FedEx Cup

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Apparently those greens were 12 on the stimpmeter. If anything that seems low.

The fairway on 16 looked faster than most PGA greens. Those drives were rolling 40 yards perpendicular across fairway and first cut.

Overall though, I thought it was an entertaining tournament. Mediocre first effort by FOX, nothing as groundbreaking as promised. What was truly innovative, real time flight tracks? Too bad they didn't feed that into the cameraman's feeds for all the balls they couldn't follow.

At first I was kinda offput by the normal volume commentary after the whispering all the other networks do, but in the end I think it was kinda refreshing. Also refreshing, Holly Sonders mini skirts.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bummer, was looking forward to more him and Spieth this year

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
There is an amateur tied for the lead at the Open this year. He doesn't really have a shot at beating Speith, who I think will win, but what an amazing accomplishment that would be if he managed to. First A since Bobby Jones in 1927 to win it.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Dustin Johnson sucks on Sundays in majors even if its only the 3rd round.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
There is an amateur tied for the lead at the Open this year. He doesn't really have a shot at beating Speith, who I think will win, but what an amazing accomplishment that would be if he managed to. First A since Bobby Jones in 1927 to win it.
The crazy thing is that this Amateur kid is a year older than Spieth, which kind of puts in perspective how crazy it is what Spieth has been able to do at age 21. I do not know if Spieth will win on Monday though. I think that you really have to look out for Jason Day, Adam Scott or Justin Rose. Would be pretty cool if Spieth could do it though.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Zach, Marc and Louis for a playoff. I didn't get to catch the end of regulation as I had to go to work. Did Spieth bogey 17 and not make birdie on 18?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Zach Johnson, Champion Golfer of the Year. Of all the people I thought might win it, he was not even on the list. What a strange and amazing game golf is.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
He stepped away from his second shot on 18 when someone clicked their camera. Not the first time that's messed with him.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Zach, Marc and Louis for a playoff. I didn't get to catch the end of regulation as I had to go to work. Did Spieth bogey 17 and not make birdie on 18?
Yes - he missed about an 8 footer for par on 17 and then hit a poor 2nd shot on 18 after having to back off on his downswing because of a camera. He still almost made the putt for birdie from the valley of sin to get in the playoff, but it stayed out.

I think Spieth will look back on the 6 three-putts that he had on Friday and the 4 putt double-bogey on Number 8 today as the real reasons he lost though. Even with all of the putting woes, it is pretty crazy that he still had a chance to win. The kid has nerves of steel. I expect more impressive things from him to come. The fact that he is only an average length hitter off the tee and is not a great putter inside 10 feet (Ranked outside the top 100) makes it even more crazy that he is as good as he is. His accuracy off the tee, iron game, and medium range putting are his strongest points, which is an unusual combination to have for someone that is one of the best players in the world.

It has been a long time since an average or shorter length hitter has been number 1, which Spieth is getting close to attaining. Maybe not since Nick Faldo? Mcllroy, Tiger, Duval, Vijay, Norman, Couples, etc were all long or above average length hitters.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I agree. His iron play and his medium range putting are amazing and are how he is winning. He is going to be alot of fun to watch in years to come. I just hope he doesn't take Tiger's route and change his swing all the damn time.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I agree. His iron play and his medium range putting are amazing and are how he is winning. He is going to be alot of fun to watch in years to come. I just hope he doesn't take Tiger's route and change his swing all the damn time.
Yes, I agree. The other nice thing about Spieth is that he does not have a traditional swing either. He takes it back to the inside and then has a pause at the top where he re-sets it. Since it is not a "cookie cutter" swing, I think he will probably not try to change the swing anytime soon since it is the only swing he has ever had and it does not appear to be a swing that will put a lot of stress on his body, unlike some of the old swings that Tiger used to have that hurt his back and knees. Tiger usually looked like he was trying to kill it off the tee; Spieth just looks like a smooth tempo every time.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Spieth and Day final pairing today should be a great watch

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Spieth and Day final pairing today should be a great watch
Yeah I agree. I am a bit floored by the coverage though. They are all talking about Jordan's back nine yesterday when Day had just as good a day as Spieth did. I hope Jason pulls it out for his first major.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
20 under par to break the single major scoring record by Jason Day. He played amazing golf today.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely played great today. Spieth missed some pretty short putts as well which I'm sure took some of the pressure off.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Jason Day is playing disgusting golf right now. It doesn't even appear to be fair. I would be shocked if he doesn't win the Fedex Cup this year.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can see him getting it done, still won't count out Spieth yet either tho