. Everyone supported each other it was a great experience.

I should probably ask to my superior what are we allowed to talk post launch.

Ubi did take a gamble but it seems to pay off. The press as been great and even more important for me is the how much positive the comments on forums and social as been so far. The NeoGAF thread is a great exemple.

I should be able to get some render eventually of my work in Primal and I ll post some of it if you are interested.
That would be great and I would love to see that. The Udam are cool man. Fucking cannibals.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ubi did take a gamble but it seems to pay off
Ok I will honestly not troll this and be a dick. How the hell did Ubi take a gamble with reskinning a game, cutting 50% of far cry 4's features, remap it, use the same damn animations and art assets from the world including the builder assets, and churn out a less than 15 month low cost ship out? If they would have sold it as DLC that's fine because that is what it should have been. A full price game churned out in less time it takes to make a mod is fucking below the bar for even what I thought Ubisoft was capable of. When I thought they MAY start turning a corner by delaying assassins creed for a new formula and stopping the annual shit, they just switched IPs and started in on this one. Which just happens to be one of my favorites with far cry 3 and 4.

I am not going to knock your efforts on development or your experience with your team. That's obviously good and should be. But your company as a whole sucks ass, created their own IP fatigue, and then when they were about to turn the corner (or at least I thought they might) they just switched to another IP to cash cow on low cost development. It's horseshit and you know it.

Do me a favor and go up the chain to actually advance some of these games with actual risk. They could have done a SHIT ton here to make this setting epic. Why not? It would have required different assets and animations which actually cost money to develop. Dinosaurs, flying on teradactyls, controlling a T-Rex and eating a village, adding an actual story. Shit this could have time warped into a planet of the apes twist. Fucking ANYTHING. Instead? It's a bare vine reskin because once again, Ubisofts business practices bury their own heads time after time.

Risk my ass. Remedy's quantum break is a risk. This shit? Took hardly anytime to reskin with minimal effort and who gives a shit if it doesn't sell, there's hardly any money lost. This is not the definition of risk.

Caliane

Do me a favor and go up the chain to actually advance some of these games with actual risk. They could have done a SHIT ton here to make this setting epic. Why not? It would have required different assets and animations which actually cost money to develop. Dinosaurs, flying on teradactyls, controlling a T-Rex and eating a village, adding an actual story. Shit this could have time warped into a planet of the apes twist. Fucking ANYTHING. Instead? It's a bare vine reskin because once again, Ubisofts business practices bury their own heads time after time.

Risk my ass. Remedy's quantum break is a risk. This shit? Took hardly anytime to reskin with minimal effort and who gives a shit if it doesn't sell, there's hardly any money lost. This is not the definition of risk.
I feel like that IS the risk. everyone else would have felt the need to add dinosaurs, zombies, time warps... but nope. game apparently really is just stone age.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
For reference heian, here's how every thread Ut posts in goes.

-Original Point

-Discuss pro/con

-Utnayan:
CkEAbva.gif

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I feel like that IS the risk. everyone else would have felt the need to add dinosaurs, zombies, time warps... but nope. game apparently really is just stone age.
No. That makes it a bland as fuck reskin with the same damn mechanics without the need to worry about coding, animating, or templates anything new. You need to learn the idea of risk and what it is in the gaming industry. According to your definition, Black ops was risky because they visited the Cold War. Give a fucking break.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Here's a counter point:

This game is fun, not groundbreaking, but fun and you're foaming at the mouth to some animation/concept guy who came into this thread to say "Hey, I worked on this game. Thanks" about the entire release structure of his company.

But then again you've always been the saltiest of cunts.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Here's a counter point:

This game is fun, not groundbreaking, but fun and you're foaming at the mouth to some animation/concept guy who came into this thread to say "Hey, I worked on this game. Thanks" about the entire release structure of his company.

But then again you've always been the saltiest of cunts.
No. I counter pointed him saying Ubisoft was taking a risk here. There was no fucking risk. Quit glorifying the tomato in the garden that has been there for fifty years and start reading the posts before puckering up your ass cheeks.

Care to take this industry even lower? Why stop here. Let's stop DLC all together and just launch it as 59 dollar box sales. Because that is exactly what this is, and you just fucking defended the practice.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I've always found it funny that people give Ut's toxic behavior a pass because he predicted Curt's implosion (remember he was banned on FoH for being an over the top, insufferable cunt?). He's the kind of guy who bitches at the Chic-fil-a drive through window attendant for their company politicizing fast food.

You really put heian in his place, Ut. People need to know that Rerolled is taking a stand against video game artists and animators and their predatory development practices.

What cracks me up is that Ut is a very likable person and seemingly even has a sense of humor - assuming we're talking about literally anything besides game development. Have you considered therapy, Ut? You've got some deep shit you need to work through brother.