Favorite Sports Teams

Rydil

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was wondering what everyone's favorite sports teams were, and why. I have noticed some of my coworkers have changed their favorite teams recently and starting thinking if this was a common thing. I only have two teams that I would call my favorite teams, yet I have a story for each.

My favorite college football team is Georgia and I have been a fan since 97. I was at a family union and my cousin was a student at UGA at the time. He gave me his old UGA hat while we watched Peyton's Tennessee team destroy the dawgs. Been disappointed ever since. I became a Manchester United fan in the summer of 2000. I went with my friends family to watch them play Celtic in Seattle. One of the best atmosphere I've ever seen.

So what's your story? Your hometown team? The team you watched win the super bowl when you were 6? You enjoyed watching an all time great play?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Blackhawks, Bears and Bulls. Don't care about anything else. Baseball is for fags.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cheer for the your local team. I also happened to go to school in the same area. Bengals, Reds, Bearcats all the way. Since I moved to the Bay Area, I've also adopted the Warriors. People that switch their favorite teams aren't fans.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Living in Las Vegas I never had any hometown teams. I Became a Cowboys fan because I was a faggy bandwagoner as a child and a Lakers fan just because I would all their home games on TV.

Chicago native. So Bears, Bulls, Hawks, and Sox. I'm an University of Illinois grad, so I also love the Fighting Illini, although that has been more painful then anything else.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bears, Blackhawks, Cubs
frown.png
My shame. Used to love the Bulls but basketball sucks now.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
NFL - Chiefs
NCAA - basketball and football - Anyone playing against KU
Baseball - Gateway Grizzlies - Frontier League. (Edit: Home of Baseball's Best Burger - their words, not mine - a bacon cheeseburger with a Krispy Kreme donut bun.)
NBA - fuck 'em all
NHL - fuck 'em all

I'm a simple man, with simple tastes.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Raptors, Vikings, Cubs, and Hawkeyes.
Why?
I'm from Iowa...that explains 3 of them...I inherited those loyalties from my dad/grandpa.
So what's with the Raptors?
My dad wasn't a football guy and my grandpa was a baseball guy. Neither really cared about basketball. I could have been a Bulls fan, but I grew up during the Jordan era and I'm not the type of person to jump on a bandwagon. Rooting for the Timberwolves never crossed my mind. I was a Hornets fan for a few years, but that was mostly because of Bogues, so when the 1995 expansion teams were announced, I jumped on the one that had a dinosaur because I loved dinosaurs! Then Damon Stoudamire became my Bogues 2.0 and the Vince Carter era started a few years later. After nearly 20 years now, it's just as ingrained in me as the Cubs and Vikings. I've lived in California and Texas for the past 10 years and have never been tempted to switch allegiances to a local team.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
NFL: Redskins
NHL: Capitals
NCAA: Maryland

It goes without saying that I hate sports generally.

I've been rooting for UCLA a bit in basketball and football since I moved out to CA. Don't give a shit about NBA or MLB.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
NFL - Dolphins, because when I was a kid I thought the uniforms looked cool
NHL- Capitals, I'm from the D.C. area
NBA- Wizards
MLB- Orioles
College- Marshall and WVU

Pretty much everything is the D.C. area since thats where I spent a lot of my life moving around. I would have been a Ravens fan when they came out if it wasn't for them acting like some prison gang bullshit. Hi2U Ray Lewis. Of course that may still change if the Dolphins continue to do their best to be most fucked up football team since the Browns.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The NFL is what I mainly follow, and I would consider the Eagles my favorite sports team, with the Steelers a close second. College, Penn State and Army, no matter the sport. NBA, MLB, NHL, I don't pay much attention to unless a Philly team starts making a postseason run. And, of course, I am a rabid Team USA supporter when the World Cup rolls around. I don't often watch soccer, but when I do, it is usually to see Team USA poop the bed on a world stage.

Not much of a story to it, I grew up in PA and have followed the local teams since I was old enough to understand what sports was. And, being former Army, it is just natural to support them, even if Navy has kicked our ass for the last 10+ years. Fricking Navy, bah, they are almost as bad as the twice-damned Ravens.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MLB: Red Sox Friends were all Yankee fans. Despised Reggie Jackson. Decent candy bar. though.

NFL: Dolphins. Steeler fan for years. High school buddy went on to play for the Fins, been a fan ever since.

NHL: Devils Local team.

NBA: 76ers Have not followed basketball since the days of Dr. J, and the round mound of rebound.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
MLB:Giants, NFL:Bears, the rest of the sports I cannot get into for whatever reason. Reason for picking those teams is that my favorite animal is a bear and the two local NFL teams fans are complete dogshit so I chose the bears to root for when I was little. Giants because I was taken to a bunch of games when I was little and was most likely brainwashed into being a fan during that time.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
MLB: Braves
NFL: Colts, then Broncos
NBA: Timberwolves
NCAA: Louisville (Alma Mater; always under-appreciated and under-estimated; always proves everyone wrong)
NHL: I played hockey nearly all my life, but cannot stand watching it (much like golf)

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
MLB: Mariners
NFL: Seahawks
NBA: FUCK YOU DAVID STERN

I am not originally from Seattle, but I spent the better part of my life there so I consider myself a local and thats why I like those teams