Fight Club

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, holy shit, how can you not like Fight Club's ending? It's as perfect an ending as any film has had.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do you like any movie beyond the original Star Wars trilogy? You shit on everything.
Ahah nah dude. The problem is Hollywood lately only makes shit, that is why i don't like most of it. If you have been noticing, what i trash is shit like robocop remake, prometheus, etc....do you see a pattern here?
smile.png

About fight club, the only thing i didn't like was the ending. 7/10, would be 8 or 9 if it wasn't for those last moments.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
What was the difference between the movie and book endings? It's been 10+ years since I've seen/read either, but I'm curious.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The movie just ends with him basically "killing" Tyler, but the buildings collapse as he holds hands with Marla. In the book, he thinks he killed Tyler but there is a line revealing that isn't true, and he wakes up in an asylum where members of Project Mayhem ensure him the plan continues.

Derivator_sl

shitlord
I'd already stopped doing acid by the time Fight Club came out... but seeing it in theaters really was something. There's only 3 movies I've ever seen that have felt like an acid trip, none of them made by David Lynch, and Fight Club was one of them.

It was a very powerful movie for the young men.
What're the other 2 movies?

iannis

Musty Nester
The Ninth Configuration was one.The Ninth Configuration (1980) - IMDb

It's not a great movie. It's not a bad movie either. But we caught that on a late night theater and I missed the first few minutes of it. I seriously had no idea what in the hell was going on in that movie, but it was very strangely interesting and it was making these clipped little points. None of us did. We just sat there in silence and bewilderment. After it was over there was a fair amount of "what the fuck?" And, of course, Fear and Loathing. Mileage may vary and all that. For those three, for me, the director and editors did a good job of weaving something together in a fairly unique way.

Calling the ending "fuckin horrible" is absolutely retarded.
^^

This. Fight Club is one of, if not my favorite, films. He may have "killed" Tyler in the film, but he finds the freedom and full state of being to which Tyler led him. In short, he becomes self-actualized, and becomes Tyler. At least that's the way I interpret it.

The film is an outstanding, creative adaptation of the book, and both have excellent endings.

I'm the first to admit that I'm apprehensive about a sequel/prequel, regardless of the format.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I kind of wish the sequel would just follow Project Mayhem as a domestic terrorist organization. That would be interesting.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
I really enjoyed this movie, but I never worshipped it like others did. I have seen it twice, maybe three times. The only thing that left me confused was why they spliced in the brief dick shots. Was that in reference to the scene where he did similar things working at the theatre or did it have a greater purpose?
Loved the movie. About what i quoted, somewhat relevant :12 Things You Didnt Know About Fight Club. - Imgur