Final Fantasy 16

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's what I was talking about, and yes. Never feels like I really win anything, but more like I threw lives at it or something. Unless I win in one shot, so I try to do that.

Monster Hunter is probably the biggest "thing I should really like, but wasn't able to get into at all" out there. I tried with MH3U, MH4U, and I think even Rise and couldn't get into any of them. The lack of a lock-on totally killed them all for me. Seriously, who makes a game with Souls-style combat and doesn't give it a lock-on? All I remember from, say, MH3U was running around trying to hit small foes with a giant greatsword and constantly swinging at the air.

Also, just running around killing wildlife isn't really my jam. I liked the Hunts in FF12 and 13 because you were hunting down various menaces that were terrorizing the land. In MH it's more like "kill this large wolf and her six children who are just minding their own business in a cave somewhere" and it felt fuckin' weird.

Mainly the lock-on though, it not having that was a real "WTF" for me. But whatever, MH has its legions of fans so it was doing something right. I've heard MH World / Iceborne is the best so I'm willing to give that another try eventually.

I mean it isn't really a surprise that you fight Bahamut, considering the game seems to be all about fighting Eidolons and he's like the king of Eidolons across this whole series. I assumed he was in it since the get-go. I'm wondering if Leviathan and Asura will show up though.

I think fighting Titan might be the next phase of the game for me. Haven't played in two days, but I'll have some time tonight probably. I really like the Titan guy and wish he was playable. Game would be better in general with multiple playable eidolon-people which is what I thought it was going for at the beginning.

Anyone know about how far along the Titan fight is (when I get to it)? I think I have around 10 hours played (the PS dashboard tells you even if the game doesn't) and wondering how long I can expect this thing to be.
If the little % and time gauge shown on the FF16 home screen are accurate, I'm at 45hrs and 66% progress. I'm a few hours past Titan.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Whos the last boss you fought?

Im watching 9 hours straight of FF16 boss fights

Ifrit and the Dark Link version of Clive, I believe.

If the little % and time gauge shown on the FF16 home screen are accurate, I'm at 41hrs and 69% progress. I'm a few hours past Titan.

Damn, I might be nowhere near the end. Then again I tend to book it through games like 2x as fast as the norm. Not doing side quests and not talking to everyone saves a lot of time. If I really like the game I'll 100% it on a second run and do all the things. Been doing this since the days of FF4 on the SNES. First run was like 16 hours and I didn't do anything unnecessary, second run was like 38 hours and I did everything except get the Pink Tail (only cause I didn't know it existed).

Chris Chris Don't downvote me motherfucker! Bahamut being a boss in the game was pretty much a guarantee as soon as it introduced giant eidolon kaiju fights.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Chris Chris Don't downvote me motherfucker! Bahamut being a boss in the game was pretty much a guarantee as soon as it introduced giant eidolon kaiju fights.
That wasn't the spoiler. He posted 2-3 different things about the battle.

Someone else posted about the Bahamut battle days ago and just said it was a spectacle.

Apparently posting spoilers in two different threads including in politics forum isn't against the rules so I'll get the cunt back one day, but my days of clicking "show ignored posts" for him are over.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If the little % and time gauge shown on the FF16 home screen are accurate, I'm at 41hrs and 69% progress. I'm a few hours past Titan.
It's story progress and there are more side quests as you progress, so hopefully it doesn't correlate to game time.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
That wasn't the spoiler. He posted 2-3 different things about the battle.

Someone else posted about the Bahamut battle days ago and just said it was a spectacle.

Apparently posting spoilers in two different threads including in politics forum isn't against the rules so I'll get the cunt back one day, but my days of clicking "show ignored posts" for him are over.

LOL, you had me on ignore but were still clicking "show ignored posts"?

CUCK.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

<Screenshotted>
It's story progress and there are more side quests as you progress, so hopefully it doesn't correlate to game time.

