Fargo

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
allison_tolman.jpg

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Show is pretty dece. Bilbo does a good job.

Is Billy Bob's haircut a reference to Anton Chigurh? All Psychos gotta have a stupid haircut in the coen verse.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I do get an Anton Chigurh vibe from Billy Bob. Except Anton never enjoyed his work.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I actually never saw Fargo the movie. So, sat down and watched that a couple weeks ago then started on the series. Love it. Absolutely great show and deserves more attention here than it's getting.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I know this is supposed to be a "limited series" but does that mean this is just a once off season? I've really been enjoying it so far, and it'll be a shame if there isn't more. But at the same time I don't know how they could write something this high level and still maintain a similar tone in the location without it seeming ridiculous.

spronk

FPS noob
Well, the TV show seems to be more or less a sequel to the movie. If there is a season 2 (nothing to suggest yes or no so far), it would probably take place a time jump ahead, like set in 2012 or 2014 and involve mostly new characters I imagine. The creators deal for AMC does allow for a second season if they want it.

I like the show but I don't love it. I think it gets a little too cartoony in the plot, like Bilbo's great adventures or fish falling out of the sky... yeah, probably an airline losing its cargo or some shit but c'mon. yes I'm sure there is some deep philosophical, biblical rooted metaphor for Malvo as Desire or the Devil but his character feels way too corny to me.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I laughed at fucking Key and Peele being the FBI agents. Awesome casting. And that's already on top of Dennis Reynolds as the pool boy or whatever.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
am glad for our boy Lester giving to the ex-wife that look of sheer satisfaction at the bully's picture was fucking awesome. ok why did Molly freak out at the end. She looked like she just lost her shit or saw a ghost.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the stress of the investigation is starting to get to her. She knows she's asking the right questions. She knows she's starting to connect the dots. Yet every step that gets her closer to solving this, something gets in her way. She has an inept boss who refuses to acknowledge any evidence she presents him. She gets taken off the case for doing her job. Malvo gets arrested and then subsequently released. And then right when she gets close to apprehending him herself, she gets shot by the only guy who is willing to believe her. She's surrounded incompetence and knows that the brother being arrested is going to be yet another hurdle - perhaps the biggest one so far since it ties everything up so nicely that no one is going to be willing to consider any alternatives. It's really not hard to blame her for freaking out at this point.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Great episode. The scene with Lester and Saul was excellent. Kind of sad we don't get to see any more scenes with Deaf Fella and partner.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I guess Billy Bob is the devil and Lester sold his soul to him. Or something.

Edit: Oh, 2 more episodes. For some reason I thought it was only 8 and this was the finale.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I guess Billy Bob is the devil and Lester sold his soul to him. Or something.

Edit: Oh, 2 more episodes. For some reason I thought it was only 8 and this was the finale.
Haha I thought it might've been the last episode too until I looked it up. Especially after the Sudanese kid's story and how things just nicely wrap up.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Haha I thought it might've been the last episode too until I looked it up. Especially after the Sudanese kid's story and how things just nicely wrap up.
The Sudanese kid is the drifter who will set everything right in the world.