Fargo

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Have you fucking seriously not seen Fargo? Oh my god dude... yes, see the movie, holy shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have never seen it.
frown.png
in my defense i have never known anyone who has or talked about seeing it so it was off my radar. I will watch it today. So the tv show is the sequel or a reimagining of the same events of the film?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so i saw the movie. it was pretty good. actually a little more brutal than what i am used to in a coen brothers film. they are usually offbeat comedies. i will watch the first episode of the tv show tomorrow.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah the movie is pretty hardcore, it is definitely one of my favorite movies. The show, so far, is following suit.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was a pretty good pilot, would watch again. Most characters look pretty interesting and Billy Bob is killing in Malvo character, it's nice to see him again. Also there was a Coen brothers universe reference, in the motel lobby there's a sign selling "White Russian" drinks. Heh, Big Lebowski.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'll have to check this out since I'm about to move up to the area (Grand Forks). Gotta learn how those arctic people do stuff.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
That was a pretty good pilot, would watch again. Most characters look pretty interesting and Billy Bob is killing in Malvo character, it's nice to see him again. Also there was a Coen brothers universe reference, in the motel lobby there's a sign selling "White Russian" drinks. Heh, Big Lebowski.
Saw that...nice eye!

spronk

FPS noob
Good shit, I never liked the movie that much (meh I was young when I watched it) but the TV show is intriguing. A really, really solid cast that would seem insanely weird on paper but so far is working well. Its wildly different from the movie so far in plot.

It is in fact not based on a true story when I dug into the wiki, but more of a composite of a few different cases in different locations in the 80s. I'm sure there is some artsy fartsy reason why the show begins with "THIS IS ALL BASED ON TRUE EVENTS THAT HAPPENED IN 2006". The only thing I didn't really like is how badass Billy Bob is, goes straight up into cartoon villain territory but I'm sure someone will tell me why that is part of its charm/mystique/makes it an American classic/blah blah.

Its also really, really hard to see how this is going to get stretched into 10 episodes without going completely off the rails.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My only complaint so far is that their northern accents are pretty weak. My uncle has a wicked northern ontario accent (same as the Fargo accent), and I can do a pretty good impression of it
wink.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Everytime I hear a northern midwest accent all I can think about is Bobby's World. "Bobby! Get in tha Taaahooe"

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Everytime I hear a northern midwest accent all I can think about is Bobby's World. "Bobby! Get in tha Taaahooe"
Sad to say, but the Fargo movie was the first time I realized peopleactuallytalked like that and it wasn't just that Bobby's mom talked funny.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There's a lot of "bad guys" so far in this series. I can't keep track.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Him dragging that dude out by his tie was hilarious.

Yeah, the deputy could get it for a big girl. And she wants it, too.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
i think BBT really pulls if off at the end of the first ep.

because some roads you should go down, because maps use to say there be dragons here now they don't but that don't mean dragons aren't there.