FFG Star Wars Destiny, CCG with Dice.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone else have a chance to play this game at the preview events? Seems pretty fun, and decently deep gameplay decisions. The dice are a bit less frustrating than other dice games I've played (where you're aiming for a threshold of success) what with 5/6 of the sides of any die actually having useful faces, if not necessarily the best face.

Also seems to be selling out absolutely everywhere.

Amusing to see FFG fans go through contortions to justify a CCG after a decade of FFG screeching that CCGs are the One True Cancer of Gaming.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My fear is like the lcgs they will have 5 people or less playing in 2 months and I will have spent 300 or more getting a play set to a dead game.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, I'm just selling all the Legendaries I open while the market's silly in order to recoup my costs.

Sterling

El Presidente
I really hope this turns out to be actually good and that I can wrangle up some local interest as gaming and Star Wars are 2 of the things I nerd out on.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played a couple hands of this over the weekend. I really enjoyed it.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, I ended up caving and buying a box since the next magic expansion is a month out and I had a ton of fun at the pre-releases for this. Lotta people at the game store blaming dice for their losses when they had directly attributable poor play lines actually at fault for their loss.

Sold the legendaries for more than the box cost, since, as expected, their market was silly first week.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not shocking. Welcome to dice games. After playing 40k and Warmachine for years I'm used to the dice blame game :)

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought in. after a booster box and two starters I have all but 39 cards. Seems like enough to build a variety of decks.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Got to try this last night be Rogue One. Really enjoyed it, nice quick game that still has decent depth and strategy. Probably won't pick it up though since it's still cardboard crack.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played a bunch last night. Had a lot of fun. Got some more guys at the local shop to pick up the starters. I hope this game has a community that sticks around.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Been playing some "No Legendaries" decks against folks at the shop because they were complaining that the legendary-heavy decks were "too strong."

They now agree that they'd rather play against Poe or Rey+Han than Grievous or JangoVeers :D

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also, first set of singles sales finally arrived at their destinations. Apparently people would prefer if the dice were just left to roll around and get cracked in the padded envelope, vs taping them to a piece of cardboard. Removing Tape is apparently vietnam levels of PTSD.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
A die isn't gonna crack inside a regular envelope, much less a padded one, unless these were made out of the most flimsy material known to man.. I mean, their entire purpose is to be dropped onto a hard surface over and over.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I bought an entire box of boosters and one starter pack. I will see what I can get going with the kids. I was mistaken thinking I could buy just one starter but it looks like you need stuff from inside and not just cards/dice alone. They only had two Kylo starters though and I wanted one of each so I will order the other.

I got 6 legendaries: Han Solo, Black One, Force Choke, Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber, Commanding Presence, and Crime Lord.

I will hopefully just sell them for more cards since I am not going to be crazy competitive with it.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone seen the packs back in stock? Gamestores around haven't got any for over a month now