Fight Club

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He lost me after Rant. Rant was great, Haunted was ok but seemed like shock just for shock's sake, then Snuff I got about halfway through before I was just like meh, whatever.

Survivor, Choke, Lullaby, Diary, Rant, Fight club, all classics though.
Agree on Haunted overall, but Guts was epic. It's amazing how deep he can make 3 masturbation gone wrong stories.

Also, if you haven't read Invisible Monsters I have it on par with Survivor in awesomeness

My friend and I used to do this all the time when talking to women. Ofc they had no idea what to think but it felt so good.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Agree on Haunted overall, but Guts was epic. It's amazing how deep he can make 3 masturbation gone wrong stories.

Also, if you haven't read Invisible Monsters I have it on par with Survivor in awesomeness
Doh, I knew I left one out. Yeah Invisible Monsters was great.

I liked Guts, and I liked the Nightmare Box story. But all of the other stories were pretty meh and the over-arching narrative was just shock to be shock kind of thing. I didn't dislike it, I just wasn't really into it either. Snuff I never made it through, and I know of two others he has written and I just never ended up getting them.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think that was the point with Haunted. Everyone being so desperate for attention/to be important that they'll do crazy self detrimental things to themselves. Kind of a reflection on things like reality stars. Either way I agree it wad meh overall

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The movie is good but I'll never get the worship this movie gets. There are a lot more better movies out there.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seen the movie a few times, but never read the book. I have heard from a few people that Fight Club is one of the rare cases that the movie is better than the book.

Truth?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The movie is good but I'll never get the worship this movie gets. There are a lot more better movies out there.
Some people overdo it, but as a young man in America it really spoke to me, it put to words a lot of feelings I had about shit around me but I wasn't really capable of phrasing. The movie and the book.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I am Jack's Pancreas. I am located in Jack's abdominal cavity, behind his stomach. I help Jack's digestive system by producing enzymes that break down Jack's food. I also produce several important hormones that help Jack function. Jack doesn't love me. I am a very important part of jack. Without me there would be no Jack. But Jack has never acknowledged me. He has never appreciated the work I do for him. I know what Jack loves. I feel it when he is happy. But he is never happy with me. So I will make him notice me. I will make Jack know I exist. I will make Jack think about his life without me, and how much he took me for granted. I will give Jack Cancer. Jack will die. I will die. I love Jack.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
The book is superior, but the movie is a faithful summary that does the book justice. Some of the moments in the movie, not in the book, are a great addition. The movie does have a more satisfying ending.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Fincher did an excellent job transitioning from book to film. The narration is absolutely vital to any Palahniuk adaptions and are where the best parts of the movie come from.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The book did almost nothing for me personally. It was basically some ghettoized Camus, which I guess is still better than most crap these days so I can totally understand why people like it.

The movie was brilliant. David Fincher is a genius. The screenplay adaptation was great too, the movie had a way more/better black humor tone than the book.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, the movie was good. Loved it. And yes, I also think that movies back then were generally better than they are now, though it might be just part of getting old I guess. Though I do think films now are far, far more visually stunning, in focussing on the visuals (not necessarily CGI, it can also be better cinematography) the story often gets left behind.

Zarken

Trakanon Raider
Chucks my favorite author and have read all of his books multiple multiple times. I always have a hard time deciding which is better the book, or movie. This is one of the only cases that I say you cant compare them. The movie does a wonderful job of summing up what happens in the book, and the blips of Tyler are magical. But the further detail of how extensive Project Mayhem goes you don't get unless you read the book.

I am SUPER excited about Rant being in the pipeworks! James Franko as Rant just makes me super excited.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
BTW just saw this video about David Fincher's directing style. Some here might find it interesting. The guy who makes these videos has a pretty impressive channel for those who are keen on cinematography.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Chucks my favorite author and have read all of his books multiple multiple times. I always have a hard time deciding which is better the book, or movie. This is one of the only cases that I say you cant compare them. The movie does a wonderful job of summing up what happens in the book, and the blips of Tyler are magical. But the further detail of how extensive Project Mayhem goes you don't get unless you read the book.

I am SUPER excited about Rant being in the pipeworks! James Franko as Rant just makes me super excited.
I had not read about that. I am cautiously optimistic. Fight Club was good, sure, but Choke had an amazing cast and was very bad. And Franco has done some really good movies, and some garbage. I also worry that they will compromise the story too much, the complexity is what really drew me in. Rant is probably my favorite after Fight Club. Either Rant or Survivor.