Fertilizer plant explodes in West, Texas

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Reports are talking about 60+ being dead, unknown injured.

Video (albeit shitty and vertical) of the blast:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit that was a huge explosion. I can't believe that fertilizer plants have that much potential energy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Apparently the next closest building was a nursing home, which has collapsed from the blast =\

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Awesome dad! "Hey kids how's about we go drive up to that burning fertilizer plant to get a better view!"

Fucking kid probably blew both his ear drums out lol! He'll have tinnitus for a few weeks. And of course he's recording in portrait mode.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I don't think anyone sees a burning building and thinks "oh maybe it'll blow up in the biggest god damn explosion I've ever seen and fuck us up miles away."

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think anyone sees a burning building and thinks "oh maybe it'll blow up in the biggest god damn ex
It's a fertilizer plant which for all intents and purpose is a chemical plant. Would you knowingly drive up to a chemical plant that is on fire to rubber neck?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That explosion is fucking nuts.

On a side note, why did the guy take a video of the video on his phone to upload it? lol

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
It's a fertilizer plant which for all intents and purpose is a chemical plant. Would you knowingly drive up to a chemical plant that is on fire to rubber neck?
.... I still would.

I never get to see anything this cool in Chicago

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I know fertilizer can be explosive, but I would have never guessed that a fertiziler plant had that potential to explode. I just assumed that you could make a bomb by processing fertiziler. So yeah, I bear no judgement on a guy who stopped what looks like a mile away from a factory that's on fire.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
HZenYAJ.gif