Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Definitely feeling the Lasswell *6 love in arena with Exorcising Storm. Once I get a little more gear, he's going to be a melee beast. Why don't more people use him? I don't think I've encountered one once in all my matches this week or last.

Have a couple of "vacancies" in my friend list (aka, people dumped me). Be sure to put FoH or something like that in the comments so I know to add you right away. Thanks!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why don't more people use him? I don't think I've encountered one once in all my matches this week or last.

For most people the answer is that they are just too dumb to realize how stronk he is. In my case, I use double wind element chizuru, so I just plain don't have room for welly because Ling, Noctis, and Refia/Luka aren't coughing up their spots to him.

fris

Vyemm Raider
if you're healing you aren't keeling

i'm running Ling, Luneth (natural status resists op), Orlandeau on Odin as bladeblitz will max (tired of swaping gear back to Gilg), Exdeath with dualweild and sunbeam, Lazwell. Laz has man eater sword, materia, and diablos, 4x999 most of the time.

once dual magic is back, i'll probably swap 2nd exdeath for Orlandeau.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'm loving this new experience vortex. I'm trying to get my Minfilia to level 100 and then I'll tackle the Espers again.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The only unit Lasswell could replace on my arena team is Gilgamesh, but I'm not sure it's a viable swap. Gilgamesh has full stat pots, so he has over 6k hp and 300 def in my pvp gear, which means even when the enemy team goes first with a ton of aoe, he rarely dies first turn. He also uses maces (Thorned Mace), and the poison can be relevant sometimes. I would say Gilgamesh ignoring cover was a thing too, but I haven't seen a Cecil in arena in like 2+ weeks.

My Lasswell is only level 85 or so (6*), been leveling him in exploration groups while doing this egg event. Once he hits lvl 100, I'll swap him in, see how tanky he can be when I go second. Definitely not giving him any stat pots just for arena, so not sure if it's going to work.

Last edited:

Tiphares

Golden Squire
So i wasted 80 NRG on Dark Espers with total bonehead mistakes. The first attempt was going great and i was taking down Ifrit slowly to get the esper summons and forgot to rebuff fire resisy because i was getting mana... and he killed most of my party. No recovery. 2nd attempt i messed up the dispel with DC on Refia and they 1 shot most of the party.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So i wasted 80 NRG on Dark Espers with total bonehead mistakes. The first attempt was going great and i was taking down Ifrit slowly to get the esper summons and forgot to rebuff fire resisy because i was getting mana... and he killed most of my party. No recovery. 2nd attempt i messed up the dispel with DC on Refia and they 1 shot most of the party.

You know you can soft reset if you screw the dispel up right?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Ariana event is back with a new tier.

Don't make the mistake I did: Dualcast counts as an ability. Had to complete it an extra time for all the rewards.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ariana event is back with a new tier.

Don't make the mistake I did: Dualcast counts as an ability. Had to complete it an extra time for all the rewards.

It's not supposed to. Are you sure it wasn't something else, like MFina's retaliate? (I'm guessing you brought an MFina companion)

Didn't know that... oh well.

Anything you screw up on your turn can be fixed with a soft reset as long as you still have someone who hasn't acted.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Nope. My group was Refia, Cecil, Gilgamesh, Cloud of Darkness, Noctis x2.

I used Dual Cast for some heals but other than that I only used Limit Breaks and auto attack.

Something funky could have messed it up but I went back with the same group and consciously did not use Dual Cast and got the reward.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nope. My group was Refia, Cecil, Gilgamesh, Cloud of Darkness, Noctis x2.

I used Dual Cast for some heals but other than that I only used Limit Breaks and auto attack.

Something funky could have messed it up but I went back with the same group and consciously did not use Dual Cast and got the reward.

I just did it with dualcasting and got the no ability achievement, so whatever messed it up for you definitely wasn't dualcast. Of course, I forgot to bring Ariana, but it should be over in a couple rounds now that I can use abilities.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Noctis's counter heal is an ability and will fail the mission (or so I've read, I just left him home to be safe and got it no problem).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Help me convince my OCD that I don't need to 6* the second Ariana. Unless the 500 lapis deal applies again. Then I guess I have to.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Help me convince my OCD that I don't need to 6* the second Ariana. Unless the 500 lapis deal applies again. Then I guess I have to.
You do, and you need 4 microphones total and 2 of each of her equipments.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure she's just for players who missed her the first round. I fused mine into the first for +5% trust. I'll be sad if it turns out that was a mistake!

Had pretty good luck with this latest batch of egg summons. Got almost 20 burst pots, so now my Cecil has level 25 limit break for nice buffing. Maybe I'll still use him even after WoL's upgrade for some fights just to take advantage.

With the overflow of cactuars, I finished up leveling Laswell. I did a side by side comparison of him in arena gear compared to my Gilgamesh:
pic.jpg

With that setup, he does 800-999 x4 with his storm ability. The big difference is 1700 less HP compared to Gilgamesh, though after using him for a few orbs, he seems to live ok even when enemies use AoE's. The 4k damage he provides is really nice though, and I had totally forgotten Lasswell has innate counterattacks, so I think he will be staying on the arena team. Sorry Gilgamesh, you've been benched. Maybe I can even justify some stat pots...