Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
People definitely scramble for rank at the months end, so if you're only barely above 3k, you might have to lapis refresh to secure a top slot. Only way to be sure is to stay up on the last day and check the rankings the hour before the reset.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
So what are the avg phantoma returns for you guys? I'm running Elza + Exdeath + 3 bonus units (seven, jack, jake? whatever... not ace) and I bring one of you guys' numerous Bonus units. I average an ELT run of around 800 phantoma, with doublicorns giving me almost 4500.

How does that compare to PRO with 1 runner and all bonus units?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I only have a single 50% bonus unit of my own, and there's always at least a 75% bonus friend to take, so on average I get ~450-500 per ELT run.

I'm almost done with the event though, and probably won't farm anymore once the new content comes out tommorow. I picked up the first moogle, unusual artifact, survival dagger, the screamroot, all of the tickets, and have around 20,000 remaining to spend on 6* materials and cactuars. I have a big surplus of 6* mats, and already have about 140 cactuars clogging up my inventory with no one to level, so either I buy more slots to store them, or just skip the cactuars entirely.

Notable things I'm skipping are:
the gun (it sucks, and I have like 10 mustadio's waiting)
the consumables (I have 150+ elixirs/phoenix and more every day from arena)
the megacite (all of my espers are maxed, with enough reserve to max the next 3 released)
the quartz (have ~400, with more per day from arena)
the magic materia (too small of an impact, and it's far from BIS if I ever gear a mage anyway)
and the evasion materia (I may change my mind on this one.... we'll see)

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Hmm yea I didnt have any mag10%s crafted so i bought all 4 to put 2x each on my Exdeaths. Can't figure out what else to get? I bought the accessory (unusual cube?) and I'll probably buy the gigas and evo mats, but beyond that... no clue.
The sword really that big an upgrade for Cecil over blood sword?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Probably more of a sidegrade (10% hp vs 20 spirit), but I want it because it's an elemental weapon. I try to always collect all elemental weapons to have options to build a team focused around one huge elemental chain. It's more of a just in case purchase though, and could easily be skipped.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you don't have three 6* Chizurus--at least two of them dual wielding--the dagger allows you to do better elemental chaining by mixing in an Edgar or two using it and the Air Dagger from gale key completion.

I'm buying:
dagger
accessory
elixirs/remedies
tickets
megacites (for Odin)
gigantuars (at least 33 for Rain, not sure about rest unless Ariana is actually useful)
star quartz (I've spent a bunch on earrings so I'm short for getting both the spear and man-eater materia)
calamity gems and writs (got plenty of the rest)
sacred crystals

With only 2 +50% units of my own the moogle isn't even remotely worth the NRG, so that means only about 80k total is needed.

Vinen

God is dead
If you don't have three 6* Chizurus--at least two of them dual wielding--the dagger allows you to do better elemental chaining by mixing in an Edgar or two using it and the Air Dagger from gale key completion.

I'm buying:
dagger
accessory
elixirs/remedies
tickets
megacites (for Odin)
gigantuars (at least 33 for Rain, not sure about rest unless Ariana is actually useful)
star quartz (I've spent a bunch on earrings so I'm short for getting both the spear and man-eater materia)
calamity gems and writs (got plenty of the rest)
sacred crystals

With only 2 +50% units of my own the moogle isn't even remotely worth the NRG, so that means only about 80k total is needed.

Is Rain worth it? I can Rank 6 max him as soon as he can be awakened to 6.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Is Rain worth it? I can Rank 6 max him as soon as he can be awakened to 6.

You want to max him eventually no matter what, because later there's special content that can only be done with story characters (Rain, Fina, etc etc). For now though, the question is do you have a good breaker unit?

Rain's stats are shit tier even at 6*, with like 115'ish base to every stat and no passive bonuses. That's still better than most 5* units though, so if your only breaker is something like Faris or Ingus, he's an upgrade. If you have Noctis, or maybe Agrias or Warrior of Light, they can handle breaking duties just fine.

