Fear the Walking Dead

Debase

N00b
Yea I was wondering the same thing about the food. Looks like these 6 episodes are only going to cover a few days. I think only a day has passed so far. Which makes sense if they are planning on a longer season 2. I still wish it wasn't focused on just one family but the crisis as a whole, see things break down from a whole bunch of different angles.
It would be interesting to see it play out at that scale. For example, what are people in the rural areas seeing? How much do the police or government know at various stages? Clearly from the hazmat suites and officer loading up on water, there is more there than is being let on. Even seems like they were more deliberately taking head shots?

That said, TWD was always set to be a character drama set in the backdrop of a zombie apocalypse. I didn't expect this show to stray much from it. The larger scope would be cool, but the drama of flawed characters making flawed decisions with incomplete knowledge is a formula that has panned out big time for AMC, Kirkman et al. Not surprised that they didn't stray.

As to the timeline, yea, this is definitely only the night time of day 2. The crazy thing is that in the mainshow, the CDC episode suggests that the epidemic took months to spread globally. That episode itself takes place 63 days after the disease went global.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
The scientist just making it up as he goes with just observation of a few zombies in a pit?

We both know when a character says lines in a show that is not the evil guy it is to be taken at its face value. Television has not yet come to the point in reality where a character can talk out of his ass and it be a slight character trait, instead it is usually a characters full identity. Especially the TWD where every single motivation is overacted to the point of absurdity. That blonde bitch was the worst one at it.

The only character i really love out of the lot of both series so far is Michonne, and that is because she is a 100% dyed in the wool comics character plopped in this nihilistic character drama.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Edit: I do know that the father Travis, the actor is from NZ and is of Maori decent. So I think he's playing an African American character too
Clearly this is not the case because 1. He is still alive and 2. We do not fear him.

kaxfenix

N00b
I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the first as well. I like the stark contrast of those who know something bad is happening and htose trying to pretend like it isn't ( Birthday party neighbors )

WWZ did sorta of the same thing in the book as well.

Some areas were worse than others, media coverage was purposely sparse and there was those who knew this was bad and those who in the back of their mind knew but continued to deny it and live life as normal as possible until it came crashing through your back door...

Saw some semblance of that in EP2..

Though I agree.. why did you not take the food, and why the F did this kid who knew something bad was happening need to risk his life to get his dumb knife, or did he intentionally go back to get the food that he then left??

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I do know that the father Travis, the actor is from NZ and is of Maori decent. So I think he's playing an African American character too
I was reading an article that said the character in the script was supposed to be Latino but when the actor was cast they changed his background to actually be Maori.

Notch_sl

shitlord
A marked improvement from Ep1. I was pleasantly surprised.

Some questions as to why Madison and Tobias didn't take the food. While in the hallways with the cart of food, they heard the metal detectors going off. Though metal detectors could go off for a belt buckle, at that moment Madison and Tobias knew there were others entering a closed school and were presumably armed. I guess they figured better to leave the food than deal with looters.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
what everyone else said. I was completely ready to give up on this after ep1, but hearing the good buzz I watched ep2 and it was incredibly better. I'm in for the season.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
Couple of things that didn't make sense to me in Ep 2:

- Why would a high school stock Oxy?
- Why did the Mom give the Oxy to her junkie kid after he said he felt a lot better?

Goatface

thought the pills were in evidence bags, still wouldn't explain them still being there.

he said something like he was going to get a lot worst, so gave him the pills to delay that long enough to get to the desert

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
The high school itself didn't stock oxy. She went into the crime prevention classroom and broke into the police locker. The evidence bags had various drugs recovered from crime scenes. Cops would come into the school to teach about drugs/crime etc and have those materials on hand to pass around to show the kids.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I took for granted it was where the school administered prescription drugs for students. It was my experience in elementary that the administration held on to the add kid's Ritalin and made them go get it from them after lunch. Although, I guess that makes more sense.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Couple of things that didn't make sense to me in Ep 2:

- Why did the Mom give the Oxy to her junkie kid after he said he felt a lot better?
Pretty sure the Oxy/other drugs were confiscated from a student. Lol I don't think cops would bring in real Oxy to teach classes...

