Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I can't wait for people to come here complaining about plot holes and shit, like this is the type of movie that cares about plot holes.
Plot holes... plot holes... Are you sure it's not about potholes instead? It's a movie with cars. Potholes are dangerous!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Give it all the oscars.

Only disappointing thing was the fact that one of his brothers wasn't Jason Momoa. I think a cameo by him would have pushed this over the limit and turned it into a legit 80's action flick according to testosterone levels. This looks retarded, and amazing. Excited to see it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This movie is going to be so bad.

I’ll see it drunk opening night.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah...This looks fun.

Did they have The Rock holding down a helicopter with a chain, while holding onto a goddamn tow truck with another chain?

He's The Rock, it's totally believable in my opinion. I bet it was done without any special effect or CGI. :)

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Part of me wants to take my kids (boys, early teens) to see this because I am trying to see what the difference between this, in terms of being a retarded action movie, and Commando and failing. Commando is a pure shit movie, plot is fucking retarded, the action is wholly unbelievable, the villain is ridiculous and over the top, and the whole movie is just pure fun. It’s like the best of the worst action movies, 1 rung below good and 1 rung above bad.

If it gets good reviews here I just might do that.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Word is they are gonna make a Cipher spin off movie now. WIth Charlize Theron coming back.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
cams are out. it was pretty decent action. i enjoyed it

also, roman reigns had no speaking parts and just sat in the background for like 90% of his screen time (which probably came up to a grand total of a minute)
he's getting much higher billing than his part should get. not that this is important or anything, just funny

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
I saw it last night. it was as dumb and awesome as I thought it could be!

I had no idea Ryan Reynolds was going to be in this. "I stabbed a guy with a brick! Turns out its not as hard as you'd think."

• 1Worf

j00t

I saw it last night. it was as dumb and awesome as I thought it could be!

I had no idea Ryan Reynolds was going to be in this. "I stabbed a guy with a brick! Turns out its not as hard as you'd think."

was that an after credit scene?

j00t

the after after after credits scene is where he says that he did it too.

yeah, i knew he was in the movie. i meant the "it's not as hard as you'd think" line. i didn't remember it but the copy i had cut off as soon as the credits started

spronk

FPS noob
6/10. I love the F&F movies, stupid physics and all, but this one just felt a bit off. Like it was trying to be a Mission Impossible movie but didn't do a very good job at it. The last third of the movie is beyond silly, and was basically The Rock writing the script ala Captain Picard riding dune buggies in Nemesis. The four main characters - Rock, Statham, Idris Elba, and Vanessa Kirby are also all basically boring ass MCU superheros now, there is zero sense of danger for any of them at any point in the movie. They also don't really have much chemistry together in any combo, which is weird because I love the actors in other movies. Having 3 of 4 actors with thick british accents doesn't help.

minor spoilers about the last third
The last third of the movie takes place inexplicably in Somoa, Rocks "home" which he left 25 years ago for reasons explained near the end. It is ludicrously stupid that they go there, they start doing Somoan "war" dances, and all the shit you know the Rock forced into the script to celebrate his heritage. Fine, do that, MAKE IT MAKE SOME FUCKING SENSE. Having your brother, a goddamn car mechanic, suddenly be the only one who can repair Star Trek TNG technology just completely yanked me out of the movie and left me bored.

Ryan Reynolds and a fucking goddamn amazing motor cycle steal the movie, those two are insane. Everything else... meh. John Wick and Mission Impossible Fallout are the new bar for action movies, and this one falls a bit short. The combat action scenes were mostly bad, lot of quick cuts, but the car scenes are still fantastic. Only 15 mins or so though in a 2h15m movie, thats a bit of a problem.

I'd say just wait for it to watch at home. Nothing iconic like the vault through Rio or the jump between towers in Dubai.

Maul

Dental Dammer
6/10. I love the F&F movies, stupid physics and all, but this one just felt a bit off. Like it was trying to be a Mission Impossible movie but didn't do a very good job at it. The last third of the movie is beyond silly, and was basically The Rock writing the script ala Captain Picard riding dune buggies in Nemesis. The four main characters - Rock, Statham, Idris Elba, and Vanessa Kirby are also all basically boring ass MCU superheros now, there is zero sense of danger for any of them at any point in the movie. They also don't really have much chemistry together in any combo, which is weird because I love the actors in other movies. Having 3 of 4 actors with thick british accents doesn't help.

minor spoilers about the last third
The last third of the movie takes place inexplicably in Somoa, Rocks "home" which he left 25 years ago for reasons explained near the end. It is ludicrously stupid that they go there, they start doing Somoan "war" dances, and all the shit you know the Rock forced into the script to celebrate his heritage. Fine, do that, MAKE IT MAKE SOME FUCKING SENSE. Having your brother, a goddamn car mechanic, suddenly be the only one who can repair Star Trek TNG technology just completely yanked me out of the movie and left me bored.

Ryan Reynolds and a fucking goddamn amazing motor cycle steal the movie, those two are insane. Everything else... meh. John Wick and Mission Impossible Fallout are the new bar for action movies, and this one falls a bit short. The combat action scenes were mostly bad, lot of quick cuts, but the car scenes are still fantastic. Only 15 mins or so though in a 2h15m movie, thats a bit of a problem.

I'd say just wait for it to watch at home. Nothing iconic like the vault through Rio or the jump between towers in Dubai.
You forgot the most iconic moment of all.

• 1Dislike

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Entertaining schlock of a movie. However, they really cranked up the ridiculousness. Moreso than any past F&F movie.