Fargo

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
God damn, Lester is the worst person on Earth.
He sure is. That scene in the car made it pretty clear she was a goner; no one gets built up to be so sweet, kind and harmless without a reason
frown.png

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
When I heard Key and Peele were cast in the show, it sounded like some needless gimmick capitalizing on their recent popularity. When we first saw them in the car when Malvo shot up Fargo, I was hoping that was it - just a short cameo. But, I have to say, they've quickly become one of my favorite parts of the show. They are really a natural fit to the Coens' dark humor.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
When I heard Key and Peele were cast in the show, it sounded like some needless gimmick capitalizing on their recent popularity. When we first saw them in the car when Malvo shot up Fargo, I was hoping that was it - just a short cameo. But, I have to say, they've quickly become one of my favorite parts of the show. They are really a natural fit to the Coens'dark humor.
Not sure if racist.

I agree. They're perfect for their roles and they have great partner chemistry.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sorry, I obviously meant African-American humor. It's hard to deny that the Coens are truly the Tyler Perry of dramas set in the Upper Midwest.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
During the Asian Midwesterner's swan song about poop between the mattresses, "Ah she's so nice, it's too bad she has to die..."
My wife: "What? Why would you say something like that?!"
Me: "Keep watching..."

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I never expected Lester to go Alpha as Fuck in this show (even for a short while). I thought he'd just be a pussy the whole way a-la Jerry Lundegaard (movie Fargo). A pleasant surprise. I like surprises.

Goddamn you're a bad man, Lester. Do you think he'll try and cover up his wife's death? Maybe put her through a woodchipper?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lester as a character is such a terrible fucking person. I mean wow, letting his new wife take a bullet for him? That's fucked.

His character is completely screwed at this point so I imagine he dies in the finale. I mean, if he lives, he's got a dead wife in his office after he just got questioned in a triple homicide in Las Vegas. And he just bought plane tickets out of the country. That's not even considering the timing of Key and Peele turning back up to talk to the Deputy about her theory and bringing him back into the spotlight for that whole mess.

I've been pleasantly surprised by this show. A year ago, I'm pretty sure I would've said a TV show based on the Fargo movie was a terrible idea and a blatant cash grab. But this has definitely been a gem.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Lester is toast. The only question is whether he'll have redemption and how much he'll injure Billy Bob on his way out.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I wonder if the popularity of Breaking Bad and Walter White's transformation from good v evil played a part when they were writing the script?

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I doubt it. Lester was never "good" in any sense, just the underdog. His transformation has been from meek shitbag to alpha shitbag.