Fell Seal: Arbiters Mark

velk

Trakanon Raider
Finished up new game+ on this. Overall great fun, and a good recommendation.

I was a bit iffy on monsters to start with, but after some experimentation, they are actually super strong. Even average monster builds are competitive with all but the strongest human builds, and strong builds like speedy/warden pektite are top tier, without needing the limited and hard to get equipment that builds like vampire mages need.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Gonna pick this up. What's the best system to get it on? Leaning Switch mainly because my Switch is collecting dust.

FFT is in my permanent top five of all time so I should like this. Is the music anywhere near as good as FFT, though? I feel like FFT was in no small part made by the soundtrack.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gonna pick this up. What's the best system to get it on? Leaning Switch mainly because my Switch is collecting dust.

FFT is in my permanent top five of all time so I should like this. Is the music anywhere near as good as FFT, though? I feel like FFT was in no small part made by the soundtrack.

Neither the music nor the story come even close to FFT.

The gameplay is A+.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I have it on Switch and it's great if you want it for portable mode. If you don't think you'll be playing it that way very much, go with Steam for less than half the price. (Currently $18.57 on Green Man Gaming)

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's actually 66% off on Steam right now, just $10.19. I thought that's what the thread bump was gonna be about!

DLC is just 15% off though, it's $11.04.

Edit: Upon checking, I see it at $8.67 for base game on GMG, and $43 for the DLC included! Looks like current best price is base game from GMG and DLC from Steam, but just saves a buck fitty over buying both directly through Steam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Neither the music nor the story come even close to FFT.

The gameplay is A+.

Yep, the consensus is that the story is extremely forgettable, uninteresting, and cliche, but it has the best gameplay out of any Tactics-esque game.

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yep, the consensus is that the story is extremely forgettable, uninteresting, and cliche, but it has the best gameplay out of any Tactics-esque game.

Yeah, the story is just “a bad guy is doing bad things” but the gameplay, items, class abilities, synergies is just fantastic. Enough so that the bland story doesn’t even matter.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's actually 66% off on Steam right now, just $10.19. I thought that's what the thread bump was gonna be about!

DLC is just 15% off though, it's $11.04.

Edit: Upon checking, I see it at $8.67 for base game on GMG, and $43 for the DLC included! Looks like current best price is base game from GMG and DLC from Steam, but just saves a buck fitty over buying both directly through Steam.
I was referring to the bundle, since the DLC is pretty good too. It was 18.57 yesterday when I checked, but yeah, today it's cheaper to buy the base game from GMG and then add the DLC from Steam. Only a couple bucks difference either way though.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I finally bought the DLC for this on the Steam summer sale. I'm looking forward to the new items, classes, and the large battles. I'm not really that interested in playing as monsters but apparently they're actually pretty good. Either way, I love this game. I've done a full playthrough with all the best gear and classes and I'm still excited to do it again.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wonder if this will get a sequel. It is about as close to the level of FFT or Tactics Ogre that anyone has ever gotten.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I don't want a sequel to this game because I think the worldbuilding and lore of the Fell Seal world is pretty bad. But I do want Nine Dots 6 Eyes to make another Tactics-style RPG with a bigger budget (better art direction, better story, better music, etc.).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't want a sequel to this game because I think the worldbuilding and lore of the Fell Seal world is pretty bad. But I do want Nine Dots to make another Tactics-style RPG with a bigger budget (better art direction, better story, better music, etc.).
Meh. If they can build on the success of this one to hire a few more people to focus on its weak spots, art and story, it could be really good. I’d buy a FS sequel day 1.

That can happen along with the Nine Dots thing.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I meant to say 6 Eyes, not Nine Dots... I get those two studios confused all the time lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I meant to say 6 Eyes, not Nine Dots... I get those two studios confused all the time lol.
Ok then yeah I’m on board. I want a “sequel” from them but I don’t care if it’s a new world or and improved version of the FS world. Their mechanics, gameplay and class system is just too good not to want more from them.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Two questions: How do you access the DLC in this, and is the DLC something I should do early in the main game?

Got the DLC and I want to get back into this whilst traveling. Can't remember where exactly I left off in the main game but it's definitely early, like 5 hours in.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Two questions: How do you access the DLC in this, and is the DLC something I should do early in the main game?

Got the DLC and I want to get back into this whilst traveling. Can't remember where exactly I left off in the main game but it's definitely early, like 5 hours in.
The DLC just adds things to the main game. So now you have new classes, can tame monsters, can send your idle characters on missions from the towns, and new items mixed into the game.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I loved the game, but I feel like that DLC should have just been a free patch.

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
You can continue an old game after getting the DLC but it's recommended to start a new one so you experience everything in the order it was designed to be experienced.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I loved the game, but I feel like that DLC should have just been a free patch.

I agree. It doesn't help that I paid basically full price for this (like $45 between the game and DLC IIRC) only to then watch it go on huge sales. Nothing worth getting too worked-up about though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This has a big discount today to celebrate their last patch. Added a couple new monsters and missions. Any tactics fans that don’t have it should pick it up.

• 1Like