15 out of 16 final fantasy games, have not been "Final"

hope i didnt ruin the game for you

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20230629_232730.jpg

So, you can go back and replay earlier stages. In Final Fantasy.

Not "dungeons", not even "maps". Stages.

They should just go all the way into action game ville and give you a letter ranking at the end of each "stage".

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 480421

They should just go all the way into action game ville and give you a letter ranking at the end of each "stage".
Well it says it gives you a score there at the bottom. Maybe it’s got a letter!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If the little % and time gauge shown on the FF16 home screen are accurate, I'm at 45hrs and 66% progress. I'm a few hours past Titan.

Looks like I'm at 15 hours and 41% progress. Whoa, a lot further than I thought I was. Still avoiding sidequests. I'll give it the full robust 80 hour playthrough somewhere down the line. I owe FF15 a second run as well, did the same thing there.

Just arrived within eyesight of the Empire's fortress. This whole area is gorgeous, with the farmland and ocean and everything.

On the world map there's another fortress to the east of the Empire, with an entire unexplored land around it. I'm guessing that's the endgame area and not the Imperial Castle. The eastern mystery fortress is all dark and foreboding, think it might have the Dark Crystal behind it. Excited to see what happens.

Well it says it gives you a score there at the bottom. Maybe it’s got a letter!

I'm gonna try to rack up more combo attacks to get an S rank on the latest mission in FF16!

This stuff annoys me a lot and makes me want to dump on the game, yet the game is so good that I kinda can't.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks like I'm at 15 hours and 41% progress. Whoa, a lot further than I thought I was. Still avoiding sidequests. I'll give it the full robust 80 hour playthrough somewhere down the line. I owe FF15 a second run as well, did the same thing there.

Just arrived within eyesight of the Empire's fortress. This whole area is gorgeous, with the farmland and ocean and everything.

On the world map there's another fortress to the east of the Empire, with an entire unexplored land around it. I'm guessing that's the endgame area and not the Imperial Castle. The eastern mystery fortress is all dark and foreboding, think it might have the Dark Crystal behind it. Excited to see what happens.

I'm gonna try to rack up more combo attacks to get an S rank on the latest mission in FF16!

This stuff annoys me a lot and makes me want to dump on the game, yet the game is so good that I kinda can't.
Do the 2 side quests in Moore.

There's no way that point is 41% by the way.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
View attachment 480421

Did you get beyond that screen to see how it works, or just nope out immediately? I did and it's more than just jumping back into the fight shown, the one I selected out you at the very beginning of the overall encounter, so noped out.

There is a similar, but complex activity that opens up later that I think is fun though.

Last edited:

Loser Araysar

<Screenshotted>
View attachment 480421

Would you guys say that this is more akin to God of War type of action platformer now than an action RPG like Witcher 3?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Would you guys say that this is more akin to God of War type of action platformer now than an action RPG like Witcher 3?
It’s god of war + devil may cry. Nothing like the Witcher other than medieval setting.

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 480421

You can totally ignore the feature like I did, but to be clear, you are complaining about the name of it?

Loser Araysar

<Screenshotted>
It’s god of war + devil may cry. Nothing like the Witcher other than medieval setting.

I never played DMC so I have no frame of reference. But when I think modern RPGs, I think Skyrim/Witcher clones so I thought that would be a better descriptor for FF16 since it doesnt have any turn based combat and uses stuff like counters, parries and dodges. I guess Elden Ring and AC: Odyssey would be in the same category.

Loser Araysar

<Screenshotted>
You can totally ignore the feature like I did, but to be clear, you are complaining about the name of it?

Nah he is complaining about the fact that its barely an RPG at this point. Seems like its an action platformer with superficial RPG features. Equipment catalog is sparse, spell list practically nonexistent, replaced by "abilities". Exploration neutered and not worth it from what I'm reading here. And now the game is broken up into levels/stages.

But you already knew this.

Last edited:
  • 1Like