You don't just "feel better" while withdrawing from opiates. It takes a good minimum of 3-4 days to even be able to move around, and more to actually have the necessary strength to move around quickly in a zombie apocalypse. So yeah, he kind of has to have them. I was glad they showed that, it's realistic and they did their homework. Altho for some reason they never show all the diarrhea, just puking. His sister would have more than likely been cleaning his shitsplosions from the couch, rather than seizing vomit.

Goatface

didn't find much about it, but someone said at bigger schools the SROs are treated like their own dept so everything would be stored there.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Not a walking dead fan but the second episode of this was on when I was visiting my mother and holy hell do people not explain themselves in zombie land? The "There is no time to explain" trope is seeped into this show.

Why don't you explain things to people!!!
If my entire family came to me one day freaked the fuck out and told me some outlandish story I would fucking believe them because I've trusted them my entire life, so don't pull that "they won't believe me BS" they had three eye witnesses

Ex giving you shit when you call about your son?
"Society is collapsing there is a disease that is causing people to go nuts, we have to go"
Daughter doesn't want to leave her dying boyfriend?
"Society is collapsing there is a disease that is causing people to go nuts, we have to go"
Son is at some riot and doesn't want to leave?
Your sister wants to leave and see her boyfriend?
Your daughter wants to stop your neighbors from being eating by zombies?

By the end of the episode i was gnashing my teeth I hate when shows do that more than anything.

radditsu

Not a walking dead fan but the second episode of this was on when I was visiting my mother and holy hell do people not explain themselves in zombie land? The "There is no time to explain" trope is seeped into this show.

Why don't you explain things to people!!!
If my entire family came to me one day freaked the fuck out and told me some outlandish story I would fucking believe them because I've trusted them my entire life, so don't pull that "they won't believe me BS" they had three eye witnesses

Ex giving you shit when you call about your son?
Daughter doesn't want to leave her dying boyfriend?
Son is at some riot and doesn't want to leave?
Your sister wants to leave and see her boyfriend?
Your daughter wants to stop your neighbors from being eating by zombies?

By the end of the episode i was gnashing my teeth I hate when shows do that more than anything.
Because television shows have to repeat the first episode thesis repeatedly the first season and move the action along at a non glacial pace. So you get a ton of wheel spinning idiocy.

Anyway my wife loves it so far, I think i will check back in when it stops retreading its premise.

Goatface

if their world truly has no type of zombie references (and maybe even monster) at all, don't know if someone would be able to process/explain it.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
if their world truly has no type of zombie references (and maybe even monster) at all, don't know if someone would be able to process/explain it.
I know the world has no zombie fiction in it but you can still explain what you saw or warn them of possible danger

Debase

N00b
I know the world has no zombie fiction in it but you can still explain what you saw or warn them of possible danger
The director talked about this some. I'm not necessarily agreeing with this, but it some cases (ie daughter) there is a belief that they don't want to expose others to the horror of what is happening. Yes, we know this is futile, but in their minds, they think they can protect others from experiencing what they have until they get out of the city.

Ganthorn

N00b
The director talked about this some. I'm not necessarily agreeing with this, but it some cases (ie daughter) there is a belief that they don't want to expose others to the horror of what is happening. Yes, we know this is futile, but in their minds, they think they can protect others from experiencing what they have until they get out of the city.
This basically is what it is I think. Like how the kid is like the world is ending and the mom is like no this is just a speed bump everything will be normal soon. It hasn't fully sunk in yet that they can't just keep this under wraps until the scary thing is over.

radditsu

Its really kinda sad in order for the world to work, thousands of years of scary stories invented that were dissapeared, to make people idiots in a crisis.