Favorite Sports Teams

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Minnesota Professional Teams
Iowa State College Teams

Self explanatory. Went to ISU. Live in Minneapolis.

Prior to moving to the midwest I lived in Fresno, CA. As a grade school kid I followed the Lakers because everyone did. My favorite NBA player ever, to this day is still Eddie Jones, but things shifted once I moved away. During that same time period, Trent Dilfer was at Fresno State. Long story short he and his family are pseudo acquaintances with mine. I followed his Bucs, Ravens and Seahawks teams with little team allegiance outside of that.

I could see myself leaving Minnesota and developing some sort of fake appreciation for the local teams in the area simply because it's pretty easy to adopt teams you see more than others, but I'll stick with the misery of being a MN sports team as my primary for good.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
NBA: Any team that has LeBron James on it.
NFL: Falcons
MLB: Cardinals
NCAA: USC football / Mizzou football/basketball
PGA: Tiger Woods!

Grew up in Missouri, spent my 20s in California. The Falcons thing started because of Deon Sanders though I stuck with them (with less interest) until the Vick years and now it's kind of just ingrained so I root for them regardless.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, all of my teams are pretty shit, especially the football teams - only team worth a damn is the team I watch the least (SA Rugby)

Okie State, Cowboys, Mavs, Arsenal, Springboks.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
All Washington, D.C. teams except that Nationals. I grew up with the Orioles and I look down upon all the mother fuckers who jumped ship to the Nats. Just like I do on those who jumped ship to the Ravens after their success (unless you were a Baltimore Colts fan. You get a pass).

Sterling

El Presidente
Yankees, then whoever happens to be playing against the Red Sox that day. Dolphins and Spurs for their respective sports also.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
NFL: Dolphins - Huge Marino fan growing up
NHL: Avalanche

Don't really follow the other major leagues, growing up outside Chicago I got to see Jordan play a lot kind of hard to top that.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
MLB-Rangers, Cardinals
NBA-Mavs
NFL-Cowboys, anywhere Payton Manning plays
NHL-Redwings
College - Baylor

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Wow. Worst sports fan ever. You cover a lot of terrible bases.
WTF are you talking about? All but two of those teams is "local" to where I live. I grew up in southern Illinois and hated all things Chicago, so the natural rival of the Blackhawks were the Redwings and Cubs rival is Cardinals. Worst sports fans are in Boston.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
NFL: 49ers
MLB: Giants
NBA: SuperSonics if they ever come back
NHL: Don't follow but would adopt a Seattle team if they ever get one.
MLS: Never

Parents grew up in the Bay Area but moved to the PNW when I was 3. They were only NFL/MLB fans and raised me to like the Niners/Giants. I Adopted the Sonics when we'd get free tickets all the time but haven't watched any basketball since they left town. I don't really follow any college sports.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
WTF are you talking about? All but two of those teams is "local" to where I live. I grew up in southern Illinois and hated all things Chicago, so the natural rival of the Blackhawks were the Redwings and Cubs rival is Cardinals. Worst sports fans are in Boston.
You must not follow the MLB and NFL threads. Hating on the Dallas fan base is a RR pastime.

And I'm a Reds fan so fuck the Cardinals and their "we're the classiest and best fans" self-proclamation.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
You must not follow the MLB and NFL threads. Hating on the Dallas fan base is a RR pastime.

And I'm a Reds fan so fuck the Cardinals and their "we're the classiest and best fans" self-proclamation.
Oooooh... Sorry. Let me rephrase.

As a part of the classiest fan base on the planet, I will happily root for America's Team and Hockey Town. Also, how does it feel to know your best player ever will never be in Cooperstown? LOL.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
so fuck the Cardinals and their "we're the classiest and best fans" self-proclamation.
You said it!
wink.png

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Broncos, Avalanche, Rockies, and Nuggets. In that order.

Got to see the first ever games/seasons of the Avs and Rockies. Went to McNichols arena and watched the Avs win on their big screen, during that crazy long overtime game.

I sat on my computer for two straight days hitting refresh trying to get tickets to the World Series during that crazy cluster fuck with their servers. Managed to get tickets for the whole family to the first ever World Series game in Colorado. That one didn't end quite as well, but still proud that my anti social computer habits finally paid off.

When the baseball strike happened in the 90s, a local news team went to the game and asked kids what a strike in baseball meant. I was the only one to know they were asking about the negotiations. Next day, when my mailman came by, he came up to the door and told my parents he saw me on tv! Still haven't seen it myself.