A special mention goes to the Gilgamesh trial coming up soon. You need to deal Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/Holy damage every round to prevent some of his attacks, and Rain has a skill that deals fire/earth damage, so if you for example give him a Wind or Holy weapon, he can cover 3/5 of those elements all on his own.

Short answer: You should level him. As a story character, he takes about half the Cactuars to levelup anyway.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

lol never mind, read that wrong.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hey Sinzar, you mentioned having enough Megacite to upgrade 3 Espers to Level 40 2*, do you have a formula for how many it costs per Esper? I have a bunch also, just want to see where I'm at :)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
That was just a random guess, I didn't calculate my exact amount. I have around 130'ish of each megacite and about 80'ish of each magicite. You can see exactly how much each esper takes to level on their reddit info page. For example, here's Odin. Odin will take around 376 megacite to go from start to max lvl 2* since he has no favored color. I guess that means I could only max 2 espers, not 3... maybe I'll buy some orange megacite in preperation of Titan after all.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ZqdjEwW.png

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Ariana's about how I expected for a free unit...

The March of the Beasts trial wasn't too bad, but I can see it giving trouble for newer players. I did it with a 5 man team for the mission, and the only consumable I used was a few turbo ethers on Refia. I did heavily abuse Noctis's point warp for basically infinite mana though. Went with Cecil, Refia, Noctis, Exdeath, friend Noctis, and an empty slot for mission.

This trial confirms what I've always known. Mages are worthless in PvE. My Exdeath may as well have sat on the sidelines playing cheerleader, and probably would have contributed more to the fight. Lesson learned, he's riding the bench for all future non-arena content.

Video of my 5 man trial clear:

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mages only get worse and worse for PVE, and once Amelia comes out they even stop being top tier in PVP as the stop meta begins. That's why anyone who went all in trying to pull Dark Fina is a major retard, because she's barely better than a 3* base and mages are falling off hard. I'm glad I only ever ground a single mage TM.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm guessing that this farm event won't follow previous history where the second week is always better to farm than the first, does that seem right? Trying to adjust how much I'm farming to get "most" of the rewards, but I don't want to have nothing to farm when I do the 3 daily runs. On the other hand, I'm only getting ~500 currency a run.

Vinen

God is dead
Once I polish off the limited supply 6star materials what should I go after? Is the accessory worth it? I've already grabbed all but the most expensive rare summon cards.

Having a newborn has been condusive to not letting energy go to waste...

Vorph

Mages only get worse and worse for PVE, and once Amelia comes out they even stop being top tier in PVP as the stop meta begins. That's why anyone who went all in trying to pull Dark Fina is a major retard, because she's barely better than a 3* base and mages are falling off hard. I'm glad I only ever ground a single mage TM.

Why does the stop meta begin with Amelia when Noctis is already here and so much better at it? I think I'd quit doing arena entirely if it ever gets to the point where I can't use my mages (+Noctis); fuck going back to the time when it was possible to have the fight last more than one turn.

Re: Unusual Artifact -- It's basically just as good as a Hero Ring, which you're probably still quite a ways from being able to craft. Hero ring is better on mages and 6* phys that you prioritize with ATK pots, but for anyone else the event one gets the job done and comes with 12 more def and a bit of HP too.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why does the stop meta begin with Amelia when Noctis is already here and so much better at it?

Amelia isn't a 5* base.

Also, if anyone remembers me mentioning how vulnerability increases how much mana Noctis gets from point warp, resistances also reduce how much mana you get back. Which means Cecil and WoL don't get mana back from Ring of the Lucii.

Vorph

Amelia isn't a 5* base.

Sure, but she only has a single target 30% stop. I guess I just don't see the point when it's so easy to kill the whole other team. I'm more concerned about getting stop defense somehow for the times when I don't go first than I am about trying to apply it myself.

As far as Amelia goes, I was really interested in her for the 10-hit AOE and innate dual wield with guns, but then I realized that the Candy Gun is the only elemental one in the game. Might still work though, you'd just have to hit a 20 phys chain before landing the finisher.

Last edited: